• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Newbie's Review of a Couple of Recipes

The Warm Nutty Caramel Brownies are too sweet. Milk is necessary to make them taste good. The Taffy Carmel Tartlets are good. The pie crust helps break up the sweetness. I think I will try the recipe with my pie crust recipe next time. Thanks.
jj16
Gold Member
Okay here's my take on the Warm Nutty Carmel Brownies - Way too sweet. Definitely need milk and even then I would only do a 1x1 square or a bite.

Taffy Carmel Tartlets really good I think the pie crust helps break up the sweetness. Definitely let pie crusts get to room temperature first.

I'm thinking of trying it with my pie crust recipe next time since my brother-in-law brags on me all the time about my pie crusts. I make home made rasberry pies for him all the time.

Thanks

Judy

jj16 said:
I'm thinking of trying it with my pie crust recipe next time since my brother-in-law brags on me all the time about my pie crusts. I make home made rasberry pies for him all the time.

Thanks

Judy

Your own pie crust sounds good, but be careful, if you do it for a show, make sure the recipe is "doable" by the average cook.

See, I am the total opposite... I love the Warm Nutty Caramel Brownies (agreed they're really sweet, but ooohhhh :love: so good!). Not really crazy at all about the apple tartlet things. I've only made them once and have no desire to make again, yuck. :yuck: But that's just us! :rolleyes:

I love the WNCB, but I agree about the richness. I typically cut the brownies into much smaller squares than the recipe says, and I put all of the rolos in the brownies to make this work, instead of putting some cut up ones on the top. So instead of cutting it 4 x 6 to get 24 huge pieces, I put them the rolos in rwos of 5 x 8 to get 40 squares. And they are still incredibly rich, but with WAY less calories. I honestly can't imagine cutting them as big as the recipe says to.

JMO!

tartlets - I made them and used half the amount of caramel on the bottom of each tartlet and added an additional apple to the recipe. more apple and less caramel tastes a lot better.

1. What is "Newbie's Review of a Couple of Recipes"?

"Newbie's Review of a Couple of Recipes" is a blog series where I, a newcomer to Pampered Chef, share my honest thoughts and experiences while trying out a couple of recipes from our product line.

2. How often are new recipes featured in the "Newbie's Review" series?

New recipes are featured in the "Newbie's Review" series on a monthly basis. This allows for enough time to thoroughly test out and review each recipe.

3. Are the recipes in the "Newbie's Review" series beginner-friendly?

Yes, the recipes featured in the "Newbie's Review" series are specifically chosen to be beginner-friendly. As a newcomer myself, I understand the importance of starting off with simple and easy-to-follow recipes.

4. Can I suggest a recipe for the "Newbie's Review" series?

Absolutely! We love hearing suggestions from our customers. You can send your recipe suggestions through our website or social media channels, and we will consider them for future posts.

5. Will I need specific Pampered Chef products to make the recipes featured in the "Newbie's Review" series?

No, the recipes featured in the "Newbie's Review" series can be made with basic kitchen tools and equipment. However, we do recommend using Pampered Chef products for the best results, and we will provide alternatives for any specialized tools needed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
lt1jane
  • Lisa/ChefBear
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
smilesarepriceless
  • pamperedlinda