• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Raising Funds for Breast Cancer Families: Our Unique Approach at ACS

In summary, Susan G. Komeman, Relay Lay for Life and many others do that. What we do is totally different and I just realized we DO NOT CAPITALIZE ON THAT!!! We raise money to help entire families cope with breast cancer through programs, we raise money to make sure women can get treatments via rides and free screenings, we raise money for something as simple as makeup and wigs to make someone feel more "normal".
pampered1224
Silver Member
How many people have you heard say, I already give to ACS? or I have a sister and I give via her or ... Here is the thing i want to know? How many people know we ARE NOT RAISING MONEY FOR BREAST CANCER RESEARCH?
Susan G. Komeman, Relay Lay for Life and many others do that. What we do is totally different and I just realized we DO NOT CAPITALIZE ON THAT!!! We raise money to help entire families cope with breast cancer through programs, we raise money to make sure women can get treatments via rides and free screenings, we raise money for something as simple as makeup and wigs to make someone feel more "normal". "DO NOT think this is raising money for Cancer Research. Plenty of groups do that. This, this is different. This is the wig a patient wears to look and feel her best. This is the voice that helps a father explain to his kids why mommy is so sick. This is the ride to a treatment so dad can work to pay bills. This is the ad that talks about good foods. This is the Happy Birthday! Think of it as the hand that has reached out to take the patient and the family down a long road to success."

Attachments

• FAQs.pdf
    167.8 KB · Views: 504
Thanks so much John! I was not educated myself. I am printing this as I type and adding it to my folder so that I can educate my guests as well as my team!
((HUGS))

Wonderful words from the heart that can help us beat this killer. Thanks John!

Thank you John! I also admit I was not 100% clear on what we raise money for. I think your examples are very moving, and I thank you for sharing them.

Beautiful. Thank you John! I was under the impression that it was for awareness and early detection...It's even more touching to read the examples you listed. We need more funds for programs like this! Here's to a HUGE success across the nation for HWC!

I knew it and I have read the FAQs but I never tried to capitalize on it. Funny too as it makes a big difference in the way we present this cause. So with this new look at the issues, I decided to hit a little harder and see what I can do.

Thanks for the reminder.

Thanks John! To clarify a few things about ACS, Making Strides Against Breast Cancer, Relay For Life, and DetermiNation are not a research fundraising programs. A percentage goes to research, but the majority goes to actual programs. That is the GREAT thing about ACS. Most of our research dollars are from private grants. We have SO many programs that are funded by our fundraisers that people don't know about. Look Good Feel Better is a program that the HWC dollars helps fund. We send make up kits to women (or their area hospital that houses the program) who are getting treatment and we hold classes where they can share stories, learn how to do wraps with scarves, get make-up tips and so much more! Reach to Recovery, also partially funded by HWC dollars, is a support network where survivors can partner with people who are newly diagnosed to help them through their journey. We also have programs for caregivers to help them deal with their experiences. If you go to American Cancer Society :: Information and Resources for Cancer: Breast, Colon, Prostate, Lung and Other Forms, you can get even more information about our programs. PLEASE......share this information and web site with everyone who attends your HWC shows. I'm not saying that only because I work for ACS, but I have seen firsthand how these programs help. My aunt used them all last year when she was going through treatment.

tys1031 - thank you so much. That web site will help clarify what all ACS does. I already have a possible date. Maybe you all can help me decide if I should do it.
1) It is not in May but in mid-April. I am sure no one will be unwilling to wait until May 1 for me to submit.
2) It is only a 2 hour drive from home
3) It would require asking for more money for direct shipping. I do not want to burden the lady hosting to do this. She will be to busy running her restaurant.
4) The event, the grand opening of a restaurant runs from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. so I could segment that of course and not stay all day.
5) `Gas is at $3.69 here
6) Neat lady and she was so willing to suggest this that I think there is another reason besides just wanting to help.
So... I figure I only have a few days to decide so I can put the wheels in motion to do it as I would need to get her some advertising at the very least as well as my having to place a supply order. I gave myself until Sunday night. Reason: If I get my tax stuff put together, I can call the tax man to change the appointment. That will be the hardest part! Any input will be appreciated.

Well, here are my thoughts:
1) Mid-April to May 1st is only two weeks, really. I've had shows before where hosts drag closing a show for that long. With you being in WI, I don't think shipping would take too long on top of that, so if the guests are aware, I think they would be fine with it.
2) Two hours is a long drive, but I'm not one to turn down a show. Personally, I'm in a place where I may have to because of my family, but if that wasn't an issue, I wouldn't be opposed to driving further for an event.
3) Could you talk to the host to see if she has a good friend who would be willing to volunteer to sort the orders? The guests could then come pick them up at the restaurant to eliminate deliveries, and encourage repeat business for her.
4) I would pick certain hours that you would be there, say from noon to 4 (or however long you want to stay), and make sure she knows in advance.
5) I know how close you are to this cause, so I would think that's the least of your concerns :D
6) If you're concerned about an ulterior motive, you need to have a frank discussion with her about what she expects. Let her know that if you are going to come that far, you expect it to be a successful event for both of you. And you expect her to advertise you being there, so people expect it, and do not show up surprised to see you, and unprepared to make a purchase or donation.

Thank you NooraK! Just makes me definite that I am going to do this. I will be contacting an appointment I need to move from that date to another so... Thank you for letting me see the options from a different point of view. And I think I know just the friend for my host to contact! As far as advertising goes, I know she is already putting something together. Her cousin, my best friend told me yesterday that she is looking forward to this! COOL! So she is as stoked as I am. Oh and he thinks the motive is a sister-in-law if the rumors he heard are true. So I want to make this work.

What is the "New Thought Process" and how does it apply to Pampered Chef?

The "New Thought Process" is a set of principles and beliefs that focus on positive thinking, personal growth, and the power of the mind to manifest desires. At Pampered Chef, we incorporate this mindset into our business by encouraging our consultants to have a positive attitude, set goals, and believe in their ability to succeed.

How does Pampered Chef support the "New Thought Process" for their consultants?

Pampered Chef offers a variety of resources and tools to help our consultants embrace the "New Thought Process." This includes training and development programs, personal coaching, and a supportive community of like-minded individuals.

Why is the "New Thought Process" important in the direct sales industry?

The direct sales industry is highly competitive, and having a positive mindset and belief in oneself is crucial for success. The "New Thought Process" helps our consultants overcome challenges, stay motivated, and reach their goals.

Can anyone learn and incorporate the "New Thought Process" into their daily lives?

Yes, the principles of the "New Thought Process" can be applied by anyone looking to improve their mindset and achieve their goals. It takes practice and dedication, but with the right tools and support, anyone can adopt this way of thinking.

How can the "New Thought Process" benefit both Pampered Chef consultants and their customers?

By embracing the "New Thought Process," consultants can cultivate a positive, can-do attitude that will attract customers and help them build meaningful relationships. Additionally, the focus on personal growth and goal-setting can result in increased confidence and success for both consultants and customers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sarahsworld2000
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • sarahsellcm
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
chefann
  • pctharper