• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can husbands and wives work together as a team in Pampered Chef?

In summary, husbands and wives can work together as a team in Pampered Chef and many couples have found success in doing so. To balance roles, open communication and division of tasks is key. Challenges may arise, but with communication and a shared passion, they can be overcome. Tips for success include setting clear goals, dividing tasks, and supporting each other. Both members of a husband/wife team can earn the same benefits and rewards in Pampered Chef.
PChusbandwifeteam
Any idea's for a husband /wife team?

I don't have any innovative ideas for you, but I just had a husband and wife team sign with me last night. Pass on any information you find. I wish you the best of luck!!! You will love this business. I know I do.

Welcome to PC & ChefSuccess! :D Best of luck!

Welcome to PC! Happy you found us here, too!!! You should get some great ideas from everyone here!

Welcome to CS and congratulations on starting your own business together!

I don't have any ideas...just use the fact that you are a husband/wife team as a "selling point"...I would think guests would think it was cool! It also shows that there are all sorts of opportunities with PC!

That's really cool!! Congrats and welcome to PC! And you'll love this site!!

Welcome. We used to have a husband and wife team on the board but they have not posted in a while. Make sure you have fun with this.

Husband and Wife teams are great! I sort of have that going, my husband has gone with me on a few shows. He picks up everything when I'm done and puts it in the car while I check people out. We're out of there in less than two and a half hours! :)

One time I was sooo sick that I couldn't do a scheduled show and I told him jokingly that he should go and do the show. He grabbed my rolling tote and left!! He makes the chicken veggie enchiladas a lot faster than I do anyway. When he came back he said not that many people where there but he sold $500 and got 3 bookings. One was for an all male BBQ show!! I was very excited. Have fun with it, nothing beats having this kind of support.

My husband & I do shows as a team. He has the more outgoing personality so he does the demonstrations & I do the paperwork. I'm more behind-the-scenes. I wish he would do the "check-out" part because he's better at upselling (but not in a pushy way) but he hasn't gotten to that point yet.

So for a husband and wife team, do both sign up or just one? I have a couple who are interested, but don't know what to tell them (and haven't taken the time to call and ask).

Normally just one would sign...

I guess that takes supportive spouse to a whole new level, huh?

Welcome! And, congratulations.

I was told that you couldn't sign someone in your house under you, so it would stink to have to give both recruits to the upline. But I was also told that for insurance purposes, both have to be signed. I love my upline, but if she convinced me to sign and I convinced my hubby or anyone else to sign I would hate to give that away.

pamperedposey said:
I was told that you couldn't sign someone in your house under you, so it would stink to have to give both recruits to the upline. But I was also told that for insurance purposes, both have to be signed. I love my upline, but if she convinced me to sign and I convinced my hubby or anyone else to sign I would hate to give that away.

I was told that for insurance purposes, the one who "signed" has to be the one to do the demo. Also - if both signed, and only one earned a trip, if the other was a consultant, they wouldn't be able to go on the trip with their spouse.

There is a director (male) in my extended cluster who does shows as a team w/ his wife - always has. He does the demo, and she helps handle paperwork and cleans up. I know that she is not "officially" a consultant, but she comes to conference with him, and has also come to Cluster training events with him.

There is a husband/wife team in my Hosp cluster. they both come to meetings and both are very knowledgeable about the company and products. I'm not sure how they work their shows though.

My husband and I do PC together! Customers and hosts love it! It shows that men love the products just as much as women and they like to see himin his apron....kinda cute I guess. But any how, I like it bc my health isnt excellent so he does the heavy lifting. He does the cooking and I demo some products. I start my show off by introducing ourselves and why we do PC together...and I add we love to do it together because "Well he likes to cook and I love to talk!" that usually gets a few giggles and kind of breaks the ice for me. But in the end while I am checking people out, he is washing the dishes and loading the car. It is such a relief when I am done to see everything picked up and ready to go! I love having him with me, we make a great team!!

Carissidy said:
My husband and I do PC together! Customers and hosts love it! It shows that men love the products just as much as women and they like to see himin his apron....kinda cute I guess. But any how, I like it bc my health isnt excellent so he does the heavy lifting. He does the cooking and I demo some products. I start my show off by introducing ourselves and why we do PC together...and I add we love to do it together because "Well he likes to cook and I love to talk!" that usually gets a few giggles and kind of breaks the ice for me. But in the end while I am checking people out, he is washing the dishes and loading the car. It is such a relief when I am done to see everything picked up and ready to go! I love having him with me, we make a great team!!

