• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Understanding the New Website Policy: Tips for Monitoring Your Online Presence

In summary, the new website policy states that we should periodically police our own name on google, et al to make sure we aren't picked up by other companies. This means that if we do a search of our name, the first website that pops up is our website.
n8vtxn
I am a little confused about the new website policy put out yesterday. I understand about not creating better opportunities for yourself and they want to keep a level playing field. But the email also said that we should periodically police our own name on google, et al to make sure we aren't picked up by other companies. Does that mean we need to make sure Joe Smith Inc hasn't somehow linked his website to mine, or that Google doesn't have my name at the top of a search? Because I did do a search of my name and the first one it came up with was my website. (It also came up with the minutes for a group I no longer care to be associated with, but oh well.) My point is, do I need to let google know that I'm not allowed to have a search of my name to go to my website? And if that is the case - good luck with that! Or am I reading more into this than I should because I don't want to be in violation of anything?

Thanks,
Leesa

Just cancelled mine!!! I have only gotten 2 orders since I have had it and it is not worth all this trouble. I googled my name and my website popped up first. It has not helped my business at all! I have given the website to all my hosts and sent out emails inviting customers to visit it. Not a thing! So, I am done with my venture with the website. Big waste of money if you ask me. More power to you all that have had success with it. I wished it had worked better for me.

I've gotten alot of individual orders...but a good selling point was the "purchase $50 and receive the guest special" I am really upset they are doing away with this. :mad: I don't understand their reasoning...they should want to "help" us build our business....I mean they brought back individual ordering...why take away the guest special?

Fishing Without BaitWhat the pampered chef is trying to do is similar to renting you a fishing pole to go fishing with but not allowing you to put any bait on the line. Kind of stupid if you ask me.

If I were you I'd do one of two things 1) cancel the website account or 2) Link like crazy to the website and let them cancel it for you.

Seth

I would wait and be patient. This won't be the end of it. PC was totally caught off guard how the internet has effected them. PC will have to radically change their business model to some how include the internet because it's just to big of a market to blackball forever.

Last edited:
just thought of something...I think that also means we can't post our sites on this site, either! I am so not a fan of this new deal!

n8vtxn said:
I think that also means we can't post our sites on this site, either! I am so not a fan of this new deal!

See this:
http://www.chefsuccess.com/showthread.php?t=4667

We are enforcing the policy change because we don't want anyone here to get in trouble. Note that chefsuccess.com can't be held responsible and will always be safe from pampered chef, however we love you guys are would hate for anyone here to get in trouble using our system.

Admin Greg said:
I would wait and be patient. This wouldn't be the end of it. PC was totally caught off guard how the internet has effected them. PC will have to radically change their business model to some how include the internet necause it's just to big of a market to blackball forever.

I have to agree with this statement. TPC is still growing and learning as we all are. In time things will improve. I for one plan to keep my website and to use it to the best of my ability. The rules have always been that we couldn't post our links in this forum or any other public forum, so that part hasn't changed. TPC has reasons for these policies and I plan to follow them and be successful. There is no need to become upset or take it personally. Give them time. I'm sure they are feeling a backlash from this announcement. Maybe an eloquently stated response would help shed some light on this topic that HO had not thought of.

Holy cow....sorry this is so longI agree as well. I think all the kinks will get worked out over time and it was inevitable that some policies had to change because the internet is constantly exploding and changing. I'm still trying to get my head around all of this. For my two cents, I think there were lots of people working around the rules, both knowingly and unknowingly. I would think Executive Directors and above have to be pretty peeved about all of this because this seems to affect them pretty directly because now they can't advertise on the internet which had to be HUGE for them. I saw their ads ALL the time through Google ads everywhere, including this site. I also saw some people's from time to time who probably shouldn't have been advertising because they weren't at the appropriate level. Of course there still remains the question why some can advertise in this way and why some can't (based on level) and I'm not saying I agree with the way they had it set up. So maybe because there were so many complaints about this, they decided to ban it all together. Maybe it's just for the time being, who knows. They do obviously need to research this more and rework things.

I can see why there is more of a focus on Kitchen Shows (and other kinds of shows) because, after all, that is the whole basis for our company. I can't imagine that people were having SUCH success with individual online ordering that it would make up more than 50% of their sales throughout the year. But, maybe that's because it was only a small percentage of mine.

