• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Should I Continue with My Direct Sales Business or Quit for Good?

In summary, when deciding whether to continue with a direct sales business, it's important to evaluate your current success and future potential, as well as your personal strengths and limitations. If you notice a pattern of struggling after a few months, it's important to assess your sales and marketing strategies and seek advice from successful consultants. Overcoming the fear of rejection and talking on the phone can be achieved through focusing on building relationships, practicing, and utilizing resources. It's also important to be honest with yourself about whether direct sales is the right fit for you. If you do decide to quit, you can still stay connected to the company and your team through social media and attending events.
KathyZ
Hi, my name is Kathy and I have been in and out of PC for the past 4 years. I do well for a couple of months but then it goes down hill.
I hate getting on the phone! I don't like rejection but more importantly my tongue gets all tied up. The same thing happens at a show!
I just don't know if I should continue with PC or just hang it up once and for all. I have a wonderful support system at home and my husband lets me buy all the new products even tho I don't do enough business to warrant the purchases. When I've "quit" in the past I always miss getting the emails from home office and the KCN. Then there's missing conference too.
I don't know what my problem is. I love PC products we use them everyday.
When I think, "I need to get on that phone" my stomach just lurches into my throat!
Maybe I'm just not cut out for this biz??

Thanks for listening!!:

Kathy

Welcome Kathy! You will get plenty of ideas from this board. I do not like to make the calls, but I make myself because I know without them my business will fail. I hope you find what you need to continue in the business!

Thank you!
One of my main problems with the phone is what to say. Can you share some verbage you use for a past host, past guest and someone you haven't spoken in months?

Kathy

Welcome Kathy...I think all of us have our weaknesses, but God is there to help you through it. There is a reason that you keep coming back!! I have attached an inspirational note that was sent to me from a good friend and client. I hope it helps you and anyone else who reads it.:D Good Luck!!

Attachments

• Friends.doc
    26 KB · Views: 345
When I call I tell them who I am and ask if they are enjoying their products. That usually leads to a little talk and then at the end I tell them to call me if they ever want to order or host.

You could ask them what products they would like to have the most and if any of them are upcoming host specials let them know.

I book a Feb show the other day when a girl mentioned she wanted to eventually get somemore stoneware and when I told her about the Feb host special she decided to host a show.

Jayne is right..God is there to help us all we have to do is ask. I remember the night I was making calls when I got the Feb show, I prayed and sked God to give me some shows if it was His will b/c my calendar was empty - I GOT TWO BOOKINGS THAT NIGHT! He does answer in His will!

Jayne,
Thank you your thought. I live in New Carlisle! Who is your director?

Welcome Back!

Jayne said:
I have attached an inspirational note that was sent to me from a good friend and client. I hope it helps you and anyone else who reads it.:D Good Luck!!

Jayne,

That was a wonderful attachment and so true!

KathyZ said:
Jayne,
Thank you your thought. I live in New Carlisle! Who is your director?

Kathy,

My director is Janice Verace, she lives in Goshen, IN. My upline would be Nancy Jo Ryan. We are pretty close to each other aren't we?:D

As much as I like to talk, it's a shock to lots of people to find out I really dread making those phone calls. I literally have to force myself to make the first one. After that it's a little easier.

When I start to hear myself whine about picking up the phone, I remember that wonderfully motivating line,

"Just pull up your big girl panties and deal with it!"

Gets me going almost every time. :D

Yes we are. I'm about 30 min. from UP Mall.
My upline is also Nancy Jo.
So you have been in the biz 9 years? Do you work your biz full time or do you also work outside the home?
How many shows do you do a week?

Thanks Rae! I love that line. I'm going to print out a big banner and put it right above my phone!
Do you work your biz FT or PT? How many shows do you do a week? What's your best CCC tip?

KathyZ said:
Yes we are. I'm about 30 min. from UP Mall.
My upline is also Nancy Jo.
So you have been in the biz 9 years? Do you work your biz full time or do you also work outside the home?
How many shows do you do a week?

I am only 15 minutes East of UP Mall. No, I have only been selling PC for 9 months. I quit my FT job at the end of June last year and sell PC full time now!! I try to do 2 shows a week.

I hate making those phone calls too. My stomach does a little dance and than I think my tongue just forgets to talk. I just have to make myself and than think of the possible show and the money I would be making. I hate rejection but I am trying my best to not take it to hear. Good luck and remember we are all here to help one another.

1. Should I continue with my direct sales business or quit for good?

This is a common question for many direct sales consultants, and the answer ultimately depends on your individual circumstances and goals. Before making a decision, it's important to assess your current success and future potential with the company, as well as consider your personal strengths and limitations.

2. Why do I do well for a couple of months but then struggle?

There could be a variety of reasons for this pattern. It's important to evaluate your sales and marketing strategies, as well as your consistency and dedication to the business. It may also be helpful to seek advice from your team leader or other successful consultants to identify any areas for improvement.

3. How can I overcome my fear of rejection and talking on the phone?

Rejection is a common fear in any sales business, but it's important to remember that it's not personal. The key is to focus on building relationships and providing value to potential customers, rather than just making a sale. As for talking on the phone, practice makes perfect! Start with small goals and gradually work your way up to longer calls. Utilizing scripts or role-playing with a friend or team member can also help improve your confidence.

4. Is direct sales just not the right fit for me?

Direct sales is not for everyone, and that's okay. It's important to be honest with yourself and determine if this type of business aligns with your strengths and interests. If not, there are plenty of other opportunities out there that may be a better fit for you.

5. How can I stay connected to the company and my team if I decide to quit?

If you do decide to quit your direct sales business, you can still stay connected to the company and your team through social media or attending local events. You can also continue to purchase products for personal use through a consultant or the company's website. Ultimately, the decision to stay connected is up to you and what you feel comfortable with.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Natashya Giardina
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Tammie Allen
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies