• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

New Style Guest/Host Flyers - Is It Just Me?

to wait and see how they look in person.I don't like the new style too much either, but I think they are trying to go green.
kam
Staff member
Is it just me? I REALLY hate the new style in the Guest and Host Flyers for March.

Just my opinion, but...
I think the host flyer is worse. It is almost too "free-form". And the 2nd page of the host flyer looks really cheesy. I don't like the "shadow" around the bamboo bowls. And the pricing chart looks sloppy, in my opinion.

I really feel these are less professional looking than the past flyers.

Again, just my opinion.

Well, now I'll have to go look. I'll let you know what I think.

I agree - I was quite surprised when I saw them - they just don't look professionally done.

They didn't strike me that way. I think they look clean and fresh. I also like the way the host special gives the page numbers where the products can be found.

And I don't understand why in the Jan. CN they said to go to CC and print them off. They used up a whole page of color to show us that they had them, why couldn't they have just produced the actual tear out pages for us? My printer can't print off those flyers to be of the same quality--or anywhere near it! Maybe since it's being "Green" they just changed the look a bit? Yes, the chart did seem a little simple looking compared to other months, but the page number reference is a nice new addition.

I agree that they look rather cheaply done. I also try to only print in b&w and they don't look good at all:yuck: I think I am just going to use the ones from cs for March:D

I don't like the black lines on the top of the bamboo bowls.

I really don't like it when we have 2-page flyers Oh well, I'll get over it.

I kind of like them....haven't tried to print them yet though.

I am back and forth on the new style. I think it looks fresh and new...but cheapy as well.

One thing that I totally not liking is the completely CHEESY smiles on the faces of the "models" on the new brochures. I don't like the whole, "I am having so much fun now I am utterly cracking up so hard I can't contain myself" look. I am almost embarrassed to give those brochures to my male leads. Just looks dumb...IMHO :blushing:

I saw the new flyers the other day and noticed they were different but didn't put any thought to it. I too like the one page flyers better than two pages. The black lines on the back side are due to bad photo editing. I learned this when I was 18 (maybe I should go get a job at HO :) ). I like that they put the page numbers for easy finding and like the new layout all together but wish they put a "chart" around the item listing to make it easier to read.

I'm not really fond of the new look either. I don't like the 2 page flier and I think it is way too wordy. It could have easily been contained to one page.

I don't have a problem with the page numbers being added to the chart. It is the overall look and feel of the chart. Which I know is quite subjective.

But, really, the "Catalog Page" heading should not be green type, but black. All the heads of the chart should be aligned. For example, "Past Host Item #" is 2 lines, the headings "Product" and "Retail" and "You Pay" should be 1 row lower.

I could go on, but they are nit-picky typesetting things that just bug me. And the flyers in the past have always been so professionally done with a lot of attention to detail.

Oh, and it just looks like all the images are just thrown on the flyer instead of being presented nicely. They way they are on there just looks sloppy to me.

Once again, this is all subjective and just my opinion! :)

Normally when the host special comes in two pages, you can still print ONLY one page and the host gets all the details. On this host special, it's not the case. You have to print out both pages, and i like to save ink(and paper) and print the host page on one side and the guest side on the other.

I guess I am in the minority in that I like the new look of the fliers. I do agree however, I don't like having to print 2 pages of host special.

They sort of remind me of the movie Marla and Jean did...you know with the blue screen behind them. The bamboo is just floating there.

I guess I'm going to have to learn how to use the printing services that we get discounted. The pages that I printed for the B2B meeting killed my colored ink.

Geez now I better go look at em....

Ok, I looked--remember I am a printer's daughter and grew up in the 4 color printing business--it is rare that I don't pick up the new catalogs when we first get them and look at them with a critical eye and find something wrong....the verdict is.....I like the new look. It's cool.

As far as printing them--if you email your flyers to either Office Depot or Offix Max, with our discounts it works out to be about 25 cents a copy for color--I don't print the second page of the flyer anyway for the host, I print it for me and keep it in a notebook with my calendar--if they purchase the item and want to know the exact cost I tell em. Most of the time they are more intrigued by the % off than the actual amount. Also, when you print them at Office Depot or Office Max because they are printing them directly from the file and not a copy of YOUR copy, and because they usually use laser paper in their color copiers, it is a very clean crisp copy. You can email them right to the store--directions are on both of their websites, and they will have them ready for you when you get there.