I do agree that not offering the "free product with $50 order" special to individual orderers seems strange. I guess it maybe goes along with the focus needing to be on shows and a little bonus for guests who place an order in that way. By the way, there IS a way to get around this new rule, so be sure to publicize this on your website and let your customers know. Although personally, I wouldn't highlight the new rule too much to your customers or potential customers since it does seem sort of unfair to those who aren't attending or invited to shows. If you do a catalog show each month in YOUR name as the host and set it up on your website, your "guests" can make a purchase through this show and still receive the free product with $50 purchase because it would be attached to a show. Of course, you'd have to have the minimum number of sales for it to count as a show, but you could always add it to an existing show if you needed to. From what I understand, the only way a customer WON'T get the free product is if they choose that "If you're not including your order with a show, click here to place an individual order" option. Just have a news item that shows up on your home page explaining how they should place an individual order if they'd like to take advantage of the guest special. Instruct them to enter your name as the host. Even if they don't include the free product on their order, when you enter it into PP, you can add it on there. I hope that makes sense.

I have a feeling there are going to be some announcements about websites at Leadership that don't have anything to do with these new policies. I was getting the feeling like they were somehow going to improve SOMETHING having to do with our websites. THey've made plenty of hints at some new things that are bound to help us build a stronger business or something to that effect. Even the email that just came out about these changes mentioned something that made me curious. They said "This also includes any electronic mail pieces that may be developed by our new licensed merchandise vendor" when they discussed some of the website guidelines. And since they're changing the licensed merchandise vendor, there could be an entirely new "electronic" component to this. I have NO clue what it would be, but maybe some people more into up and coming technology stuff would.

Maybe some announcements they'll make at Leadership will "make up for" the disappointment many of us have felt with these new rules. And the idea that they can police all of this does seem quite impossible. I did a search of my own name and a number of the posts I've made on this website came up. That happened automatically just because I've posted things here. And a few sections of my website came up, but I have no idea why. Those kinds of things can't be avoided and I just hope it doesn't affect the future of this site!!! As long as our websites aren't listed in our profiles or signatures on posts on this site, it sounds like we're all in compliance.

Well, sorry this is so long. I wanted to throw my two cents in. Although I'm not happy about some of the changes, they must have more reasoning behind it that they're not letting us be a part of. Hopefully with some time, they will sort through this and provide us with the best support possible.

This is all a little confusing. How can we periodically police google? All our sites are google-able. I have got a complete listing of every site that links to the .biz thing off google. Anyone can if you know which buttons to push and what words to type in. I can totally understand not letting us put paid links on websites, and not letting us set up online stores etc. That part I get. But how can we "police" google. I have an old website for a school I operate that is no longer even online- and hasnt been for years- but those links STILL show up on a google search. How can you prevent or police things like that??? And how will THEY police it? We all know they can't keep up with the PC stores that are on ebay that we all know darn well are operated by consultants. Its all very confusing.

Alison

I Am So Excited!I see some negative comments regarding the policy, but I am so excited! I have seen many exec's and above have over $30,000 :eek: in sales in one month because of the internet! How can anyone compete with that for Circle of Honor in Sales and such? :mad:

I have also seen my Home Office Leads drop to almost nothing! I know the Home Office leads will be up again once everyone is in compliance. Seems that the Pampered Chef will be very serious about inforcing the new rules, which is awesome.

I am a little dissappointed with the no free product for online orders, but most of my online orders are connected to a show, so they will still get the free product! I don't get many orders where people just go online and order.

Smiling in WYOMING!! :D

fruit76loop said:
I see some negative comments regarding the policy, but I am so excited! I have seen many exec's and above have over $30,000 :eek: in sales in one month because of the internet! How can anyone compete with that for Circle of Honor in Sales and such? :mad:

I have also seen my Home Office Leads drop to almost nothing! I know the Home Office leads will be up again once everyone is in compliance. Seems that the Pampered Chef will be very serious about inforcing the new rules, which is awesome.

I am a little dissappointed with the no free product for online orders, but most of my online orders are connected to a show, so they will still get the free product! I don't get many orders where people just go online and order.

