• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Newbie Launch Party: Tips and Ideas for a Successful First Party

I would not offer alcohol at the party. I think it defeats the purpose of having a party. If someone brings a child, they may not appreciate that being in the environment. You should offer door handles and recipe cards as gifts to those who attend the party.
musicalglow
Hi! I'm new to PC - actually I am signing my contract on Oct. 30th. I have my Launch party on 11/14/2009 and I'm guessing there's probably going to be around 10-15 people attending.

What is a typical Launch party format be? Introduce eachother? Play a game? I do a cooking demonstration? Or should I have food prepared ahead of time? What worked best for you? And if you had to do over, what would you do now at your own Launch party?

Also - what is your "oooo and ahhh" recipes and your favorite tools you like to demonstrate?

I am very eager and I cannot wait to start! This website is so awesome and the people are so supportive of eachother! I can't wait to be part of this awesome community!!!

I guess it depends on how many products you already own. Will the kit be your first PC products or do you already have the whole catalog in your kitchen? If you already have many of the products, you could do the interactive show with 2-3 recipes (depending on the number of guests) and let THEM play with the tools & do the recipes. That works WONDERFULLY well for me. Everybody likes to be able to actually have their hands in there doing the demo. I tell them if they can't go home & repeat it, then what was the point of attending the show??? They all agree. At the end of my shows I ask people if they feel like they could go home & do the recipe again & they all agree that they could. At a sit down demo, they can't say that. They often feel like the recipe is too complicated for them to do THAT presentation at home for friends/family. ;)If you'll only have the new consultant kit, then you'll be limited to one recipe. I don't do the "sit down & watch me" demos at all, but I'm sure that other consultants here could give you some great ideas for how to keep the crowd entertained and paying attention. And CONGRATULATIONS on your new business!!! :D

Thanks! I will only have the $155 starter kit. I never thought about having my guests help me. If I can only make one recipe - I guess I better make sure that I have food made ahead of time so my guests won't go hungry. What do you think about offering alcohol at the party - do guests usually expect that? I went and bought a bunch of $.40 to $1.00 little door handles, recipe cards, and memo pads and Michael's to give away as gifts for those who bring a friend. I can't wait to start especially with so many creative ideas from the amazing people in this forum! So now I have 3 cooking shows booked and one launch party. I gave myself two weeks to read up all information and attend all of the online training.
I actually design online training classes at my full-time job so hopefully I'll be able to pick up this stuff rather quickly! Thanks for your support Sheila! My brother just joined the Air Force ROTC and he said he's 90% sure that he'll be spending 4 years in Okinawa, Japan after he graduates college. Do you get a lot of exposure to the Japanese culture? He's learning Japanese now to prepare himself.

I would not offer alcohol. If someone brings a child they may not appreciate that being in the environment.You are giving away door handles???? That's a new one to me! LOLIn reference to Okinawa, yes! You can get LOTS of exposure to the Japanese culture here. Your brother will be blown away by the excellent level of customer service here. I've NEVER seen anything in the states that compares. The Japanese are very polite and helpful.Some people come over here & stay on the base 24/7. I think that defeats the whole point of living overseas. The object is to get out & about. See the area, shop in the local stores, go diving, etc. The more your brother explores, the more he will enjoy his tour here. Many people come kicking and screaming (my husband included) but then find that they LOVE it here & do not want to leave (my husband included). If they would let us stay here, we would. Since we have to leave, we've asked for mainland Japan next. We have a verbal okay, but are waiting to get it in writing. Many of the Japanese speak English, but not all of them. So having a general knowledge of the language really helps. Otherwise, going out & about can be super frustrating to not be able to ask for assistance. You should start planning now! Save money, get your passport, etc. so that you can come and visit him while he's here!!! :D

I would run it as a typical Cooking Show. Do a demo (tell them you're "practicing" on them!), do the drawing slips, do everything like you would at a regular show. Tell your friends/family that they're helping you start your business off on the right foot by being a fun and lively group that makes you feel comfortable during your first show. Once you get that out of the way, you'll never have to have a 'first show' again! :) And, they'll want to book shows with you after they see how fun it is. For the host specials - you can either take them yourself (and boost your "kit"), or use the drawing slips to draw the winners of the host benefits (someone wins a half-off item, someone wins 10% off for a year, etc.). HTH!

Haha...I guess door handles does sound WEIRD...I meant door hangers...ones with fun phrases...like "I'm busy"... A bunch of really random stuff. Cathy - Thanks for your suggestions and encouragement! How do you let people win half-off item? I'm not sure what the drawing slips are - are they made by Pampered Chef specifically for the purpose of giving discounts? or 10% off for a year...Since you live in the Philly Suburbs - where do you go to have your cluster meetings? My director lives in Charlotte, NC, she said I would have to go to one of the local hospitality training available. Are you familiar with this side of town? I live in Delaware County-Aston. Thanks!!!

