• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How can I overcome my fear of phone calls for my Pampered Chef business?

In summary, the conversation covered various topics related to overcoming fear of phone calls for a Pampered Chef business, including tips for building confidence, identifying the root of the fear, and balancing business and family life. The conversation also touched on ways to get more support from directors and utilize forums for networking and learning opportunities.
chefmomofsix
Hi! I'm a PC consultant with one new downline in the New England area. I have six kids and am very busy with their activities!

My husband has had two job losses in the past year and I'm still trying hard to catch up from the financial strain. I would like to recruit a lot more but I struggle with fear of the phone. I don't even know why! Anyway, I figured I'd get on here and check out the forums because my directors are not terribly hands on about contacting us personally. We do alot by email but sometimes I need a few other sources for feedback and figured this couldn't hurt. I've only been doing PC for about 8 months but I love it! I look forward to contributing on here. :)

Welcome to the board...everyone here is wonderful..i'm sure you will get alot from this site, I know I do :D

Wow! Six kids! You are a busy woman!

Phone -a- phobia is a common fear, so don't feel that you are the only one. You are definitely among friends :p ! When you are speaking about the business, there are some things to keep in mind that should help you out:

1. First, don't think of offering the business as something that you "do" to another person, rather, think of it as something that you are doing "for" them. Our business is a gift and we should be proud of what we bring to the table.
2. Secondly, take yourself out of the equation...when you focus more on the needs/desires of your potential consultant, instead of what we "get" as the recruiter, it takes the world of pressure off. I love incentives as much as the next person, but I believe that the gift of helping another person achieve their dreams/goals is the best part of offering the business.

Consider taking some telecourses about recruiting. If you don't have time when they are being offered "live," be sure to download the pre-recorded versions or order some of the audio CDS that are on Paperwork Supply. They really do help you work through the words to say.

Best of luck to you!!

Mary

Thanks Dawn and Mary! I actually used to be a Creative Memories consultant for about 8 years. I decided to change to Pampered Chef when the workshops got too hard for me to run as the kids got older and more busy.

I wanted to see if the same amount of effort I put into my CM business would take me farther in Pampered Chef and so far it really has. Bookings are easier, shows are bigger (my typical CM show was considered big if six people attended) and I don't have to work so hard to plan all day or all weekend events that my customers wanted.

I'm really enjoying myself and getting more and more excited about the business! Now I'm a little sorry I didn't make the switch sooner!

1. How can I overcome my fear of phone calls for my Pampered Chef business?

Fear of phone calls is a common struggle for many people, especially when it comes to business. Here are some tips to help you overcome your fear and confidently make phone calls for your Pampered Chef business:

• Practice and prepare: Take some time to practice what you want to say before making any calls. This will help you feel more confident and prepared.
  • Start small: It's okay to start with just a few calls at a time until you feel more comfortable. Set small goals for yourself and gradually increase the number of calls you make.
  • Focus on the purpose: Remember that the purpose of your call is to share the amazing products and opportunity of Pampered Chef with others. This can help shift your mindset from fear to excitement.
  • Use a script or talking points: If you're struggling with what to say, consider using a script or writing down some key talking points to guide your conversation.
  • Visualize success: Before making a call, take a moment to visualize yourself having a successful conversation and achieving your goals. This can help boost your confidence and calm your nerves.

2. Why do I struggle with fear of the phone for my Pampered Chef business?

The fear of making phone calls can stem from a variety of reasons, such as a fear of rejection or feeling unprepared. It's important to identify the root of your fear so you can address it and work towards overcoming it.

3. How can I recruit more for my Pampered Chef business while also balancing my busy family life?

Balancing a busy family life and a business can be challenging, but it is possible. Here are some tips to help you recruit more for your Pampered Chef business while also managing your family responsibilities:

• Set a schedule: Plan out specific times each week for your business activities, including recruiting. This will help you stay organized and ensure you have time for both your family and your business.
  • Delegate tasks: Don't be afraid to ask for help from your family and friends. They can assist with tasks like childcare or household chores, giving you more time to focus on your business.
  • Use technology: Take advantage of technology to stay connected with your team and potential recruits. This could include using video calls or social media to communicate and share information.
  • Prioritize: It's important to prioritize your tasks and focus on the most important ones first. This will help you make the most of your time and avoid feeling overwhelmed.

4. How can I get more support from my Pampered Chef directors for my business?

If you feel like you're not getting enough support from your directors, don't be afraid to reach out and ask for it. Here are some ways to get more support for your Pampered Chef business:

• Communicate your needs: Be open and honest with your directors about what kind of support you need. They may not realize you need more personal contact and can make an effort to provide that for you.
  • Attend meetings and trainings: Take advantage of any meetings or trainings offered by your directors. This can provide valuable information and support for your business.
  • Join online groups: Connect with other Pampered Chef consultants through online groups and forums. This can provide a sense of community and support from others who understand your business.
  • Reach out to other consultants: Don't hesitate to reach out to other consultants, even if they're not in your direct team. They may be able to offer advice and support to help you grow your business.

5. How can participating in forums like this one help my Pampered Chef business?

Participating in forums like this one can provide a wealth of benefits for your Pampered Chef business:

• Networking opportunities: You can connect with other consultants and potential customers through forums, expanding your network and potential customer base.
  • Advice and support: You can get valuable advice and support from other consultants who have experience and knowledge in the business.
  • Learning and growth: Reading and participating in discussions can help you learn new tips and strategies for growing your business.
  • Motivation: Being part of a community of like-minded individuals can provide motivation and encouragement to keep going and reach your goals.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• crisbm103
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
ChefGwendolyn
  • Sabrina Serfling
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Sabrina Serfling
  • Tiarra Clark