Smiling in WYOMING!! :D
Wow, some of them have had THAT much in sales just from the internet? Well, that sure shines some light on this!!! I'm very excited for the expected increase in the home office leads myself. Being a new director, that is one of the perks I've been most looking forward to. I'm hoping that in the new year I'll get to see several come my way. That was the one part of the new policy that I was most excited to see too! :)

Becky,

I know you will be amazed when you get your KCN for the Exec's and above sales! I almost killed over when I get my Monday Motivation from Chris Manion and saw one of her Executive Director's with over $30,000! What a paycheck for the holidays!! :D That would be $9000 just one personal sales not including any downline sales! Oh my gosh!! :D

Smiles,

If I read the email correctly, we can use our website signature. Please correct me if I'm wrong - I'm new at the whole website thing. I got one so my hostess can send out e-invites and stuff like that. I only have it for 6 months, so if I don't see any results, I will let it go.

Boomer Sooner,
Shannon Overstreet

Sooner PC said:
If I read the email correctly, we can use our website signature. Please correct me if I'm wrong - I'm new at the whole website thing. I got one so my hostess can send out e-invites and stuff like that. I only have it for 6 months, so if I don't see any results, I will let it go.

We are allowed to include our website in signatures on emails to our customers, hostesses, etc. Just not on public boards or websites on the net.

On another note, I did contact my director (who is a NSED) regarding the website coming up on a google search. She explained the policy is regarding paid ads or intentional links. So those of us who are not participating in anything like that are not in any violation. I personally am not going to waste time worrying about this anymore, and focus my efforts on my business.

Sherrie

PC doesn't care if your PC website comes up in search engine results. They just don't want you actively linking your site on other sites or actively advertising it. For example type in 'pampered chef' into google.com and look at the right side bar. Those are all advertising sites, sometimes you can find PC people there. I just found http://www.pamperedchef.biz/susankaufmann?page=home advertising

The ad looked like this:

The Pampered Chef Online
View Catalog & Ship Direct To You
High Quality Kitchen Products
pampered.home.att.net

Very misleading and PC wants to stop this kind of activity, they even masked their url. You'll also notice chefsuccess advertises, but we can get away with it because it's not under PC jurisdiction.

btw, someone might want to report that person who is advertising to PC

Admin Greg said:
PC doesn't care if your PC website comes up in search engine results. They just don't want you actively linking your site on other sites or actively advertising it. For example type in 'pampered chef' into google.com and look at the right side bar. Those are all advertising sites, sometimes you can find PC people there. I just found http://www.pamperedchef.biz/susankaufmann?page=home advertising

btw, someone might want to report that person who is advertising to PC
Susan Kaufmann is an upper level consultant (NSE) and she has the right to have that site (for now).

Not soThis policy is effective immediately. So no one has the right to advertise. Pampered Chef even stated that if Execs already paid for advertising in the future that they could be reimbursed through the Pampered Chef. February is when they will start enforcing the rule to allow time for those who have advertising to get rid of it!

I am also excited about the changes in the names of some individual's site names. Such as www.pamperedchef.biz/theonlinestore, www.pamperedchef.biz/kitchenshow or www.pamperedchef.biz/orderproducts. These names will not be allowed anymore! Yeah!! :D

Last edited:
This is why I decided not to get a website. There are too many inconsistencies in the policies. I do not have the time to police the web.

Ya know - you'd think that PC would be happy their products are selling, and not try so damn hard to stop that. The more products that PC sells, the more we ALL benefit (more products, more customers, cheaper prices) - what is all the damn fuss about.

I think they are acting like a bunch of old ladies with their panties in a twist.

Just my 2 cents. :)

Does the rule about no free product with $50 purchase apply just to online ordering or to regular kitchen shows also. Does this mean that if my hosts gets outside orders that are over $50 they will not get the free product?

I understand it to mean online orders ONLY. Any order attached to a kitchen or catalog show should be fine.

pamperedchristine said:
Ya know - you'd think that PC would be happy their products are selling, and not try so damn hard to stop that. The more products that PC sells, the more we ALL benefit (more products, more customers, cheaper prices) - what is all the damn fuss about.

I think they are acting like a bunch of old ladies with their panties in a twist.

Just my 2 cents. :)

The fuss is that if people can sell PC products on ebay and their websites then no one needs any offline shows and thus your out of a job ;)

I am happy to have a job!!Just remember everyone that Execs and above were most likely getting orders from your state and probably your town. The Pampered Chef wants to make sure that you have a job!! They don't want the internet sales hurting the core of the business- The Kitchen Show! I personally am relieved to hear the progress in this matter. It has been a huge concern in our cluster because of incentives and such. Can you compete with an Exec who has $30,000 in sales a month from online orders?

