• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Understanding the New Website Policy: Tips for Monitoring Your Online Presence

In summary, the new website policy states that we should periodically police our own name on google, et al to make sure we aren't picked up by other companies. This means that if we do a search of our name, the first website that pops up is our website.
Sharon L. Stran said:
Hello All

I am relatively new to PC. I will tell you that I am extremely disappointed with the technology behind PC. They are a debt-free company and should be spending more money on technology to make running Your business easier. As an example; the databases are not relational, meaning that you have to input data in more than once. If the databases were relational, putting contact information one time would be all you needed to do. You would be able to access that data for that contact anywhere on Pampered Chef, including your own website, Pampered Partner etc.

Until the get someone at the Corporate level who really understands technology and what enhancements are needed to the PC infrastructure, we're just going to have to live with what we've got. PC needs to realize the fact that the more time consultants are spending inputting data and fooling with orders, that is less time selling,recruiting etc. etc. which = $$$$ for all parties.
I have been with TPC since 2002 and have seen great changes in the PP program, PC technology and our web presence. Not that long ago consultants did everything on paper and through the mail. I think PC is doing everything they can to enhance our businesses with technology and we will see additional changes in the near future that I'm sure will answer your concerns.

As far as a previous poster's suggestion to close this thread, I disagree. I do agree that there have been some negative comments on it but this is a forum to help each other and, while we should try to be positive and uplifting to each other, if we never said a negative word I would think that most of us would feel we were the only one with any problems. I think we should state our concerns and then help each other through it and find the silver lining!

Pass on your suggestions/concerns!Since this is fairly new territory for PC, by all means send in any and all suggestions/concerns you have to them. They did not become such a large, well-respected company by ignoring the ones who helped them grow! Even a booming, debt-free company can't predict all the situations that may come up, so chances are they are already working on solutions. They more they hear from us, the faster they'll work towards them. In the meantime, I'm going to continue to do what I can do to make my business grow, too, website or not! :)

On a positive note..."They" did change the area which I took exception to within the policy...that was linking on the emails I send out. I checked...I can now link to ALL pages of my website on my monthly newsletter...HURRAH! My newsletter will once again be able to be interesting without being overly lengthly. :)

As far as everything else...I think the website linking/advertising policies are a bit archaic, but I guess when one makes the choice to have the website one accepts the baggage with it. As for the web order lead policy...the company in set up to reward recruiting. Directors get the leads, helping them stay directors, I'm sure. Is it fair? It is if you know that from the start. Personally, I don't want to have recruiting drive my business...the way the whole thing is set up seems somewhat cultish to me. ;) So, I know I will not get any leads from the company. I also know I will not get any help from my director through those leads because 1) My director is out of state 2) I only hear from my director once a month, via email, to let me know my sales ranking in the cluster. (lots of support there, huh? lol) Again, I know the rules of the game...my choice if I decide to play or not.

Have a wonderful day,
Sandy

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Pampered Laura
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
scottcooks
Replies
Views
PCJenni
  • amyry