• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

First-Time at Conference: What to Expect and How to Make the Most of It

In summary,The conference will be packed with seminars and general meetings. There is little down time, and the evening sessions run until 9 or so.
PCCHeather0506
Silver Member
This will be my first year attending conference. I'm new to it all! I was wondering what it's like? Are there classes all day and night? Do you get down time? Do some people go out or anything like that? I use to be a consultant for another company and when I had gone to that conference, we would go out as a group,and it was sooo much fun! So I'm just trying to get an idea of what to expect!

It's pretty packed with seminars and general meetings. There's little down time, and the evening sessions run til 9 or so. I know lots of people go out afterward, but that's too late for little early-riser me. http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/schlafen/sleeping-smiley-015.gif

This year is a little different. The opening session will be from 3:00 to 6:00 on day one. So you will have that night to take in some of Chicago. If you have never been to Chicago, you are in for a real treat!

Lisa

Forgot about that, Lisa. Woo hoo! Navy Pier, here I come!

Heather,
There will be a general session every day for about 2 hours, as well as workshops each day. I believe (without looking up my paperwork) that there are 5 workshop times available. There will be some time for sightseeing/meals in Chicago.

How do you know what wave you'll be in?

My 1st time also
PCCHeather0506 said:
This will be my first year attending conference. I'm new to it all! I was wondering what it's like? Are there classes all day and night? Do you get down time? Do some people go out or anything like that? I use to be a consultant for another company and when I had gone to that conference, we would go out as a group,and it was sooo much fun! So I'm just trying to get an idea of what to expect!

It will be my first time as well! I am in Wave One & just booked my flight! :D

I'm a first timer also. I'm so excited!!!!

Ned
PCCHeather0506 said:
How do you know what wave you'll be in?

Do you know who your NED is?

What is NED?

When do you all usually fly to conference? Arrive the day before and leave the day after?

National Executive Director....I just answered your travel question on your other thread. :)

Looks like I'm in Wave 3, anyone else in 3?

There is a thread for people to identify themselves if they are in Wave 3. If you go to the Conference 07 forum, you'll see Wave 3. Click on that and you can see threads started specifically for you! :)

So, so jealous am I!

Of course, I'm hoping to meet all of the Cheffers in Wave 2, and I want to meet the ones in Wave 3 as well. I wonder if I can talk my DH into letting me stay in Chicago for a couple of weeks instead of a few days. Hmmmmm.

raebates said:
So, so jealous am I!

Of course, I'm hoping to meet all of the Cheffers in Wave 2, and I want to meet the ones in Wave 3 as well. I wonder if I can talk my DH into letting me stay in Chicago for a couple of weeks instead of a few days. Hmmmmm.

I doubt hes going to let you be out of his sight that long Rae! He loves you too much!!:D Besides, you on that pole?????:p ;)

Yeah, he says the house is waaaay too quiet when I'm gone. I figure that's a good thing, since we'll celebrate our 22nd anniversary at the end of the month. http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/love0008.gif

I will not, I repeat, NOT! be on any pole in Chicago. I will, however, be standing there looking at it, laughing hysterically.

Congrats..
raebates said:
Yeah, he says the house is waaaay too quiet when I'm gone. I figure that's a good thing, since we'll celebrate our 22nd anniversary at the end of the month. http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/love0008.gif

I will not, I repeat, NOT! be on any pole in Chicago. I will, however, be standing there looking at it, laughing hysterically.

On your wedding anniversary!!

This will be my first yr as well and I"m in wave 1!!! woo hoo, sure can't wait to meet everyone!!

Liz

You will have a fantastic time:D Conference is so awesome; you learn tons, & it's a great way to network with other consultants. (& see some of Chicago!)

Thanks, Beth-Ann. I'm married to a wonderful man who thinks I'm beautiful, smart, funny, and the best cook in the country. (And I don't want any of you telling him the truth!)

This is my second year attending....... they will be sending us a whole bunch of information with in the next few weeks about it!! If you did not do it.... when you get back from confernce this year.. sign up for confernce club.. they take a little bit out of your commishion check and it pays for your registration fee.... so that is one less thing that you really have to come up with....

Hi, I just joined here and was reading everything about Conference. I am new in PC, just completed my 30 days. I would like to take my husband with me to conference,, does anyone have any information on this,, what he might be able to attend with me and what he won't,, Please someone help me, I can't seem to find any information.

raebates said:
I'm hoping to meet all of the Cheffers in Wave 2, and I want to meet the ones in Wave 3 as well.
And what about us Cheffers in Wave 1?? Don't you want to meet us too??