As far as online orders not getting the gift for a $50 order, yea that kinda stinks. But we haven't always had guest specials like these, so who's to say that they will stay that way every month? You never know what is going to happen at Leadership!

Be glad that the Pampered Chef is rethinking it's policies. They are only rethinking these policies after realizing that this is not the way they want the company to go! Just remember that the Pampered Chef could skip the middle man-the kitchen consultant-and sell directly to the public. They would make more $ not having to pay commissions! So just be happy for what the company stands for!

I was toldWhen I joined a couple of years ago, my director told me that the websites were very new and there was a lot of hoohaa over the sites. All levels of consultants were concerned with the very problems we are seeing now. Excessive sales on ebay, and the distinct possibility that internet sales will prevail and ruin our business -- the kitchen show.

PC guaranteed consultants that this would not happen and unlimited online ordering would never be the norm at PC. The kitchen show is the core business and it would remain that way.

Granted, this was all before me, but it seems to me PC is keeping their promise. We should all be grateful that they are looking out for our best interests.

It seems to me it is all about working hard and earning our business and not subscribing to what seems so common today - want it now, get it now, but do not earn or deserve it.

Props to PC for stepping up to the plate and starting the process of getting this problem, that will only continue to grow if nothing is done, corrected!

Just wanted to say that the main reason I cancelled was due to no orders. Since I was getting no orders it seemed silly for me to have to keep up with whether I was breaking any rules or not. I was just ready to wash my hands of it. But, wanna hear the "just my luck" part of it. 2hrs after I clicked the cancel button on my website I get a call from a customer who could not access my website. UGH!!!!!!!!! She wanted to place an order!!! Can't win :D I just had to laugh. I still would not want to keep the website for 1 order every 6 months. And as I said before, congrats to those of you who do really well with your website. That was my hopes but it just did not turn out that way.
Merry Christmas!!!!!

I am very new and just signed up for my website. Even with the new changes, I am very excited :D to have a professional and custom website to offer my clients and their guests. I am planning to utilize my website as a tool for my hostess and her guest. Not so much for outside individual orders. Also if someone se my web address on a brochurce/flyer from another host, they just might check out the sight.

Very UpsetI am very upset with this new policy. I have many proud family members who added a link to my website in support of my new venture. I have PAID to have my link added to a few websites, and I have made recipricol link agreements with other vendors whom I have worked with. I don't feel this is unfair! I have some business savvy and want to use the internet as a tool to drive leads my way. I want to be successful at this, as I am sure you all do. I love using my website for catalog shows, party orders, etc. I rarely see independant orders!!! However, I have gotten a few parties/bridal registries due to my advertising strategies. Why is this wrong?

Our websites are so "vanilla" as it is. Other than using our website to keep in touch with current clients, how can we drive traffic to our sites? I took courses at National about using our website to advertise and get new clients/business opportunities. Now that I have done many of these things (and more), I am going to be punished? Will PC reimburse me for what I have paid to add my link to other sites?

I just feel this is very unfair. I think PC should have thought of these things before they offered websites to their consultants. Now, I am out of a lot of money, support, creativity, and advertising space.

Just venting. I have my own attorney looking into the policies to see if they are justified. I will let you all know :D

Carrie from Georgia

Money BackIf I remember correctly, PC will reimburse you for any fees you have paid to other sites for including your link. You have to have a receipt, though. Best wishes!

FeesPC will only reimburse links paid for by executives and above. Any paid links were outside of the policy anyway and they will not reimburse for those.

Quote "On another note, I did contact my director (who is a NSED) regarding the website coming up on a google search. She explained the policy is regarding paid ads or intentional links. So those of us who are not participating in anything like that are not in any violation." Quote

If this is true, why did my director get in trouble because her name came up first in a google search? Hers was not a paid ad but Home Office didn't believe her.

Bev

Individual Orders not getting the Guest Special....
pamperedbecky said:
By the way, there IS a way to get around this new rule, so be sure to publicize this on your website and let your customers know. Although personally, I wouldn't highlight the new rule too much to your customers or potential customers since it does seem sort of unfair to those who aren't attending or invited to shows. If you do a catalog show each month in YOUR name as the host and set it up on your website, your "guests" can make a purchase through this show and still receive the free product with $50 purchase because it would be attached to a show.

