• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What do you think of the Newly Designed Batter Bowls?

In summary, many people do not like the new design of batter bowls. Some people like that it is lighter, but others find it too heavy and uncomfortable. Complaints include the handles being too small, the bowl being too top heavy, and the bowl being unattractive.
Admin Greg
Staff member
Please discuss the Newly Designed Batter Bowls. Tips, complaints, praise, reviews, ideas, thoughts...

I think it's going to be harder to mix in the flat bottomed batter bowls. Not a fan of the new design, although it does seem a bit lighter.

Honestly? I am very unhappy with it! As soon as it came in, my husband looked at it and goes "this is a huge downgrade!" His biggest complaints are as follows: heavy, small handle, uncomfortable, BIG.
My complaints are as follows:
First: it is very "top" heavy. You pick it up and it is hard to hold it, because it wants to fall forward. The way the handle is placed, it makes it very difficult to get any leverage to hold it up. My husband even mentioned "As soon as your hands are wet, this thing is going to slip out. It is going to be come the Batter Shatter"
Second: the hand is the same thickness as a 1 cup Pyrex measuring cup. As i have played around with it, I can't get over the "feel" of this bowl. I constantly feel like i am going to lose my grip. The handle is WAY undersized. So, i grabbed my pyrex measuring cups- i have them in 3 different sizes- 4 cup, 2 cup, and 1 cup. I grabbed the 4 cup first, the handle was the same length, but width wise, the batter bowl was MUCH smaller. I noticed right away that the Pyrex has a much nicer "thumb hold" than the new batter bowl. So, i got my 2 cup measuring cup out. The 2 cup handle is smaller in width than the 4 cup, but still, it was BIGGER than the batter bowl. So, I got the 1 cup measuring cup. Low and behold, the width of the 1 cup Pyrex measuring cup is the same width as the 8 cup batter bowl! And, the 1 cup measuring cup still has a much nicer, larger thumb hold than the new batter bowl.
Third: honestly? It looks cheap and ugly. It is big (size wise, it barely fits in my cupboard where my old bowls fit easily), clunky, thin (glass size), and just plain unattractive. Beyond that, the glass is super thin, much thinner than the classic batter bowls and once again, even thinner than the Pyrex measuring cups.
Four: I haven't actually used it yet, the likelihood is that i am just going to put it in my show bag and use it only for shows... but i don't see how the flat bottom is going to make it "easier" to mix... it seems like a gimmick to get people to buy the new one. btw- @CookinWithLynda, it is 2 oz heavier (not appreciable, but i feel it in the awkwardness of the bowl)
All this being said, there are a few plus sides: #1- it is easier to see the markings because the bowl is not curved. #2, i like how much bigger the spout is from the original.
Ah, vent complete, i feel better getting that off my chest!

I don't like them and so far neither do any of my customers

I think it's hard to hold......handle is too short. I'll keep my old one and hope it never breaks.

I LOVE them!! I've been waiting for PC to change this design for years! I have been hanging onto my Pyrex set which nests. These are similar to my Pyrex which I have had for 20 years. These are an easy switch for me. I can finally get rid of my Pyrex.

I just added this to another post "new classic batter bowl" and have sent comments to the home office.
The only thing I like about these is the fact they nest. Everyone else I have spoken to does not like them; both customers and consultants. Complaints are the handles are not sturdy and they do not fit in the hand (too small). They do not feel stable nor balanced when holding. The glass is thinner and of less quality. They do not feel sturdy. I agree with most of the complaints and I would never have purchased them except that I need to take the new design to my shows. It would seem someone could have come up with a stack-able design that was positive in all the other areas. I have told anyone that complains to contact the home office.

I used the small one to do the Celebration Cookie Mix - the lids are not as secure as the old version and in transport lost some of the ingredients on top.

mlpatch said:
I used the small one to do the Celebration Cookie Mix - the lids are not as secure as the old version and in transport lost some of the ingredients on top.
I actually thought they did not feel as secure, but have not used them with the lids on yet.

I have had the small one since we could get it on sample and I was pretty happy with it. The NEW small nested very nicely in the OLD large. So far so good.I just got the large NEW one the other day. I figured I'd like it since I have no problem with the small one...I usually use my SS bowls for most tasks, but when I need to mix something that I need to stick in the microwave first, the Batter Bowl is my answer. I use the large batter bowl to heat up the Buffalo wing sauce and then toss the wings. I tried this last night. I was shocked when I lifted the NEW batter bowl to carry over to the microwave - these are HARD to hold by the handle! And I only had 3/4 cup liquid in it - it wasn't even full or heavy and it was VERY cumbersome to carry by the handle.So, then I thought it might be easy to toss the wings due to the wider base, but it really wasn't. It wasn't easier - or harder. So, no improvement there. I think I will go back to my old one. I'll keep the new small one, but I am really surprised that I didn't like the new large one.Just my 2 cents.

I just got a message from someone who said the handle edge was so sharp it cut her finger! Doing a product adjustment now!

When I saw that we were "upgrading" the batter bowls I figured they would be great... I do have to say that the new ones do not bother me as much as some other people. I actually ordered 6 OLD batter bowls just as a safety net just in case someone didn't like the new ones, but so far no one has said anything about them.

No one has order any of the new ones from me so far. I do carry at least one of the new ones to all my shows and events.

I finally used the new one last week. I actually really do like the size and shape of it, but the handle still feels too short to me and I have to hold it with two hands when full to make sure it feels secure and not like I'm going to drop it. I do love how the lid fits so securely -- so much better than the redesigned lids for the old bowls from a few years ago. This one actually snaps in place and stays on well.Shari in TX

I only use my new batter bowl for shows, and I really don't like to. My lid doesn't stay on (only hand washed) and the bowl itself it just odd. My old style bowls will forever be my go to. I haven't sold a single new bowl either. Everyone at my most recent party mentioned they had the old ones and loves those better.

I love the new shape! Just large one so far but i really like it

What are the benefits of the newly designed batter bowls?

The newly designed batter bowls from Pampered Chef have several benefits. First, they come with a non-slip base and handle, making them easier to use and safer to handle. They also have a spout for easy pouring and a removable splatter guard. Additionally, the bowls are microwave and dishwasher safe for convenience.

What sizes are available for the newly designed batter bowls?

The newly designed batter bowls come in two sizes - 2-quart and 4-quart. The 2-quart bowl is perfect for smaller batches or single servings, while the 4-quart bowl is great for larger recipes or meal prep.

Are the newly designed batter bowls made of durable material?

Yes, the newly designed batter bowls are made of high-quality, durable plastic. They are designed to withstand everyday use in the kitchen and are also heat-resistant, making them suitable for mixing hot ingredients.

What is the purpose of the removable splatter guard on the newly designed batter bowls?

The removable splatter guard serves two main purposes. First, it helps prevent messy splatters while mixing or pouring ingredients. Second, it can also be used as a strainer for draining excess liquid from ingredients, such as pasta or canned beans.

Can the newly designed batter bowls be used for other purposes besides mixing batter?

Yes, these batter bowls are versatile and can be used for various purposes. They can be used for mixing and pouring pancake batter, cake batter, and other recipes, but they can also be used for serving and storing food. The bowls are also great for marinating meats or mixing salads.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Admin Greg
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • Admin Greg
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
raebates
  • Admin Greg