I agree with Cathy. Hold your party like you would any other party and make a simple recipe. Have some finger food all ready - veggies and dip, some cheese and crackers, etc. And a little dessert. The drawing slips should have come in your kit - white pad of slips for guests to fill out name, address, if they are interested in hosting party, being consultant, fundraisers, etc.you could raffle off the host specials to your guests - depending on how big the party is, you will get a few half off items but since this is your first show, you may want to keep most things for yourself so you can add to your own selection.and about your question on alcohol. most of my hosts serve alcohol. depends on your crowd. the parties that I have are not where people bring children. they usually are able to leave them home so they can have a night out to unwind with some friends.

I think the michael's gift s are great!!! i went and got the recipe cards and boxes when they were on sale for .50 each. heck of a deal. and my hosts love them!!! Also, i just did chips and salsa and drinks at my GO. If you make too much stuff the guests think hosting a show can be stressful. make it look as easy as possible. do u know which recipe you ill use yet.... do u have the DCB?

What is a DCB? I don't know what I'm going to make....do you guys have any suggestions w/ the $155 start kit tools??

The DCB is Deep Covered Baker and if you can borrow one from your Director or maybe whomever recruited you, it would be great if you could make the Loaded baked Potato Chowder in that a head of time. When I did my launch party it was a brunch theme and I made the California Club Pizza but you could make the Ham and Cheese Calzone (easy and you use the tools you have in your starter kit) and I used the deluxe mini muffin pan to make the Taffy Apple Tartlets (my guests helped make this and they had a blast and loved the recipe). One of the main objectives of your launch party is to sell the tools you use to make each of those recipes. When your guests see how easy and tasty the food is you and they created, they are more apt to purchase those same products. Good Luck and welcome to Pampered Chef!

This is what I did for my launch party since I had nothing to give away as door prizes. I chose 6 low cost items from the catalog (example: mini- serving spatula, Twixit! clip combo pack, mini-whipper, Quikut paring knives set, flour/sugar shaker, choice of oil dipping seasoning or any rub) cut the pictures out of the catalog and had them laying on the coffee table and the two winners of the game we played got to choose one product and when I wrote out their order, I simply wrote at the bottom FREE Gift from Consultant and what it was that they chose. When I got to choose my free products for that show I made sure I ordered those items my guests chose.

musicalglow said:
Cathy - Thanks for your suggestions and encouragement! How do you let people win half-off item? I'm not sure what the drawing slips are - are they made by Pampered Chef specifically for the purpose of giving discounts? or 10% off for a year...

Since you live in the Philly Suburbs - where do you go to have your cluster meetings? My director lives in Charlotte, NC, she said I would have to go to one of the local hospitality training available. Are you familiar with this side of town? I live in Delaware County-Aston.

Thanks!!!

You enter one person as the "host" for the show (the one who wins the 10% off for the year) and have it all shipped to yourself. Then you have to figure out manually how much to charge everyone else who you give out the rest of the host benefits to. I just use the drawing slips, put them in a bowl, then say "This is for the November Host Special", "This is for a half-priced item", etc.

I'm the last of my cluster left in the area. I was going to a meeting in Horsham in the spring (a Hospitality Director that my Exec. from Michigan found for me), but she flaked out and never emailed or called me again after the meeting I attended in May. I would have your director call Home Office and find a Hospitality Director for you in your area. I'm from Del. Co. (grew up in Springfield), but live in Mont. Co. now (near Plymouth Meeting). Good luck!

cathyskitchen said:
You enter one person as the "host" for the show (the one who wins the 10% off for the year) and have it all shipped to yourself. Then you have to figure out manually how much to charge everyone else who you give out the rest of the host benefits to. I just use the drawing slips, put them in a bowl, then say "This is for the November Host Special", "This is for a half-priced item", etc.

I'm the last of my cluster left in the area. I was going to a meeting in Horsham in the spring (a Hospitality Director that my Exec. from Michigan found for me), but she flaked out and never emailed or called me again after the meeting I attended in May. I would have your director call Home Office and find a Hospitality Director for you in your area. I'm from Del. Co. (grew up in Springfield), but live in Mont. Co. now (near Plymouth Meeting). Good luck!

Oh wow! I hope she didn't flaked out b/c your director isn't in the area...do you go to any regular meetings for Pampered Chef? My director is fantastic...she used to be my boss when I was an intern in college...she does a recognition meeting for her people.

musicalglow said:
Hi! I'm new to PC - actually I am signing my contract on Oct. 30th. I have my Launch party on 11/14/2009 and I'm guessing there's probably going to be around 10-15 people attending.

What is a typical Launch party format be? Introduce eachother? Play a game? I do a cooking demonstration? Or should I have food prepared ahead of time? What worked best for you? And if you had to do over, what would you do now at your own Launch party?

Also - what is your "oooo and ahhh" recipes and your favorite tools you like to demonstrate?

I am very eager and I cannot wait to start! This website is so awesome and the people are so supportive of eachother! I can't wait to be part of this awesome community!!!