This is what I plan to do to get around this ...however I had a couple thoughts. Isn't true that if we submit a show in our name, we do not get commission? So we would not be making any commission off of these orders right??? And will PC allow us to submit a show under our name every single month? I can see myself already submitting shows under names of diff people in my family....I get alot of outside orders and my customers all love the guest special. This is the one thing I am upset over!

ComissionYou do recieve comission for shows that you are the host. I have hosted several (open houses, etc....) I am one of my best hosts! As to trying to find a way around this, the HO is just saying individual orders placed on your personal website that go DIRECTLY to the HO will not earn the guest special. It does not affect outside orders placed on the web. Not sure why they want to do this, but I won't argue, our company is EXTREMELY generous, and are always looking out for the consultants. I am getting really frustrated with all of you who are talking badly about this company....if you really disagree that much, find a different direct sales company (But I guarantee you won't find a better one, or one that treats it's consultants fairly and with as much respect and reverence as ours does!)

BTW---hope to see you all next week in Atlanta!

jmabner said:
...our company is EXTREMELY generous, and are always looking out for the consultants. I am getting really frustrated with all of you who are talking badly about this company....if you really disagree that much, find a different direct sales company (But I guarantee you won't find a better one, or one that treats it's consultants fairly and with as much respect and reverence as ours does!)
Ditto. I feel very blessed to work for one of the Top Direct Sales Companies in the Nation.
by the way...where did I read that?

DITTO from me too....and I replyed directly to jmabner that I meant no offense! My only concern was the guest special, and I thank her for clearing that up. I do remember someone in my cluster once telling me that you do not get commission off of hosting your own show because that is considered "double-dipping". I am glad to have that cleared up. I love having a website, and I am going to continue using it as best as I can, and look forward to hopefully good news on these next week in Atlanta! There seems to be a secret "lurking"! :)

Ideas on what the big announcement is gonna be??I myself am hoping they will announce a new fund raiser program!!!! We need a better format with higher margins to be competitive with the rest of the fundraisers!

John

jmabner said:
You do recieve comission for shows that you are the host. I have hosted several (open houses, etc....) I am one of my best hosts! As to trying to find a way around this, the HO is just saying individual orders placed on your personal website that go DIRECTLY to the HO will not earn the guest special. It does not affect outside orders placed on the web. Not sure why they want to do this, but I won't argue, our company is EXTREMELY generous, and are always looking out for the consultants. I am getting really frustrated with all of you who are talking badly about this company....if you really disagree that much, find a different direct sales company (But I guarantee you won't find a better one, or one that treats it's consultants fairly and with as much respect and reverence as ours does!)

BTW---hope to see you all next week in Atlanta!

Thanks you took the words out of my mouth!

Originally Posted by jmabner
...Not sure why they want to do this, but I won't argue, our company is EXTREMELY generous, and are always looking out for the consultants. I am getting really frustrated with all of you who are talking badly about this company....if you really disagree that much, find a different direct sales company (But I guarantee you won't find a better one, or one that treats it's consultants fairly and with as much respect and reverence as ours does!)

You know, until just recently I would have agreed with the quote above but I don't see what is fair about the situation. I just got an email from Richard Laiche at Home Office telling me that a man has posted several PC personal websites on his personal (non PC) website. Because of this (I have no idea who this man is, by the way) I am in violation of the current policy!!!!! How in the world is this fair or logical??? They are going to punish me if he doesn't remove these websites but nothing has been done about the person who STOLE my directors website. She copied everything including the typographical error. She & other upper level directors were jealous of her success. They said that she couldn't show up in search engines unless she was paying to get there. They didn't believe her when she said that she didn't. If they don't know any more about search engines than that, they need to get some computer people in the office that do know what is going on.

And how is it fair that the upper level directors are the ones who get to make decisions about whether or not they got to keep the perk of being the only ones to advertise? Isn't that letting the fox make decisions about who guard the hen house?

The comment about finding another company, believe me, I am thinking about it. Which is really hard because I have loved this company for quite some time. I've been in almost 5 years & it would be extremely difficult but if this situation isn't resolved soon, I will be leaving & I probably won't continue as a customer if I do.

Stampaholic1961 said:
And how is it fair that the upper level directors are the ones who get to make decisions about whether or not they got to keep the perk of being the only ones to advertise? Isn't that letting the fox make decisions about who guard the hen house?

[/COLOR]
I wasn't aware that they were the ones who made this decision. It sounded to me like it came from Marla and then she had a conference call or sent a memo to the Executive Directors and higher to announce the change in policy.

