• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

New Taffy Apple Tartlets Recipe: Deliciously Tart and Sweet Dessert with a Twist

In summary, there was a disagreement about how the recipe turned out, with some people thinking that it needed more apples and the caramel getting hard once cooled. Suggestions were given to modify the recipe, such as doubling the apples and omitting the caramel square. Others reported that their recipe turned out well, with the amount of filling being perfect and the dish receiving rave reviews.
Do you think there would be any way to chop up the caramels so they aren't such a chunk at the bottom? Or would that be too much of a mess?

If you can find the caramel bits (near the chocolate chips), a few of those in the bottom works well.

I have made this recipe 4 times and use the caramel bits every time. I put about 9 in every tart... umhhh good :)

I made these for our team training on Tuesday and they don't have a wow factor for me. I feel like something is missing. IF I ever make these again, I'll make them with cinnnamon in the apple mixture instead of sprinkling it on top.

I made these at my show today and forgot to cook the apple mixture. One of my guests had all of the tart shells filled, so we just had to go with it. I baked them 4 minutes longer and ate 1 on the way home. It was deeelish!! Like a caramel apple in a mini crust. Supurb!! When I make these again, I will not ccok my apple mixture again. The caramel was still soft an hour later and we used Kraft caramels. I may try the Werther's or Brach's next time to see if there's any difference.
Deb

zmom58 said:
I made these at my show today and forgot to cook the apple mixture. One of my guests had all of the tart shells filled, so we just had to go with it. I baked them 4 minutes longer and ate 1 on the way home. It was deeelish!! Like a caramel apple in a mini crust. Supurb!! When I make these again, I will not ccok my apple mixture again. The caramel was still soft an hour later and we used Kraft caramels. I may try the Werther's or Brach's next time to see if there's any difference.
Deb

Glad I'm not the only one who didn't microwave the mixture...I didn't bother with it either, and I thought they tasted GREAT. :)

raebates said:
If you can find the caramel bits (near the chocolate chips), a few of those in the bottom works well.

I can't find the caramel bits around here but got them last year & I love them! They are so easy to work with.

I am hoping it's a seasonal thing. If they show up, I'm stocking up! :chef:

<h2>1. How many apples should I use in the taffy apple tartlets recipe?</h2><p>The recipe calls for 2 granny smith apples, but it may be necessary to add more if they are smaller in size. Doubling the amount of apples is recommended for a more prominent apple flavor.</p><h2>2. Can this recipe be used for a Pampered Chef demonstration?</h2><p>Yes, this recipe would make a great demo recipe for Pampered Chef. It is easy to make and has a unique twist on a classic dessert.</p><h2>3. Is there enough filling for the taffy apple tartlets?</h2><p>The recipe calls for a small scoop to measure out the filling, but it may be necessary to ration the filling towards the end if using this method. It is recommended to have extra filling on hand, or to use a larger scoop to ensure each tartlet has enough filling.</p><h2>4. Can I substitute the peanuts for another topping?</h2><p>Yes, you can use any topping you prefer for the taffy apple tartlets. Some suggestions could be crushed graham crackers, chopped walnuts, or even a drizzle of chocolate sauce.</p><h2>5. Can I make any modifications to the recipe?</h2><p>Yes, feel free to make any modifications to suit your personal taste. You can add more apples, use a different type of nut for the topping, or even add more caramel or butterscotch for a sweeter flavor.</p>

1. How many apples should I use in the taffy apple tartlets recipe?

The recipe calls for 2 granny smith apples, but it may be necessary to add more if they are smaller in size. Doubling the amount of apples is recommended for a more prominent apple flavor.

2. Can this recipe be used for a Pampered Chef demonstration?

Yes, this recipe would make a great demo recipe for Pampered Chef. It is easy to make and has a unique twist on a classic dessert.

3. Is there enough filling for the taffy apple tartlets?

The recipe calls for a small scoop to measure out the filling, but it may be necessary to ration the filling towards the end if using this method. It is recommended to have extra filling on hand, or to use a larger scoop to ensure each tartlet has enough filling.

4. Can I substitute the peanuts for another topping?

Yes, you can use any topping you prefer for the taffy apple tartlets. Some suggestions could be crushed graham crackers, chopped walnuts, or even a drizzle of chocolate sauce.

5. Can I make any modifications to the recipe?

Yes, feel free to make any modifications to suit your personal taste. You can add more apples, use a different type of nut for the topping, or even add more caramel or butterscotch for a sweeter flavor.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
dianag
Replies
Views
Staci
Replies
Views
crystalscookingnow
Replies
Views