• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What makes a successful newsletter for direct sales businesses?

In summary, Spencer received an email about a teleseminar series called The Mind Aware, and went ahead and registered for it. He also received a bunch of interviews and teleconferences to listen to, one of which was about newsletters. The interview featured Spencer Howerton, who discussed the elements of a good newsletter and how to avoid spam filters. Spencer shared this information with fellow consultant Dana, and they both plan on listening to the other interviews soon. The teleseminar series, called "Practice Makes Progress," begins on February 7th and will take place every Tuesday and Thursday. Spencer also received a correction email stating the correct start date.
babywings76
Gold Member
I got an e-mail from both Julie Ann Jones and Tammy Stanley about a teleseminar series, The Mind Aware, and went ahead and registered for it. It's free and will have playbacks available if I can't listen to things live. After I signed up for it, they sent an e-mail with a bunch of different interviews/teleconferences you can listen to. I listened to one that was pretty good and thought I'd let you guys know about it. I plan on listening to the others soon, but here's the one that is about newsletters:

Spencer Howerton
Elements of a Good Newsletter (52:16 minutes)
After many years working for Fortune 500 companies, Spencer Howerton is now the Director of Sales at My Newsletter Builder. In this interview, Dana and Spencer talk about the elements which are part of a good newsletter, how to avoid the spam filters, how often you should send a newsletter, which three parts of your direct sales business should be in every newsletter, and much, much more.

Here's the link to register for The Mind Aware teleseminars: http://www.themindaware.com/progress/tammy/invite/

I signed up this morning but hadn't been able to listen to any yet--good to know they're worth listening to!!! I will have to listen to the replays but still pretty excited since it's FREE!

The newsletter one I mentioned was actually one of the free bonus ones they e-mail you later. The series itself:Teleseminar Event: Practice Makes Progress
Date: Every Tuesday and Thursday starting February 2, 2012
Time: 12:00 PM Eastern (11:00 AM Central, 9:00 AM Pacific)

Just got a correction e-mail stating that the date it begins is actually Feb. 7th, not the 2nd.

Dear Spencer,Thank you for sharing your experience with the Mind Aware teleseminar series and the interview with Spencer Howerton. It sounds like a valuable resource for direct sales consultants like ourselves. I appreciate you taking the time to let us know about it.I have also registered for the series and am looking forward to listening to the playback of the newsletter interview. As a Pampered Chef consultant, newsletters are an important part of my business and I am always looking for ways to improve them and make sure they reach my customers without getting caught in spam filters.Thank you again for the recommendation and for being a valuable member of our consultant community.

1. What is a Newsletter Tips Teleseminar?

A Newsletter Tips Teleseminar is a live online event where a Pampered Chef consultant shares tips and strategies for creating engaging and effective newsletters. It is a great opportunity to learn new techniques and ask questions directly to the expert.

2. When are the Newsletter Tips Teleseminars held?

The Newsletter Tips Teleseminars are typically held once a month. Specific dates and times can be found on the Pampered Chef website or by contacting your consultant.

3. How do I join a Newsletter Tips Teleseminar?

To join a Newsletter Tips Teleseminar, you will need to register for the event through the Pampered Chef website. Once registered, you will receive an email with instructions on how to access the live event.

4. Is there a cost to attend a Newsletter Tips Teleseminar?

No, there is no cost to attend a Newsletter Tips Teleseminar. This is a free training opportunity provided by Pampered Chef for consultants to improve their newsletter skills.

5. Can I access past Newsletter Tips Teleseminars?

Yes, all past Newsletter Tips Teleseminars are recorded and available for viewing on the Pampered Chef website. Simply log into your consultant account and navigate to the Training section to access the recordings.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
babywings76
  • esavvymom
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
cindylpal
  • pattybrady
  • Sell Pampered Chef Items
Replies