Anyway, this seems to be getting pretty weird. Then that man is putting people's website address on his website without anyone's persmission which seems very unethical and sneaky to me just because he's trying to prove a point to Richard Laiche. So far I'm not on that list of websites and I would hope that he's not continuing to add people because I have NO time to keep checking that periodically. That's what I think is ridiculous!

pamperedbecky said:
Anyway, this seems to be getting pretty weird. Then that man is putting people's website address on his website without anyone's persmission which seems very unethical and sneaky to me just because he's trying to prove a point to Richard Laiche.

I really want to extinguish the notion that website linking is unethical and wrong. There is no web law, the internet exists because website linking is possible. If you needed permission to link to another site the internet would simply fail and become useless. Think what would happen if google had to get permission to link all 7 billion sites it lists in their search engines. It seems to me you are presenting a double standard on seth. Have you been contacting google to take down your link?

*I am speaking on principle, I agree his vengeful crusade is a little silly*

Last edited:
Admin Greg said:
I really want to extinguish the notion that website linking is unethical and wrong. There is no web law, the internet exists because website linking is possible. If you needed permission to link to another site the internet would simply fail and become useless. Think what would happen if google had to get permission to link all 7 billion sites it lists in their search engines. It seems to me you are presenting a double standard on richard. Have you been contacting google to take down your link?

I'm afraid I'm a little dense today. What does that mean "It seems to me you are presenting a double standard on richard."

Stampaholic1961 said:
I'm afraid I'm a little dense today. What does that mean "It seems to me you are presenting a double standard on richard."

oops, I typed richard and ment seth, I fixed it and should make more sense now, thanks. A double standard is a rule which is applied more stringently to one party than to others.

Admin Greg said:
I really want to extinguish the notion that website linking is unethical and wrong. There is no web law, the internet exists because website linking is possible. If you needed permission to link to another site the internet would simply fail and become useless. Think what would happen if google had to get permission to link all 7 billion sites it lists in their search engines. It seems to me you are presenting a double standard on seth. Have you been contacting google to take down your link?

*I am speaking on principle, I agree his vengeful crusade is a little silly*
I guess when I used the word "unethical," I really was meaning sneaky and sly. Although things can be unethical without being illegal. That is more of a subjective opinion, I suppose. I understand that there is no web law. I see your point about the internet existing because of links and whatnot. It just seems that the manner in which he's "fighting" (for lack of a better word) his crusade is kind of inconsiderate to those of us out here who are trying to run a business by following the rules. Just my opinion. :eek:

Pampered Chef WebsiteUnder the new rules, is it worth paying for a Pampered Chef website? I have some doubts about getting one.

Just for the record in CanadaAlthough we haven't had anynews about a new website policy becoming effective here in Canada, I am aware of the site that this guy is promoting PC consultants on & his battle with head office. I am wondering what will be announced at leadership next weekend in Toronto. I also believe that we should be able to link our sites to sites/groups that we support. It is another way to market our business and I hope head office can find a way to get this sorted out ASAP, so we can move on.

Esther

Ok, just breathe!I know sudden changes can make us all nervous, but let's just relax and think about this a bit. If you've been in PC for a while, you know that websites are fairly new territory. It's inevitable that some bugs will pop up somewhere. The PC I know has never made any changes to policy that have had a negative outcome for consultants, and that's just my opinion based on 6+ years of experience. I think we should just give it some time and let them try to iron this out. Websites are an amazing way to promote and grow your business, but think about this. Did Doris have a website when she was a consultant? Nope. Neither did Nancy Jo Ryan, etc., etc. You see where I'm going with this? It's a tool. If it's a good one, do what you can to keep using it. If you think it's not, don't use it. If you have questions or concerns, by all means talk to the company. They are very good listeners, otherwise, we wouldn't have it so good. Your business, I'm sure, will not implode because of this, so just keep on doing what you can, when you can. I believe it's a challenge we can all overcome if we try! :)

I just got an email from Richard Laiche at Home Office telling me that a man has posted several PC personal websites on his personal (non PC) website. Because of this (I have no idea who this man is, by the way) I am in violation of the current policy!!!!! How in the world is this fair or logical??? They are going to punish me if he doesn't remove these websites ...

