• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Boost Your Newsletter Success: Tips from a 1-Year Veteran

In summary, people have had success advertising their outlet through newsletters, but it's not the only way to get bookings.
pchefjaime
Gold Member
I have only been doing this for about a year. I have feel into a slump. I was just wondering for those of you who send a newsletter what are the results if any for you. I have not seen any yet. I feel as if I am wasting my time!! I think I am just in a funk that i need to get out of:grumpy: I really need to get bookings but have nothing on the calender!!!!:( Anyway just wondering about others results. Thanks:)

I have more success advertising the outlet than anything else. However, it does keep my name in front of others so that's great. I use Constant Contact to send out my newsletters and can see who opened the email and what they click on. I love it! I think it helps me know that at least people are looking even if they don't email me. Don't give up! People are busy too and MOST will not contact you to host a show even if they want to do one.

I haven't really got a big response to the newsletters, but I do see the reports that people are opening them and clicking links! Just not ordering or booking shows! I have got some good responses from sending out emails when the outet gets updated.

Also... I have mailed out coupons, flyers, special sales, emails... and gotten very little response. The BIGGEST response I've gotten when trying to jumpstart my business was to hold an OPEN HOUSE SHOW - and go for bookings, bookings bookings! I did a Jimmy Buffet Open House and I was lucky to have such a good show and many people came by and I got two bookings. Off of those two shows, I got 5 bookings...

Keep your chin up, you have to start somewhere! Maybe it's time for you to do another open-house! Oh, and invite EVERYONE!

Hang in there...it took me a while to start getting responses. I can't say I get a ton, but I usually hear from a customer or two each month. May was my best ever...2 cooking show bookings and 1 catalog show JUST for the host special and HWC. Plus I think I got over $100 in online orders. Totally unusual, but gratefully accepted...and I'm not expecting the same in June (though it'd be nice :) )

As Jules said, it keeps your name in front of them, so when they DO want something, they'll remember you.

I've had over $800 in sales so far this year on my PWS due to my monthly emails, so it definitely pays off over time. I had more people emailing/calling me in the winter to book shows, but not lately. I need to get my act together and set a night aside to just make calls to book up my summer. I have tons of leads from the winter (call me for a summer show) that I need to get in touch with to schedule. Go back to your fall and winter guests and see if they're ready to host. See if any of your guests are teachers - they love to host in summer when it's not so crazy during the school year. There are people out there, you just have to find them - they usually don't come to you until you've been plugging away for a LONG time, and even then, it still takes some effort (and not just a monthly email). Set easy to attain goals for each day or week and try to meet them for now (3-5 calls per day or week, whatever works for you). GL!

pchefjaime said:
I really need to get bookings but have nothing on the calender!!!!:( ]

You should have come to our last meeting! It was all about bookings!

What is a newsletter and why is it important for success?

A newsletter is a regularly distributed publication that contains information and updates about a particular topic or organization. It is important for success because it helps to build and maintain relationships with customers, provides valuable information and updates, and can drive sales and engagement.

How often should I send out a newsletter?

The frequency of newsletter distribution depends on your audience and the type of information you are providing. It is generally recommended to send out newsletters at least once a month to keep your audience engaged, but not so often that they feel overwhelmed.

What should be included in a successful newsletter?

A successful newsletter should have a clear and engaging subject line, relevant and valuable content, visually appealing design, and a call-to-action that encourages readers to take further action. It should also be personalized and tailored to your audience's interests and needs.

How can I measure the success of my newsletter?

There are several ways to measure the success of a newsletter, including open rates, click-through rates, conversion rates, and subscriber growth. It is important to regularly track these metrics and analyze them to make improvements and adjustments to your newsletter strategy.

What are some best practices for newsletter success?

To ensure the success of your newsletter, it is important to have a clear goal and purpose for each newsletter, use a consistent format and design, segment your audience and personalize content, provide valuable and relevant information, and always include a call-to-action. It is also important to regularly review and analyze your newsletter performance and make improvements as needed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Newsletters
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • Lisa/ChefBear
  • Pampered Chef Newsletters
Replies
Views
PampChefJoy
Replies