• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Newbie Going to Conference: Any Tips for First-Timers?

In summary, Becky recommends arriving the day before the conference in order to get settled and to meet people from other waves. She also recommends walking the Magnificent Mile and checking out all the stores. There are so many amazing restaurants to fit any budget and it is always relaxing to go for a dip in the hotel pool. Finally, Becky recommends visiting http://www.explorechicago.org/city/en.html to learn more about Chicago.
jj16
Gold Member
Hi All! Hoping to get some insight from some of you who have been to conference before so I know how to plan. I'm not sure I understand correctly.

On the first day is there time for newbies to do the tour, etc.? Is there any reason I would want to get there early on Sunday (7/12) to have time to do anything? Is there any benefit to staying the remainder on the last day (7/15)? If I know the answers to these 2 questions then I may be able to better schedule the flight. Any other insights you may have for conference for me would be greatly appreciated (i.e. you don't want to miss _ _ _ or make sure you go to _ _ _). Thanks again for all your help and support.

Judy

I like to arrive the day before in order to get settled and sometimes to meet people from other waves.. There isn't anything at PC HQ you can do on that day, but it will make your first day less hectic for you. In the past I think you've been able to do the tour after the last session. Could be wrong on that, though. Otherwise, there's no real reason to stay unless you're hoping to meet some of the Cheffers who are part of the next Wave.

Lots of people go early so that they have some time to see Chicago, too. Conference days are pretty full, so if you want to do any sight-seeing, give yourself some additional time. You'll also want to go early if you're traveling with your Director. Directors have training in the morning of Day 1, so it's easiest for them to arrive the day before. Especially because there's no guarantee that the hotels will let them check in on the morning of Day 1 (check-in times are usually around 3:00).

This will mark my 3rd year in a row going to conference.. It is also the 1st time that I am arriving on the 13th and leaving the 15th.. such a bummer!!!!!

I highly recommend coming a day early and even leaving a day late!!
There is soooooo much to do in Chicago!!
I recommend walking the Magnificent Mile and checking out all the stores!! WITH A FRIEND of course..

Also Navy Pier is sooooo much fun and walking distance from the Sheraton!!!!

There are so many amazing restaurants to fit any budget!!!!!!!

AND it is always so relaxing to go for a dip in the hotel pool!!!!

check out http://www.explorechicago.org/city/en.html

Hope this helps!!
~Becky

Becky - would that friend need to be named VISA or MASTERCARD by chance??!! It is so much fun. You can go into Tiffanies, and what the heck is that high end department store where you can order airplanes? And the clothing stores!!! I mean if you come without clothes - you can find anything and everything from low end to WAY OUT OF REACH end!

Becky....you don't like Chicago one bit do you? Couldn't tell from all the exclamation points (!!!!) you used. ;)

It's my favorite city and I live 15 minutes north of Boston!!!

1. What is the purpose of attending the Pampered Chef conference as a newbie?

Attending the conference as a newbie is a great opportunity to learn about the company, products, and business strategies. It will also give you a chance to network with other consultants and gain valuable tips and insights on how to grow your business.

2. How do I register for the conference?

You can register for the conference by logging into your Pampered Chef account and clicking on the conference registration link. You will need to provide your personal information and payment details to complete the registration process.

3. What is the cost of attending the conference?

The cost of attending the conference varies depending on the location and the package you choose. You can find the updated pricing information on the conference registration page.

4. Can I bring a guest to the conference?

Yes, you can bring a guest to the conference. However, they will need to purchase a separate guest ticket. This ticket will give them access to all non-business sessions and events.

5. What should I expect at the conference as a newbie?

As a newbie, you can expect to attend various training sessions, workshops, and networking events. You will also have the opportunity to meet and learn from successful consultants and leaders in the company. It will be a fun and informative experience that will help you kickstart your Pampered Chef journey.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kittychef
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
kittychef
  • PCLaurel
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
Shawnna
  • raebates