• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tried & Tested: Pampered Chef's Toaster Bags

In summary, the new toaster bags from Pampered Chef are amazing. They are crispy and don't stick to the bread. They are also reusable and dishwasher safe.
DebPC
Staff member
Pampered Chef's New Toaster BagsI was also very skeptical until I looked into my fridge today to find something for the kids for lunch and there sat a box of leftover pizza. It's 90 degrees today and I didn't feel like turning on the oven so I thought "What the heck - I'll try the toaster bags." The pizza was CRISPY and it didn't stick one single bit. I was totally blown away.

I still think the price is a bit hefty but I am convinced that they work. On the Show and Sell CD they talk about making a Toasted Cheese Sandwich and every show.

Laurie Kenyon

I was really skeptical of the Toaster Bags, until I tried one today. I took
two slices of Pepperidge Farm cinnamon raisin bread, spread one with a little
lite cream cheese and a little peanut butter and topped with the other slice.
I put the sandwich in the toaster bag and put it in the toaster. It was
really awesome..the bread was toasted and the filling was warm and melted. I
think we could take a prepared sandwich to a show and toast it in the host's
toaster and people will love them if they see how well they work!

Judy Englehart

I was told in the unteractive room that they used one 35 times before it tore. Also that they are working on a bigger bag that will go in the oven.

Eileen Paul

I was told in the interactive room that they can be used until they get a hole in them. Use them on the George Forman for easy cleanup. (How lazy can we get)? LOL

Carol Rathfelder

When I used my toaster bag the first time it melted and burned the bread. :confused: I emailed my director and she said she had the same thing happen. Has anyone else?

Stacey

Have you notified Pampered Chef of your experience? I haven't had a chance to use mine yet.
Debbie

Yes, both my director and I did and I haven't received a reply other than "thank you for your email, we will get back to you." I'll post here when one of us hears something. I was just curious as to whether anyone else had the same problem.
Stacey

help with toaster bag ideasI've been hearing people talk about making sandwiches in the bags in their toaster. I have a wide slot toaster and I can't get two slices of bread in one slot to make the sandwich.
One of my downline said, well she fit it in the toaster oven. My question is then, "why not use the small stoneware bar pan?" I think I'm missing something here. I like the idea but I'm wondering what my customers will say.
Please help me on that one. :rolleyes:

You could toast the sandwich in the toaster bag in the toaster oven. You can only bake in the toaster oven with the small bar pan.
Debbie

When I go to my host's home I make sure she has a wide slot toasterWhen I go to my host's home I make sure she has a wide slot toaster (this will not work if she doesn't). I then ask for 2 slices of bread, a slice or two of cheese and some butter or margarine.

During the demo I say...

Do your kids love grilled cheese sandwiches but you don't want them cooking on the stove? Here's an answer for you..

I place the cheese slice(s) between the two pieces of bread, butter the outside of the bread and place in the Toaster Bag. I ask my host to place this in her toaster at her normal setting she uses for toast.

Then I explain how these bags can also be used to re-heat slices of pizza. The bags are re-usable. They are dishwasher safe, but I have been afraid of them landing on the heating coils in my dishwasher so I have been washing them by hand. Also, the importance of using the Bamboo Tongs to lift the bag out of the toaster because of the hot steam it generates. Usually by now the "bag" has popped up. I (or the host) use the Bamboo Tongs and pull it out of the toaster. I cut it up an into bite size pieces and show how the cheese is soft and gooey. I place it on a plate and ask who would like some. There are usually a couple people who want to eat it.

A director friend, also, told me they can be used in a George Foreman. I don't have one so I haven't tried it. She said by using the Toaster Bags it keeps the George Foreman clean. The meat goes in the bag, and have the opening facing down so the fat will run out as it cooks. I thought this was a great tip. Has anyone tried it?

Janet Proctor

Yes, we have used the toaster bags in our George Foremans! They work great! Brats are a lot juicier, not so crispy. Chicken breasts turn out great too.

Also, when you make the grilled cheese, you don't have to butter the bread! It turns out just as toasty without the extra fat! At our meetings everyone was amazed at how it tastes just as good without the butter.

But, having said all this, I don't think I'm going to spend alot of time on them either. Maybe have the host make the grilled cheese in the kitchen while I spend the two minutes talking about them and have her come out with it all done ready to cut up for samples. That's all it takes to sell 'em!

