• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can a Quick Stir Pitcher Be Used for Colonoscopy Prep?

In summary, the conversation touches on the topic of colonoscopies and the use of a Quick Stir Pitcher (QSP) for the preparation of the procedure. The participants share their experiences and suggest alternative uses for the QSP. One participant, a nurse, expresses interest in using the QSP for medical purposes. Another participant shares a funny story about using the QSP for a non-food related task. The conversation also highlights the importance of colonoscopies for individuals over 50 and the potential for marketing the QSP to this demographic.
katem51
I was sitting around filled with dread in anticipation of the colonoscopy I will be having on 07/15/11. I'm looking over the prep directions and see that the day before the procedure, I have to mix a bottle of Miralax with 2 32oz bottles of sports drink. Guess I'll be using the QSP for that!

Hoping this will lead to a great story to share and maybe more sales of the QSP.

If you're over 50 and you haven't experienced a colonoscopy yet, you don't know what you're missing. But seriously, it's an important test for all to have. If you're overdue, book your colonoscopy and get your QSP out of the cupboard.

katem51 you are tooooo funny. But good idea :)

HA! We used the quick stir pitcher for that too! Not sure it would be a good show story though unless it's all older people or nurses. lol

Hmmm.....we always are trying to think of multiple uses. Kind of like the scoop that doubles as a kitty box tool or a fishing tool. You never know for sure what will strike someone's fancy! :)

I'll never look at my QSPs the same! I have 3 cuz we use them so much!

I'm a RN and love this idea!!

Great idea. Lucky you get to do the miralax. I'm not over 50 but had one done last year and couldn't stomach the prescription meds. It came back up like a fire-hose going off!

Good luck with your procedure. Taking the meds. was the worst part.

Well yesterday was "prep" day; the QSP worked great. It was hard to drink all that stuff but I have to admit it was easier to do the prep my Dr uses now than the one they used 5+ years ago. Had the procedure this morning; I don't know how they do it, but I was wide awake but felt absolutely nothing! I had two polyps so I watched as he snipped them. Got home and made a huge pepperoni pizza omelot in the 8" saute pan. Boy was it good!!!!

Had my colonoscomy in May and was first time since i discover the QSP!!!! There has to be a way to tap into this market the miralx went down SO much easier!!!!

Marla Elliott

I have a gal who uses the Salad & Berry Spinner to dry her swimsuits and delicates ;)While I'm a bit younger, a friend of mine who has health issues gets colonscopies all the time (and she's younger than me!) I'll have to let her know about this!

Yep, I figured that one out when I had one last fall. I will NEVER drink the entire gallon like that again, however. Being the good little patient, I followed the directions to the very last drop. I was violently sick to my stomach repeatedly and we all know what was going on else where!! Luckily, I still look at my QSP lovingly despite that one bad event!

frozenchef said:
I have a gal who uses the Salad & Berry Spinner to dry her swimsuits and delicates ;)

While I'm a bit younger, a friend of mine who has health issues gets colonscopies all the time (and she's younger than me!) I'll have to let her know about this!

ohmygosh - that made me laugh! :D Never heard that use before!

Sandi

What is the Quick Stir Pitcher and what makes it different from other pitchers?

The Quick Stir Pitcher is a versatile kitchen tool that can be used for mixing, measuring, and pouring liquids. It features a unique stir mechanism that helps to evenly mix ingredients without creating a mess. Unlike traditional pitchers, the Quick Stir Pitcher has a secure lid and a non-slip base, making it perfect for mixing and storing liquids.

What are some creative ways to use the Quick Stir Pitcher?

The Quick Stir Pitcher can be used for a variety of tasks in the kitchen. Some creative uses include mixing pancake batter, making salad dressings, and infusing water with fruits or herbs. It can also be used as a measuring cup for liquids and as a pourer for sauces and syrups.

Is the Quick Stir Pitcher dishwasher safe?

Yes, the Quick Stir Pitcher is dishwasher safe. However, it is recommended to hand wash the stir mechanism to ensure its longevity. The pitcher is also made of durable, BPA-free plastic, making it safe for use in the dishwasher.

Can the Quick Stir Pitcher be used for hot liquids?

Yes, the Quick Stir Pitcher can be used for hot liquids up to 200°F. However, it is not recommended to use it for boiling liquids or to leave it on a hot stove. It is also important to use caution and handle the pitcher carefully when pouring hot liquids.

What is the capacity of the Quick Stir Pitcher?

The Quick Stir Pitcher has a capacity of 2 quarts or 1.9 liters. This makes it the perfect size for mixing and storing a variety of liquids, from small batches of sauces to larger quantities of drinks or dressings.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Staci
  • tlag1986
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Crystal Patton
  • myinnerchef
  • General Chat
Replies