That is SOOOO awesome...it truly is! I would be tickled if my bo got a glimmer of excitement that I was doing this! LOL...you really have someone special!!! What a team!!

Thanks!
Denarella said:
That is SOOOO awesome...it truly is! I would be tickled if my bo got a glimmer of excitement that I was doing this! LOL...you really have someone special!!! What a team!!

Thanks for the recognition! :D We love what we do together and really is funny to see how he gets just as excited as I do about new products and stuff LOL!:rolleyes:

Carissidy said:

AWW, what a good guy Norm is!!

I have a similiar situation. My left side is paralyzed so my mom and hubby take turns going to shows with me. They carry my stuff, help me set up and clean up at the end!! I pre-make my recipe before the show and my husband usually helps me with that too!! He actually made Profiterole Puffs for my show last night, by himself and the show mainly consisted of his female co-workers-so I told everyone he made them!! He was slightly embarrased, but it was funny! And like Angela's husband, my husband loves the products just as much as I do and gets soo excited about the new catalogs!!

Hmmm - the only things my DH gets excited about are the recipe trials, and the paycheck!:rolleyes:

He is still very supportive though.:love:

My DH and I started together, hence the name pamperedpals, and unfortunately due to babysitting issues :( I am solo now.

He does help at home with packets and putting stuff in my car. The couple of shows we did do together were fun and everyone liked seeing my DH excited about the product just like I was.

Carissidy said:

Sounds like you have an awseome thing going there! My hubby is very supportive and he has followed me to a show once or twice to help carry things in, but that's as far as it goes. It's nice to know that option is out there! I never could picture who that could work. If both signed you would have to divide sales to keep one active and if you don't both sign then only one gets recognized for promotions and such (which I guess isn't that big of a deal, but it would have to be me...hehe). Anyhow, it sounds like a lot of fun. My husband and I have worked well together in the past, but he's not much of a speaker. I guess you just find out which parts you each are best at.

There are pros & cons each way. If you both sign up you have to try to stay active. That splits yours sales & makes it harder for either of you to earn a trip. If one earns a trip, the other one can't go with you. But if you are both active, you can buy 2 sets of samples each season if you want. If only one of you is a consultant then that person has to do the shows for insurance purposes. If the person who is a consultant gets sick, the other one can't do the show because of insurance. Those are the pros & cons that I can think of off the top of my head.I also sell for another direct sales company & when you sign up with them you can add your spouse as a co-consultant. Then either one can participate in any aspect of the business. Both can attend all company events etc. I have written to HO about this & hope that someday they will change their policy as well. I love doing shows with my hubby & don't think I could actually go back to doing shows solo!! If he quits, then I probably will too.

ChefBeckyD said:
I was told that for insurance purposes, the one who "signed" has to be the one to do the demo. Also - if both signed, and only one earned a trip, if the other was a consultant, they wouldn't be able to go on the trip with their spouse.

There is a director (male) in my extended cluster who does shows as a team w/ his wife - always has. He does the demo, and she helps handle paperwork and cleans up. I know that she is not "officially" a consultant, but she comes to conference with him, and has also come to Cluster training events with him.
This is also my understanding. It is very encouraging when the family helps with the business. My kids love stamping and putting my lap boards together especially because whey the get treated to something I tell them "this is for helping me with my business." ;)

1. Can husbands and wives work together as a team in Pampered Chef?

Yes, husbands and wives can absolutely work together as a team in Pampered Chef! In fact, many couples have found great success in running their Pampered Chef business together.

2. How can a husband/wife team balance their roles in the business?

The key to balancing roles in a husband/wife team is communication and division of tasks. Have open and honest discussions about each person's strengths and weaknesses, and assign tasks accordingly. It's also important to respect each other's opinions and ideas.

3. Are there any challenges to working with your spouse in Pampered Chef?

Like with any business partnership, there may be challenges when working with your spouse in Pampered Chef. However, with clear communication, mutual respect, and a shared passion for the business, these challenges can easily be overcome.

4. What are some tips for a successful husband/wife team in Pampered Chef?

Some tips for a successful husband/wife team in Pampered Chef include setting clear goals and expectations, dividing tasks and responsibilities, supporting and encouraging each other, and leveraging each other's strengths.

5. Can a husband/wife team earn the same benefits and rewards in Pampered Chef?

Yes, both members of a husband/wife team can earn the same benefits and rewards in Pampered Chef. The company values teamwork and recognizes the contributions of both partners in a team.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jregini
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Rebecca Clive
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • DeniseT