I also think a lot of people will buy them for the "fun" and new factor,but end up loving them after they try them for themselves.

Marcy Zeissig

Toaster bags
afokkema4u said:
When I used my toaster bag the first time it melted and burned the bread. :confused: I emailed my director and she said she had the same thing happen. Has anyone else?

Stacey
Stacey, I had a show on Wednesday at my home we made them 3 times. If you do not put butter on the outside for the gilled taste, we found that you must turn your temp down like you enjoy toast. It worked great then.

Toaster Bag FailureMy team tried the grilled cheese at our first meeting after the new products were introduced. We followed the directions exactly and it was a complete failure. #1, putting the buttered bread in the bag is messy; #2, toaster started smoking; #3, toast burned in some areas; #4 cheese melted and went to bottom of bag; #5, heat burned through the bag making a hole.

Will not use or sell them personally because I feel the small bar pan is a great seller instead of the bags! I e-mailed customer service...no response.

-Shelly

Toaster Bag FailureI too, used a toaster bag as a trial before bringing to a show. It melted the bag and burned the toast. I only have a single size opening toaster, so only toasted one piece with butter on both sides. I can't try the grilled cheese without a larger toaster and not about to use one of my shows as the guinny-pig. Cool idea, just doesn't seem like a good product for Pampered Chef's reputation of quality.

I have a regular size slotted toaster and found the bags worked fine, even for a sandwich. Used it several times and haven't burnt a hole in the bag yet. Although I do find (maybe it's because my toaster doesn't toast well on one side - even for just plain toast without the bag), I have to cook my sandwich on one side, flip the sandwich over and than cook the other side. It's toasted but is very greasy and sags a bit when it's done. Not sure if it makes a difference if I use margarine or butter or if I put too much on the bread. Anyone else have that problem?

Warning - because they are plastic bags and when sitting on the counter after being used, they tend to look like some garbage. They almost look like the wrapper for the sliced cheese. I accidentally threw one away one time when I was cleaning up the kitchen. Now I make sure to wash them immediately and put in drainer to dry. Even though they are dishwasher safe I never stick them in the dishwasher. I feel they will last longer that way.

Sharon

Disappointed with the Toaster Bags...I experienced the same problems that others have mentioned using the toaster bags. The toaster smoked, the bread burned in places, the cheese melted out of the sandwich, and the bags got holes in them on the first use (three different times). I am not going to be using them at shows either and have told guests at shows that I am not impressed. It's a good idea but I think it needs some more refinement.

Toaster BagsI have not had any problems with the toaster bags. I bring them to work with me to do Grilled Cheese and soup in a hurry. I have also reheated pizza. I always do sort of a low setting on my toaster. They are not my favorite product but I really like them!

I have also tried the grilled cheese, actually I had my husband try them!! The bread was fine, but the bag looked like it was melting in places. Is there a heat setting recomendation on the directions? As we know not all toasters are the same. I really haven't tried them again. Although I have pizza in the frig and I"m getting hungry thinking about this... ;)

Michelle

Another use for toaster bagsMy nephews are both highly allergic to wheat products. My sister uses a separate toaster for their special bread to avoid cross contamination. She fell in love with the toaster bags because now when she travels she can pack the toaster bags instead a bulky toaster! She has helped sell MANY sets of toaster bags to mothers of other children with these same food allergies.

Thanks for the post!!! I never even thought of that for a use. I have two friends with kids with wheat allergies. I am definitely forwarding your post to them.

1. Can I use these toaster bags in any toaster?

Yes, these toaster bags are designed to fit in most standard toasters. However, we recommend checking the size of your toaster slots before using them to ensure a proper fit.

2. Are these toaster bags reusable?

Yes, these toaster bags are reusable and can be used up to 100 times each. Simply wash them with warm soapy water and rinse before using them again.

3. Can I use these toaster bags in a toaster oven?

Yes, these toaster bags can be used in toaster ovens as well. Just make sure to adjust the temperature and cooking time accordingly.

4. Can I use these toaster bags to make grilled cheese sandwiches?

Yes, these toaster bags are perfect for making grilled cheese sandwiches. They will contain the mess and prevent the cheese from dripping onto your toaster.

5. Are these toaster bags safe to use in a microwave?

No, these toaster bags are not safe to use in a microwave. They are designed specifically for use in toasters and toaster ovens.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
raebates
  • kcjodih
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
etteluap70PC
  • KellyTheChef
  • General Chat
Replies