1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Sales Newbie Advice

1. I just started in December and have my first show in a couple weeks. My first shows are with friends who have had them before with other "experienced" consultants. Do I try to make it fancy or just stick to the basics since they are my firsts?

I know that is a pretty easy question to answer but they keep mentioning that they did this or that at another party so I don't know if they are hinting to get me to do that extra stuff or what.

TIA!!!

Jan 2, 2010
  2. NooraK

NooraK Legend Member Gold Member

My first advice would be to stick to the basics until you can do them in your sleep, then add extras. Second, I would recommend that you talk to your friends one-on-one about what they thought. Ask them for candid feedback (and listen to it politely), and use that to determine what you should tweak.

Jan 2, 2010
  3. raebates

raebates Legend Member Staff Member

I'm with Noora. Another bit of advice I always give is to practice out loud. It plants the words in your brain in a different place when you hear them.

Jan 2, 2010
  4. lockhartkitchen

lockhartkitchen Senior Member

I used the flip cards they give you in the kit, for my first month of shows. I let people know I was new and it also shows those thinking about the business, that PC gives us so much training help.

Have something to add?