(sulking in the corner thinking no one likes us or wants to be our friend)

debbieskitchenhelper said:
Hi, I just joined here and was reading everything about Conference. I am new in PC, just completed my 30 days. I would like to take my husband with me to conference,, does anyone have any information on this,, what he might be able to attend with me and what he won't,, Please someone help me, I can't seem to find any information.

I took my husband the first 2 years. You can buy him a full registration (he can attand everything) or a partial ( he can only attend a few things) - when the registration ifo goes up you'll get details on all of it.

BethCooks4U said:

I want to meet you Beth but I'll also be in Wave 2!:D

Wave 1
BethCooks4U said:

I'm in Wave One, Beth! Would love to meet up! :D

thanks,,, we are newly weds and I would really like him to attend with me, Thanks for the info,

BethCooks4U said:

I want to meet you, Beth! I adore the Wave 1 Cheffers!!!!!

I really hope I'll get a chance to meet many of you in Wave 1. I'm arriving on Wednesday, so I may see those of you who don't have to scoot right out of Chicago.

I was all excited to see if I couldn't meet some of the Wave 3 Cheffers as well. However, my teeny little brain finally processed the fact that there's a day's wait between the end of Wave 2 and the beginning of Wave 3. http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/sad0142.gif

Wave 3 for me!! See you there!

Ok -- I accidentally made a new post with this stuff in it...This is my first Conference and I'm really excited. I am in Wave 2 under Chris Manion's line. Think of this as the NEWBIE guide/FAQ for all us new folks so that all of you seasoned vets can pass down pearls of wisdom to us :)

Can someone tell me the things I should NOT miss? What is the itinerary like? What sort of meals do we have there and what should I plan my budget for otherwise? What should I bring with me as far as clothes go? Anything I should definitely bring with me? Do we sign up for speakers/sessions ahead of time or do we all go to the same things at the same times? Are there people I should defintiely see or ones I should avoid? What is your FAVORITE party about conference??

I've already heard about the HO tour and director's dinner, but not idea how this stuff goes down.

Thanks in advance - can't wait to see you all there?

I look forward to meeting you, Jennifer. You'll love National Conference.

I was SOOOO happy to see you were in my wave. I will have my "Rae Bates radar" on to look for you :) :)

The HO will be sending us itinerary and workshop info soon. They're changing it up this year, so we won't know yet which meals are included. There's usually one dinner on your own the first day. Dress is business casual and I would recommend LAYERS b/c you never know if they'll have the AC blasting or if it will be broken that day--LOL!

DebbieJ said:
The HO will be sending us itinerary and workshop info soon. They're changing it up this year, so we won't know yet which meals are included. There's usually one dinner on your own the first day. Dress is business casual and I would recommend LAYERS b/c you never know if they'll have the AC blasting or if it will be broken that day--LOL!

Yes, definitely layer up -- my first year they kept the workshop rooms at 20-below...then last year they had alomst NO a/c....so be ready for anything - LOL
Wear comfy shoes - every day you'll walk about 5+ miles whether you want to or not.
Pack high protien snacks...food in the conference center is very expensive so you're better off packing your own snacks.

and if you drink soda or caffinee.... plan on getting some along the way other wise you will probley be only drinking water...... I had a huge headache for the longest time... caffene withdrawls!!

mommyhugz1978 said:
and if you drink soda or caffinee.... plan on getting some along the way other wise you will probley be only drinking water...... I had a huge headache for the longest time... caffene withdrawls!!
Yeah, I hear you on that one!! I was dying without my caffeine! And, the rare coke machine that you could find was OUT!!!! Then, the water that was supplied was in construction-worker-type-canteens....hello???!!! who can walk (very quickly I might add) carrying a large bag and a glass of water while at the same time looking for signs to tell you which way to go to get from one conference room to the other side of Chicago for the next conference room, up and down escalators or stairs...bottles would have been nice! So, I suggest that you carry an empty water botle with you so you can fill-up at the canteens!

pamperedlinda said:
So, I suggest that you carry an empty water botle with you so you can fill-up at the canteens!

That's what I did and it worked great.

Someone sent me this the first year I went to conference. It is very helpful.

Attachments

• conference_checklist041304.doc
    20.5 KB · Views: 298
Very helpful!! Many thanks!! :)

I will be going to my first conference - I am in wave three Nancy Jo Ryan's group

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • NooraK
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
RMDave
  • Bill Faber