• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Avoid Newbie Mistakes: Sending E-vites with Correct Host Name

In summary, when you send an e-vite from your personal website, the return email address is put as your name, not the hosts name. This was not aware of and resulted in a few people not recognizing the host's name. Fortunately, it has not impacted too many people. HO has a how to guide that could be helpful for hosts.
esavvymom
Staff member
Ok. So I just realized that when I send evites for my host, if I send them from my PWS section where I set up the shows, etc....it puts the return email address as MY name, not the hosts.

I didn't realize that I need to log-in as the Host through my PWS and then send them that way- so it has HER name on it! *DOH!*

Fortunately, it hasn't impacted me TOO bad...a few people didn't recognize my name so they ignored it.

WHOOPSIE! Thought I'd post this- in case someone else out there was like me and walking around blind and dumb! :D

I did that my first time too, luckily I sent myself a test email before I sent everyones. That is a good lesson to share w/ those not familiar w/ the evites!

Thank you for posting your lesson learned. I am just in the process of helping a host get her e-vites out, and had offered to do that for her.

I NEED HELP! I customized an e-vite for my hostess. I want to be sure she can access it, and use it rather than the PC formated invite. I'm going to play with the website, as if I was her, and then write down the steps for her to follow.
How I wish PC had a "HOW TO" place for us to copy and send our hostess', on how to
use our personal web sites to send e-vites. I need that information in front of me to
be able to do it correctly, and not by guess and by golly. Can someone spell it out in
a few simple steps for me?

I ended up calling HO, and a nice Tech walked me through what I needed at that point in time. It involved highlighting, copy, and paste to put the custom message in the
box for additional comments. However, I learned that the "canned invite" cannot be deleted, so the letter is confusing, and can give the person receiving it, mixed information. Then, rather than their having the option to place an order, their only response is to say they will attend or will not attend.

I also wanted to print out the guest list but the program will not let me do that because the hostess only entered the e-mail addresses. There is no option to be able to print that list out, unfortunately.

If HO reads our chefsuccess site, I hope they will address these issues. Or, if any of those reading this thread have an "IN" please pass along these shortcomings on PWS.
Perhaps, one of you attending NC, will talk with the TECHs and make these suggestions.

EEEK.....perfect timing with the post! Thanks. I just sent out invites, for the first time, a couple of days ago.....went back and resent all the invites....party is Saturday!

Thank you!

OMG- I never knew that! Thanks for sharing!

1. What is a "Newbie Mistake W/E-Vite"?

A "Newbie Mistake W/E-Vite" is an e-invitation sent out by a new consultant with Pampered Chef. It is a common mistake made by those who are new to our company and are not yet familiar with our policies and procedures for sending out e-invitations.

2. How do I avoid making a "Newbie Mistake W/E-Vite"?

To avoid making a "Newbie Mistake W/E-Vite", make sure to read and understand our e-invitation guidelines before sending out any invitations. Also, reach out to your mentor or a more experienced consultant for guidance if you are unsure about the process.

3. What are the consequences of making a "Newbie Mistake W/E-Vite"?

The consequences of making a "Newbie Mistake W/E-Vite" may include having your invitation rejected or marked as spam by recipients, which can damage your reputation and credibility as a consultant. You may also face disciplinary action from Pampered Chef if the mistake is severe enough.

4. Can I still use my personal email for "Newbie Mistake W/E-Vites"?

Yes, you can use your personal email for "Newbie Mistake W/E-Vites" as long as you follow our guidelines and make sure to include your Pampered Chef consultant information in the email. However, it is recommended to use a separate email for business purposes to avoid any confusion or mistakes.

5. Are there any resources available to help me avoid making a "Newbie Mistake W/E-Vite"?

Yes, Pampered Chef provides training and resources for new consultants to learn about our e-invitation guidelines and best practices. You can also reach out to your mentor or the Pampered Chef support team for assistance if needed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• FFBearPChef
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
FFBearPChef
  • sarahsworld2000
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • smilesarepriceless