• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Are customer accounts necessary for my website?

In summary, Beth is concerned about the new changes to the customer account system and what it will mean for her business. She is also excited about the 1250 enhancement. Others on the call have no concerns.
Just wondering if anyone has been able to access Consultant Corner?

Also I tryed setting up a personal News item and it will not let me copy and paste from the old web... Anyone else have this issue?

I have had problems with the news too . I would just put in as much as you can on the news , can't copy and paste either. Until they get the bugs out . I think they have a ig mess on there hands and it's ot going to go live for anyone till June

I called HO ~ the new consultant has to send an email to HO plus the person that got her as a consultant and me stating that there was some sort of glitch and she could not sign up under me. Note to all: give your Consultant number to everyone who is going to sign up! That is the best way to ensure that they will sign under you and not someone else. Now to see if she will send the email or not....Karen

chef131doreen said:
I have had problems with the news too . I would just put in as much as you can on the news , can't copy and paste either. Until they get the bugs out . I think they have a ig mess on there hands and it's ot going to go live for anyone till June

Way to come right out and say it! Lol. I think you're right. I'm slightly nervous moving forward.

thehaleykitchen - there is a new web training class on this that was posted last week. According to that, each new recruit is directed to Pampered Chef's main page (regardless of if you have switched your site to the new one or not) that does ask for the consultant number and name of their recruiter - under that is says "Don't know this info? Find a consultant in your area" or something of that nature.
Hopefully HO will let you get her moved back under you though - good luck and keep us posted! ;)

HO will let her move back under me if she sends the email stating so...it is in her court and out of my hands ~ still feel cheated out of a recruit because of the new system :(She has yet to send the email and she signed yesterday about 4pm CT. I don't think she will at this point!Karen

thehaleykitchen said:
HO will let her move back under me if she sends the email stating so...it is in her court and out of my hands ~ still feel cheated out of a recruit because of the new system :(

She has yet to send the email and she signed yesterday about 4pm CT. I don't think she will at this point!

Karen

I would send her a reminder email with the email address she needs to send the letter to, perhaps even a sample email and include your consultant number. Make it as easy for her as possible.

How easy is it to change show numbers with the new system? I have been moving show numbers around when people have to change dates. This way I keep my show numbers in order. I have some in p3 that my never come to fruition and I have considered deleting them, but am making one last ditch effort to see if they will follow through. I was hoping if they are there when the change-over takes place for me I would be able to delete them if I needed to and still move things around like I am use to. Any thoughts on this?

It's just about as easy to change show numbers in the new system.

Got all my contacts migrated, and tried to do a customer connection email like the tutorials suggested. No such luck yet. Oh well, at least they are all in!! Yay for that!!!!

chezshelly said:
Got all my contacts migrated, and tried to do a customer connection email like the tutorials suggested. No such luck yet. Oh well, at least they are all in!! Yay for that!!!!

Lucky you. Hopefully the email will work soon.

I'm not so lucky. Ever since I tried to migrate on Saturday I can't log in. It says my password is wrong (not) and when I say forgot my password it says my email isn't associated with my account. Whatever. Also, when I do a search for "your consultant' (not the lead thing with 5 names, the find a particular consultant) it says no consultant found. I don't exsist.

...I can however get on the old CC with the old password and a customer who has my website can find my PWS on the new web - I just can't log in to do anything at all. Lovin' this. :thumbdown:

I'm so sorry Beth! I can't believe they don't have your situation figured out yet. I went back to P3 to do everything, however, I have people ordering on a show for the new web... one of my past hosts wants to order something from the host special and it won't let me add it at all. And my customers are all sorts of confused about this... luckily the host and past host are good friends and they are bearing with me. But that is no where near the issues that you are having. :(

This whole new system is a fiasco. So much for the app coming out today. The training and tutorials on the web are crap. They seem like they are done in theory if everything was working as it should.

vanscootin said:
I'm so sorry Beth! I can't believe they don't have your situation figured out yet. I went back to P3 to do everything, however, I have people ordering on a show for the new web... one of my past hosts wants to order something from the host special and it won't let me add it at all. And my customers are all sorts of confused about this... luckily the host and past host are good friends and they are bearing with me. But that is no where near the issues that you are having. :(

This whole new system is a fiasco. So much for the app coming out today. The training and tutorials on the web are crap. They seem like they are done in theory if everything was working as it should.

Thanks. Make sure you send an email to newweb about your issues explaining exactly what's happening about the past host special, etc. They need to know every time something goes amiss. I am going crazy here. Still no call and still unable to log in or be found. I called them at 7am (8 my time) and nadda so far. Lovely.

vanscootin said:
one of my past hosts wants to order something from the host special and it won't let me add it at all. And my customers are all sorts of confused about this.

I have 2 shows with the same situation. I am unable to order the monthly special for the past host on either show. i"ve called tech support on both- they are not sure why. And i also found it was not giving a past host their 10% off.

I'm going to have to re-enter everything in PP+ if I want these shows to be entered by the 15th.

I'm so sorry all of y'all are having such problems!!!!! It does seem like they rolled it out a little too soon :( I hope y'alls problems get fixed soon! I can only imagine how frustrating it is....i'm a SC so am not on there yet....I am thinking it will be a while before i am....sigh....

I am not on the new website and I have my website listed in my e-mail signature. I have had some people say they cannot find hosts listed. I copied and pasted my web address and it took me to the beta site every time. That has never happened before. can someone see where it takes them?
Welcome To My Personal Web Site
When I am logged in and click to view my site I go to my regular site. So I copied and pasted that ulr and it takes me to the correct version. But, the 'address' is too long and not what I have posted everyplace. Any advice?

Takes me to the regular site.

Beth, thanks for checking. When I control click I go the regular site, but cut & paste goes to beta.....weird.
Another thing is a customer is trying to find her host & cannot get the host search page to come up. It works every time for me..... I've suggested she try going through 'our products' since 'shop online' didn't take her there. I am just having too many problems tonight. In a fundraiser for Jan. I am getting a yellow ! saying the host has not ordered a host special. She has & it is listed in her order. I have updated and am in the process of doing a manual update. I am guessing that even though it says none is ordered & the correct special # is listed in the order she will get the product when we close and transmit.

I just checked, regular site.
Sandi

byrd1956 said:
Beth, thanks for checking. When I control click I go the regular site, but cut & paste goes to beta.....weird.
Another thing is a customer is trying to find her host & cannot get the host search page to come up. It works every time for me..... I've suggested she try going through 'our products' since 'shop online' didn't take her there. I am just having too many problems tonight. In a fundraiser for Jan. I am getting a yellow ! saying the host has not ordered a host special. She has & it is listed in her order. I have updated and am in the process of doing a manual update. I am guessing that even though it says none is ordered & the correct special # is listed in the order she will get the product when we close and transmit.
Check the date of your show. I heard from someone else that they had this same problem. It was because the show was dated the 10th or earlier, which meant they could've gotten the extra free promotion. But since it's being submitted after the 10th, they can't get that now. This other person changed the date to something after the 10th and it worked.Can you go to your shows direct link and just give them that instead? To get that, go to your site, put in the host's name and then when it gets you in and you see the host's name on the top right, copy & paste the URL. You'll see it'll be the name of your PWS and a bunch of stuff and it'll say showID and the numbers after that. Then people can just click that and be right in. Hope that helps!

Last edited:

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • raebates
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chefjeanine
  • kcjodih
  • General Chat