1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Newbie Here Help!!

1. I just signed up.. I'm so excited. My daughter is 13 and is a wonderful baker. I am a good cook .Together we hope to do well and have fun.. My husband does not have faith in me as I have not done so well in other sales. ( I am in the car business) I love to cook and in this time of age I'm hoping to do well. Any advice?
    Thanks so much!

Mar 31, 2009
  2. c00p

c00p Veteran Member Gold Member

I honestly do NOT consider this a business in sales - not at all. It's a relationship business and we help others. Everyone cooks. Everyone wants to enjoy cooking (or at least not despise it!!!) and to enjoy the products they have. Personally, the product sells itself. All I do is go to the show, have a lot of fun showing off great products, laugh at myself and enjoy great company!!
    Don't take yourself too seriously and just have fun - and ask EVERYONE to host and to join the business!

Mar 31, 2009
  3. rbvernon

rbvernon Member Silver Member

Have fun with it. My husband was the same way until he saw that I was really making money with out having to work to much. Keep faith and he will come around.

Good luck.

Apr 1, 2009
  4. raebates

raebates Legend Member Staff Member

Welcome and best wishes on your new business. My husband, affectionately known far and wide as The Furry Guy, was skeptical at first, too. He's now my biggest cheerleader.

Apr 1, 2009
  5. cookingwith_tara

cookingwith_tara Advanced Member

Welcome to PC and CS!

6. Thanks so much all of you have great idea's I only hope I can do as well as all of you !!Any ideas's what might help me, I dont have family and most my friends are broke.

Apr 1, 2009
  7. JAE

JAE Legacy Member

Ask everyone at your first four shows if they'd like to have a show. When they are checking out, speak to each one, personally. Talk about the products they are purchasing, ask them if they had fun, then ask them if they'd like to get a group of their own friends together and have a show. Don't forget to ask each person if they'd like information about becoming a consultant, too.

Coach your hosts to get all contact info (address, phone number and e-mail would be nice, too) from each outside order. If she doesn't give it to you with the order ask her for it. She can look it up. Tell the host it's your responsibility (you the consultant) to tell each of them about the product guarantees and make sure they are happy with the product. Call all of the outside orderers do just that and ask them if they'd like to have a show.

Hope that helps (HTH).

Apr 1, 2009
  8. tsmit7

tsmit7

Hi Jae,

I loved your reply. I think that is an area I need to focus on. I am new to PC and it seems so many of my contacts do not have an email or addy or phone #. I love the line about it being my job to inform.... Nice idea.
    Thanks
    Buffy

Apr 17, 2009
Have something to add?