• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Newbie Questions (Lots of Them)

usually it takes about 30 days for the software to process the order, then it ships out. Thanks to all of you that post on here and put your ideas, letters, fliers out for others to use. It's one of the reasons that I decided to go for it and sign up. Thanks again! Erin
erigby
So I signed up today and paid for my kit, but now I have some questions, that I hope you all can help with.

1) How soon do I get access to the website to be able to look at the training, etc?
2) I've heard two theories on what you have to do in the first 30 days. One is that you have to have 4 shows (and $150 in sales qualifies as a show) and the other is that you have to have $1250 in sales.
3) When can you set up the web site?
4) When can you start doing the bridal registry and fundraisers?
5) How do you offer free shipping on your specials. I have seen this on some of the fliers that are posted here, but I'm not sure how to make it happen.

I have my Open House set for the 17th, and would appreciate any ideas that you might have. Do you suggest having some of the "gift packs" put together. I've seen fliers on here for things like the $99 DCB set, etc. Are these good things to have out so people can see them? Do you put out all of your tools and stuff so that people can see/handle them?

Also, thanks to all of you that post on here and put your ideas, letters, fliers out for others to use. It's one of the reasons that I decided to go for it and sign up.

Thanks again,
Erin

Last edited:
erigby said:
So I signed up today and paid for my kit, but now I have some questions, that I hope you all can help with.

1) How soon do I get access to the website to be able to look at the training, etc? Usually it takes about 48 hours for them to process your application. You will get an e-mail from corporate with your consultant # and password. You will be able to sign into consultant's corner immediately with that info.
2) I've heard two theories on what you have to do in the first 30 days. One is that you have to have 4 shows (and $150 in sales qualifies as a show) and the other is that you have to have $1250 in sales. It used to be 4 shows (of $150 or more) -or- $1,250 in sales. I've seen comments here that it changed a couple of months ago with the new career plan to $1,250 in sales, but I've not checked to confirm that. It's 7:20 PM here in Japan & my toddler is still up, so I do not have the time to go research it for you right now. Sorry! When you obtain access to Consultant's Corner, you will be able to look at the Policy & Procedures to verify.
3) When can you set up the web site? I waited until I was qualified & got the free 90 days to try it out. Some people like to purchase it up front, then once they qualify they get the 90 days tacked on to their subscription. It's up to you how you want to do it.
4) When can you start doing the bridal registry and fundraisers? I'm pretty sure you have to wait until you are qualified, but again ... once you get access to the Policy & Procedures, you can read the current rules & regulations on that.
5) How do you offer free shipping on your specials. I have seen this on some of the fliers that are posted here, but I'm not sure how to make it happen. Once you download the software you may understand this part better ... you can put in multiple payments for each guest. You would just put in what they are paying as a check, cash or credit card & then put the shipping amount as "consultant gift", that way you can look back at the end of the year & see how much you gave away to make what you did.

I have my Open House set for the 17th, and would appreciate any ideas that you might have. Do you suggest having some of the "gift packs" put together. I've seen fliers on here for things like the $99 DCB set, etc. Are these good things to have out so people can see them? Do you put out all of your tools and stuff so that people can see/handle them? It's up to you if you want to offer any specials above & beyond the current Pampered Chef offers. Just remember that anything you offer at a "discount", you have to pay Pampered Chef for up front. Then wait on your commission check to get reimbursed. And yes, I would put out EVERYTHING that you have and let the guests feel and touch it. Hands on goes a LONG way.

Also, thanks to all of you that post on here and put your ideas, letters, fliers out for others to use. It's one of the reasons that I decided to go for it and sign up.

Thanks again,
Erin

Hope that helps! ;)

You don't HAVE to do anything in your first 30 days. You can qualify at your own pace... However... to 'qualify' and be an 'official' consultant, you need to submit $1250 in sales. Also, I always think of it like this, the more you do in the beginning then the more comfortable you will be in your new job. So, if you can get 4 - 6 shows done in your first 30 days, it will give you great on-the-job training. Say you got a job at starbucks and you tell them you can work one night this week, can't work again for 3 weeks, then 2 weeks after that. .... well, they might schedule that way (haha) but it will be like your first day over and over again. If you go in repeatedly you get the hang of it easier. PC is kinda the same way.

Also, you get more PC$ if you submit more in your first 30 days. So, more commission, more free products, maybe a signing bonus of some sort (don't know when you signed) if you submit $1250 in the first 30.... totally worth it!!

Good luck and welcome to PC!!!!

JMO - but I would concentrate on learning the basics before offering free shipping, special discounted bundles, etc.

You will have your hands full just getting comfortable doing shows, figuring guest totals, figuring host benefits and entering and submitting shows through P3 that adding bundles and free shipping might just make it way more complicated than you need it to be when you are starting out.

It will be up to you on how much you want to offer FREE. Just know that once you start, people may start expecting it...

That is great that you are having an open house - Good luck! :)

Charity's right that you have 90 days to qualify. Sorry, like I said my toddler was running around. I didn't catch that you had asked about it being in the first 30 days. Sorry! ;) Any "goals" that you complete in your first 90 days earns you Pampered Chef Dollars. But as Charity said, any of the "goals" that you complete in your first 30 days means BONUS Pampered Chef Dollars. So start with a BANG if you can and it will get you on the right track to a successful business! :D

One point I want to add. You will get a lot of great help here, but I really encourage you to ask your recruiter these questions. They need to be training and/or learn to train you. Also, read the policies and procedures as soon as you have access to consultant's corner. That will answer a ton of questions. There are a lot of great online training courses there too! Take them. :)

Hi Erin - I signed up the day before you & live in WA too. :)
GOOD LUCK!!!

1. How do I become a consultant for Pampered Chef?

To become a consultant for Pampered Chef, you can sign up on our website or contact a current consultant to join their team. There is a small fee to get started, but we provide all the necessary tools and training to help you succeed.

2. What are the benefits of being a Pampered Chef consultant?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, you have the opportunity to earn a flexible income, receive discounts on products, and join a supportive community of consultants. You also have the freedom to set your own schedule and work from home.

3. How do I host a Pampered Chef party?

To host a Pampered Chef party, you can either contact a consultant or sign up to host a virtual party on our website. As a host, you can earn free products and discounts based on the sales from your party.

4. What kind of products does Pampered Chef offer?

Pampered Chef offers a wide range of high-quality kitchen and cooking products, including cookware, bakeware, kitchen tools, and food items. We also offer seasonal and limited edition products throughout the year.

5. Can I order Pampered Chef products online?

Yes, you can order Pampered Chef products online through our website or through a consultant's personal website. You can also attend virtual parties or host your own to purchase products and support a consultant.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• bgupton
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • SamanthaNicole
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • vtolin