[/QUOTE]

I got the same email! I was so surprised to find that some random person has linked his site to mine. On the one hand I am glad to hear that someone is standing up and making the point that the new policy seems short-sighted and misguided. On the other hand, if I get punished for something that someone else chose to do on his own, then I will be extremely hurt and disappointed in TPC.

I really like TPC and enjoy being a consultant, but I also feel that something else needs to be done with this new policy. I do agree that consultants shouldn't be allowed to run rampant all over the internet at the expense of other consultants, but I also feel that there should be some room for creativity. For instance - I am a member of a choral group in my area and I would love to do mutual links between its website and mine. As the membership coordinator for the group I could see how a link to its site could help us find new members and help me make some new contacts and potential customers. It wouldn't be huge or generate a giant income, but as a new consultant who is struggling to meet hosts outside of my circle of friends, it could be tremendously beneficial to me.

Happy New Year,
Leesa

Sticking with PC?? Maybe not...
Stampaholic1961 said:
The comment about finding another company, believe me, I am thinking about it. Which is really hard because I have loved this company for quite some time. I've been in almost 5 years & it would be extremely difficult but if this situation isn't resolved soon, I will be leaving & I probably won't continue as a customer if I do.

[/COLOR]

Bev,

I sent you a private message. I know exactly how you feel. I've been with PC only since March and these "punishments" are getting a bit ridiculous. It is hard enough to sell a product that is non-consumable. I mean how many peelers can one person have!

But this market is just innundated with PC reps. They are limiting the advertising most likely to limit your market area. I have many friends and family across the country, but that would be stepping on the toes and taking business away from reps in those areas.

The website, I believe, is not a selling tool, but merely a way for current or future customers in your market area to view the products and possibly send in an order. The set up isn't very good. Afterall, the customer doesn't really submit the order to the home office. It is submitted to you in an email and you have to submit it through PamperedPartner.

Also, I tried to "google" my website using my website name, real name, and a few other ways and nothing came up. It seems those that have website that show up in a search created a different main page searchable by keywords other than their website name or their own name. Just a guess.

I saw a post about some director or national sales director making $30,000 in sales just through the website. But then again this is a MLM business. It could be true, as maybe she directs all her customers to her website to order.

I think it is great that some people have made this business their career and were able to make some money. But for the amount of time and work that needs to be put into it, I'm not so sure it is worth it. It takes a lot of evening and weekend time away from family that I'm not willing to give up for a few bucks here and there. And now with the rules tightening up on the websites and the "punishments" if you don't meet your sales quota, it makes running YOUR? business even harder.

I like the products, but they are not to die for. I have found very high quality products in Target and Walmart for a fraction of the cost that PC sells them for. Quite honestly, I feel guilty selling a pair of kitchen tongs for $18 to a friend when I know darn well she could have purchased them at Walmart for $6 and got just a good quality a product. I know...I purchased them at Walmart just before the new catalog came out.

Well, good luck to those who stick with PC. Bev, drop me a line at [email protected], I have some info you may be interested in.

Karen

Has anyone actually been punished yet? I think PC is just trying scare tactics.

Time to CloseGreg,

Don't you think it is time to close this post? It is really getting negative.

Quite frankly, I think that PC is only trying to protect consultants like me, the average consultant trying to make a buck. I cannot afford to advertise or have my website published anywhere.

And why would we want online orders through shows to go directly to PC? That would eliminate the usefulness of a consultant. As it is with online ordering, I feel grateful that PC pays me commission for those orders - that I have basically done nothing on.

Anyway, I think this post should be closed and we should all take a deep breathe and see what happens. Rome was not built or destroyed in a day and the website and it's policies will not either. Just my opinion.

Pampered Chef Personal WebsiteHello All

I am relatively new to PC. I will tell you that I am extremely disappointed with the technology behind PC. They are a debt-free company and should be spending more money on technology to make running Your business easier. As an example; the databases are not relational, meaning that you have to input data in more than once. If the databases were relational, putting contact information one time would be all you needed to do. You would be able to access that data for that contact anywhere on Pampered Chef, including your own website, Pampered Partner etc.

Until the get someone at the Corporate level who really understands technology and what enhancements are needed to the PC infrastructure, we're just going to have to live with what we've got. PC needs to realize the fact that the more time consultants are spending inputting data and fooling with orders, that is less time selling,recruiting etc. etc. which = $$$$ for all parties.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Pampered Laura
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
scottcooks
Replies
Views
PCJenni
  • amyry
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies