• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Navigating the New Web: Tips for a Beginner

In summary, the email said you were approved for the new web, you need to cancel your old website, and you may have to start over if you haven't already.
Intrepid_Chef
Silver Member
Well this came from out of the blue. Suddenly I am approved for the New Web.

I'm frankly not sure I even want to bother, but I figure that if I ever recruit anybody, I have to know that I'm talking about. Plus, my computer will be sent in for repairs soon, and this IS why I bought the iPod ....

I have no idea where to begin. I have ignored the email thus far because they told me I'd have to cancel my PWS. Um, cancel, right in the middle of a show?

Any tips, and can I work from both for a while?

you will have to finish any open shows you have on your pws. after that, for me the transition was pretty seamless (until I had a panic attack about receipts today - lol - but i just wasn't looking far enough) - if you follow the instructions on the long email, you should be in good shape. I went ahead and went "all in" once I moved over and haven't even been back to the old cc. btw - i just moved over about 2 weeks ago, so i am still learning but fairly comfy "over there" :)

I was approved for the new web a couple weeks ago and I keep ignoring the email. I don't have any open shows, but I'm very concerned about canceling my old PWS. What if I don't like the new web or have a lot of problems with it the way some people do? Then I won't be able to go back to the way I'm doing it now. I'm a very part-time consultant averaging less than a show a month. On the one hand, I want to move forward and support the changes going forward. On the other, I just wish it felt like it was going to be a more seamless transition than I think it's going to be.All that to say, you're not alone in your trepidation, Intrepid_Chef!Shari

Hmmmm...I didnt even read allofthe email. I got as far as the part telling me I was elgible and said no way! Not yet.
So do I have to cancel my PWS? i cant renew it in September, when it comes due? Dang,...I am hoping to take more time! Oh well....maybe I should start now. I havent done a show in many many months. But I am wanting to start back up. Maybe I should treat it like a new consultant just starting out.And for the record...I hate typing on an iPad!!!! :D takes me three times as long because of typos, and I still didnt fix them all.
Just sayin'.;)

Since the most recent email said that they have made it available to all consultants now, I am thinking that they will issue a transition date in the not too far future. i could be wrong, but i do know that supporting and managing updates for two entirely different systems is difficult on tech support.

When did an e-mail go out? I haven't received anything. I am a senior consultant.

You do not HAVE to cancel your website immediately. I've been on Beta for some time now and kept my old website for a while. The issue is that people will still be directed to the old site and may not see the link to new one and could have trouble finding a show set up on beta and you would have to maintain both websites though so you look current. I recommend playing with beta to get familiar with it and migrating contacts. Then after a bit go ahead and cancel the old website. Once you have made the jump you will love it!

I accidentally deleted the email with the steps to transition my website. Anyone have that they could copy and paste?

1. What is the first step to navigating the new web as a beginner?

The first step is to familiarize yourself with popular web browsers such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Edge. These browsers will allow you to access the internet and browse websites.

2. How can I protect my personal information while browsing the web?

Make sure to only enter personal information on secure websites with the HTTPS protocol. Also, be cautious about clicking on links from unknown sources and regularly update your antivirus software.

3. What is the best way to search for something on the web?

Using a search engine, such as Google or Bing, is the most efficient way to search for information on the web. Simply type in your query and the search engine will display relevant results.

4. How can I keep track of my favorite websites?

You can bookmark websites by clicking on the star icon in your browser's URL bar. This will save the website to your bookmarks for easy access in the future.

5. What are some good resources for learning more about navigating the web?

There are many online tutorials and courses available for beginners to learn more about navigating the web. Some popular options include Codeacademy, Udemy, and Coursera.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Karen Weber
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
flemings99
  • WoodenSpoon
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
bbauman07
  • cookingwithlove