1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Newbie's review of a couple of recipes

1. jj16

jj16 Member Gold Member

Okay here's my take on the Warm Nutty Carmel Brownies - Way too sweet. Definitely need milk and even then I would only do a 1x1 square or a bite.

Taffy Carmel Tartlets really good I think the pie crust helps break up the sweetness. Definitely let pie crusts get to room temperature first.

I'm thinking of trying it with my pie crust recipe next time since my brother-in-law brags on me all the time about my pie crusts. I make home made rasberry pies for him all the time.

Thanks

Judy

Apr 3, 2009
  2. BlessedWifeMommy

BlessedWifeMommy Veteran Member

Your own pie crust sounds good, but be careful, if you do it for a show, make sure the recipe is "doable" by the average cook.

3. ChefPaulaB

ChefPaulaB Veteran Member

See, I am the total opposite... I love the Warm Nutty Caramel Brownies (agreed they're really sweet, but ooohhhh :love: so good!). Not really crazy at all about the apple tartlet things. I've only made them once and have no desire to make again, yuck. :yuck: But that's just us! :rolleyes:

Apr 3, 2009
  4. AnnieBee

AnnieBee Veteran Member Gold Member

I love the WNCB, but I agree about the richness. I typically cut the brownies into much smaller squares than the recipe says, and I put all of the rolos in the brownies to make this work, instead of putting some cut up ones on the top. So instead of cutting it 4 x 6 to get 24 huge pieces, I put them the rolos in rwos of 5 x 8 to get 40 squares. And they are still incredibly rich, but with WAY less calories. I honestly can't imagine cutting them as big as the recipe says to.

JMO!

Apr 3, 2009
  5. doughmama

doughmama Advanced Member Silver Member

tartlets - I made them and used half the amount of caramel on the bottom of each tartlet and added an additional apple to the recipe. more apple and less caramel tastes a lot better.

Apr 3, 2009
Have something to add?