• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What other uses can the Zester/Scorer have besides zesting and scoring?

In summary, a zester/scorer is a kitchen tool used for removing zest from citrus fruits and scoring the skin of fruits and vegetables. It can also be used for grating cheese, creating shavings of chocolate or nutmeg, shredding garlic or ginger, and removing seeds. To care for the zester/scorer, it should be hand washed and stored properly. While it can be used on non-citrus fruits and vegetables, the zester side is best suited for citrus fruits. It is not dishwasher safe and should be hand washed for longevity.
raebates
Staff member
I've started using it for small amounts of shredded cheese.

I wanted a bit of cheese on my salad, but not enough to make it worth my while to get out the Deluxe Grater. I grabbed the Zester/Scorer, and it worked great. Nice shreds. No waste. No leftover mini-blocks of cheese.

Cool! That's good to know! There are times when I just want a little bit like you said... now I know. And I hardly ever use my Zester/Scorer so now I'll be able to use it! Thanks for the tip!

I shared it on FB, too. Zester/Scorers aren't one of those daily use items. I think this makes it an easier sell.

Smart move Rae.....going to have to try it out! Thanks for the tip, and I'm also loving all the tips you're doing on your countdown! Appreciate it!

My pleasure, Laurie. A few years ago I started doing the tips with the countdown to keep myself from getting bored with it. It's fun finding NC and travel tips.

1. What is a zester/scorer and how is it used?

A zester/scorer is a versatile kitchen tool that is used to remove zest from citrus fruits and score the skin of fruits and vegetables. The zester side is used to remove the outer layer of the fruit's skin, while the scorer side is used to create shallow cuts on the surface of the food. This can be used for decorative purposes or to help with peeling.

2. Can the zester/scorer be used for other purposes besides zesting and scoring?

Yes, the zester/scorer can also be used for grating hard cheeses, such as parmesan or pecorino, and for creating fine shavings of chocolate or nutmeg. It can also be used to shred garlic or ginger, and to remove seeds from fruits and vegetables.

3. How should I care for my zester/scorer?

To keep your zester/scorer in top condition, hand wash it with warm soapy water and dry it thoroughly before storing. Avoid using abrasive cleaners or harsh scrubbers, as they can damage the blades. It is also recommended to store the zester/scorer in a protective sleeve or drawer to prevent the blades from dulling.

4. Can the zester/scorer be used on non-citrus fruits and vegetables?

Yes, the scorer side of the zester/scorer can be used on a variety of fruits and vegetables, such as apples, pears, and cucumbers, to create decorative designs or to help with peeling. However, the zester side is best suited for citrus fruits as it is designed specifically for removing the outer layer of their skin.

5. Is the zester/scorer dishwasher safe?

No, we do not recommend putting the zester/scorer in the dishwasher as the high heat and harsh detergents can damage the blades. It is best to hand wash and dry the zester/scorer to ensure its longevity.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lizardhippie
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Windy City Pampered Chef
  • smspamperedchef
  • Sell Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
smspamperedchef
  • PampMomof3