1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Newbie going to Conference

1. jj16

jj16 Member Gold Member

Hi All! Hoping to get some insight from some of you who have been to conference before so I know how to plan. I'm not sure I understand correctly.

On the first day is there time for newbies to do the tour, etc.? Is there any reason I would want to get there early on Sunday (7/12) to have time to do anything? Is there any benefit to staying the remainder on the last day (7/15)? If I know the answers to these 2 questions then I may be able to better schedule the flight. Any other insights you may have for conference for me would be greatly appreciated (i.e. you don't want to miss _ _ _ or make sure you go to _ _ _). Thanks again for all your help and support.

Judy

Mar 19, 2009
  2. raebates

raebates Legend Member Staff Member

I like to arrive the day before in order to get settled and sometimes to meet people from other waves.. There isn't anything at PC HQ you can do on that day, but it will make your first day less hectic for you.

In the past I think you've been able to do the tour after the last session. Could be wrong on that, though. Otherwise, there's no real reason to stay unless you're hoping to meet some of the Cheffers who are part of the next Wave.

Mar 19, 2009
  3. chefann

chefann Legend Member Gold Member

Lots of people go early so that they have some time to see Chicago, too. Conference days are pretty full, so if you want to do any sight-seeing, give yourself some additional time.

You'll also want to go early if you're traveling with your Director. Directors have training in the morning of Day 1, so it's easiest for them to arrive the day before. Especially because there's no guarantee that the hotels will let them check in on the morning of Day 1 (check-in times are usually around 3:00).

Mar 20, 2009
  4. rbergwrightchef

rbergwrightchef Novice Member Gold Member

This will mark my 3rd year in a row going to conference.. It is also the 1st time that I am arriving on the 13th and leaving the 15th.. such a bummer!!!!!

I highly recommend coming a day early and even leaving a day late!!
    There is soooooo much to do in Chicago!!
    I recommend walking the Magnificent Mile and checking out all the stores!! WITH A FRIEND of course..

Also Navy Pier is sooooo much fun and walking distance from the Sheraton!!!!

There are so many amazing restaurants to fit any budget!!!!!!!

AND it is always so relaxing to go for a dip in the hotel pool!!!!

check out Welcome to Explore Chicago | The City of Chicago's Official Tourism Site

Hope this helps!!
    ~Becky

5. pampered1224

pampered1224 Legacy Member Silver Member

Becky - would that friend need to be named VISA or MASTERCARD by chance??!! It is so much fun. You can go into Tiffanies, and what the heck is that high end department store where you can order airplanes? And the clothing stores!!! I mean if you come without clothes - you can find anything and everything from low end to WAY OUT OF REACH end!

Jun 16, 2009
  6. esavvymom

esavvymom Legend Member Staff Member

Becky....you don't like Chicago one bit do you? Couldn't tell from all the exclamation points (!!!!) you used. ;)

Jun 16, 2009
  7. rbergwrightchef

rbergwrightchef Novice Member Gold Member

It's my favorite city and I live 15 minutes north of Boston!!!

Have something to add?