Hello Newbie, I know what really helped me is I signed my consultant agreement the end of February, my kit arrived about the 4th of March and I had my kick off party on the 7th. The person who recruited me held a show for me at my house. That was my kick off. She got the commission and I got the bookings. This way you hit the ground running and have a greater chance to get your Bookings and $1250 in the first 30 days. By having your kick off show on the 14th you are all ready going to be about 10 days into your 30. Hope this helps.
Nancy

For my last recruit I did the show for her and she really got a lot from it. I also had her submit the show. This is what our cluster is doing. She was the host and the consultant as far as HO is concerned but I did the demo. It got her off to a really good start. Maybe see if your recruiter can do the same for you.

musicalglow said:
Oh wow! I hope she didn't flaked out b/c your director isn't in the area...do you go to any regular meetings for Pampered Chef? My director is fantastic...she used to be my boss when I was an intern in college...she does a recognition meeting for her people.

I just think she was a flake, period. Turns out, she only did that one meeting herself (and it was at someone else's house), and decided to just continue going to her upline's meetings. Her upline is an Exec. Director in the area who I don't really care for (we had some run-ins with her at a baby expo one year and she was really mean to the girl who was my director at the time), so I'm not interested in going to her meetings. My director quit the business after getting a big promotion at her FT job over a year ago, so I don't attend meetings anymore. I tried to do them myself when I had a team (and was basically a Team Leader), but I got super busy at my FT job and haven't had the chance (most of them are inactive now, too). Oh, well. I don't really need meetings at this point anyway - I've done this for 6+ years. I was just trying to find someone for the rest of my team to go to if they wanted a meeting, since I couldn't do them anymore.

musicalglow said:
What is a DCB? I don't know what I'm going to make....do you guys have any suggestions w/ the $155 start kit tools??

I'm also a newbie. I've had 2 cooking shows and 1 catalog show. My cooking shows sold $902 and $570 and the catalog $169.

At both cooking shows I made the Three Cheese Garden Pizza from the cards that came with the kit. It's easy and impressive to make, it showcases most of the tools and everyone loves pizza! So it's a winner in my book!

Good Luck! It sounds to me like no one will need to tell you to have fun! :chef:

newgeorgiagirl said:
I'm also a newbie. I've had 2 cooking shows and 1 catalog show. My cooking shows sold $902 and $570 and the catalog $169.

At both cooking shows I made the Three Cheese Garden Pizza from the cards that came with the kit. It's easy and impressive to make, it showcases most of the tools and everyone loves pizza! So it's a winner in my book!

Good Luck! It sounds to me like no one will need to tell you to have fun! :chef:

Thanks! That's very encouraging! Did you do all of the cooking or did you have your guests help you?

nancyk325 said:
Hello Newbie, I know what really helped me is I signed my consultant agreement the end of February, my kit arrived about the 4th of March and I had my kick off party on the 7th. The person who recruited me held a show for me at my house. That was my kick off. She got the commission and I got the bookings. This way you hit the ground running and have a greater chance to get your Bookings and $1250 in the first 30 days. By having your kick off show on the 14th you are all ready going to be about 10 days into your 30. Hope this helps.
Nancy

I wish I could do that but my recruiter lives 5 states away from me and the reason why I chose the 14th is because I want to be really prepared and make sure I get my supplies on time and have time to practice and read thru all of the training materials. So far, I have 12 Yes and 3 maybe's for my Launch Party and I know all of them so hopefully they'll book a show w/ me. I have 3 people who said no but they said they'll take a catalog. I'm doing a cooking show on Nov. 21st. My mom and ex-co-worker are doing a catalog show for me so hopefully I'll get enough orders in within 30 days! I will try my hardest! :)

So excited!! I can't wait til i get my hands on everything!!! :D

Just had my first launch party this past weekend and had $1,003 in sales!!!!!!

Nice! Congrats! :D

What is a Newbie - Launch Party?

A Newbie - Launch Party is an event hosted by a new Pampered Chef consultant to introduce their friends, family, and acquaintances to the products and business opportunity offered by Pampered Chef. It is a fun and casual way to kickstart their business and gain support from their network.

Do I need to purchase products at the Newbie - Launch Party?

No, there is no obligation to purchase products at the Newbie - Launch Party. However, it is a great opportunity to see and try out the products and potentially place an order if you find something you love.

What can I expect at a Newbie - Launch Party?

A Newbie - Launch Party typically includes a cooking demonstration using Pampered Chef products, as well as information about the consultant's journey and the benefits of hosting a Pampered Chef party. There may also be games, prizes, and discounts available for attendees.

Can I host a Newbie - Launch Party?

Yes, anyone can host a Newbie - Launch Party! It's a great way to support a new consultant and have a fun gathering with friends. If you are interested in hosting, please reach out to the consultant directly.

How do I become a consultant after attending a Newbie - Launch Party?

If you are interested in becoming a Pampered Chef consultant after attending a Newbie - Launch Party, you can speak to the consultant about signing up or contact our customer service team for more information. They will guide you through the process and answer any questions you may have.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• simms148
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
PamperedinConshy
  • sperts
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • Anna Carncross