I like the new look.

I like the new look, but what I don't like about them is that if I print them on my home printer, I can't get full bleed (the photo running off the edge) printing, so it looks bad. When there's white space at the edge of the flyer, then it still looks OK printed on a printer that requires margins of some kind.

Chefgirl2 said:
They sort of remind me of the movie Marla and Jean did...you know with the blue screen behind them. The bamboo is just floating there.

I guess I'm going to have to learn how to use the printing services that we get discounted. The pages that I printed for the B2B meeting killed my colored ink.

Hey Elaine,

I'm not sure where you are in Louisville, but I always go to the Office Depot at the Summit. I signed up for the discount card on the PC website and I pay .03 per page color and black and white. It's an awesome deal and they've always been really helpful. HTH

Wouldn't it be nice if they made the "Your Consultant Is" section a fillable section? Then we could print them out with our info already on it.

Pampered_Ashley84 said:
Hey Elaine,

I'm not sure where you are in Louisville, but I always go to the Office Depot at the Summit. I signed up for the discount card on the PC website and I pay .03 per page color and black and white. It's an awesome deal and they've always been really helpful. HTH

If you are paying .03 per page for color, than someone at OD doesn't know what they are doing!

I pay .03 for B&W....I don't know of ANYPLACE that does color for anywhere close to that price - even on sale!

I too am in the minority! They look fine to me...I guess I didn't take the time to really study them. On thing I did like very much is that the wording on the bottom of the page all fits on!

I print the color host and guest specials from the PDF file. In February the last item... small bar pan and the info gets cut off. I just made stickers that I put on to complete the grid but glad we don't have to do that every month!

Things like this don't bother me too much. And the smiles? I have no problem with smiles:)...just frowns:(!

One thing I didn't think to say before is that I print things 1/2 size. I put the host and guest special on one sheet for my hosts. At shows I use a 1/2 sheet guest special. For March I actually used just the first page of the flyer and put the chart on the bottom of that page. The crop line on the pieces is much less noticeable when it's printed 1/2 size.I make my specials flyers in Publisher and use the snapshot feature to copy from the PDF. Before anyone asks, I won't post my flyer. I'm always willing to share, but this would only be good for a few weeks, it would have my info on it, and if you don't have the latest version of Publisher you won't be able to use it anyway. (Sorry if that sounds snarky; that's now how I mean it. I just don't have any inclination to create a bajillion versions of one monthly flyer.)

raebates said:
I don't have any inclination to create a bajillion versions of one monthly flyer.)

Then how about a bajillion minus one? How much IS a bajillion?

Ok...all wise cracks aside...I love your idea of putting them on one sheet of paper!!! And I do understand about different versions of Publisher...ummm....on my home computer, I have the 2000 version!!!! So no other Publisher file comes through.

My definition of bajillion is more than I want to mess with. :) That could be 1 or 1,000,000,000,000,000,000.

Those are great tips!

Yes! I so agree!!!...for the outside order forms as well.

Try doing a "Fast Draft" it'll use less ink.

urbnk8 said:
Wouldn't it be nice if they made the "Your Consultant Is" section a fillable section? Then we could print them out with our info already on it.
pdfescape.com! I add my info, save then send it to Office Depot!

I really don't like that they put the catalog page #'s on there. Did they stop to think that the page numbers will be different in the Spring/Summer catalogs and it will be very confusing when in March we'll use the S/S catalogs?

ShelbyMichalek said:
I really don't like that they put the catalog page #'s on there. Did they stop to think that the page numbers will be different in the Spring/Summer catalogs and it will be very confusing when in March we'll use the S/S catalogs?

They don't match up w/ the S/S catalogs?

babywings76 said:
They don't match up w/ the S/S catalogs?

I don't think so, I'll double check but I don't think they do. I think they're a page or two off.

I was wondering about this today but haven't checked. I don't have the new catty nearby.

I just looked...the page numbers are 1-2 pages off for the F/W catalog...so I bet they ARE going to be just fine for the new S/S catalog, when they apply.

The page numbers on the March host flyer DO match up with the S/S catalog.

I like the new style, but also wish they would make it so we could fill our consultant info in.

heather223 said:
I like the new style, but also wish they would make it so we could fill our consultant info in.

I totally agree! I was thinking the same thing. That would be really nice!

While they figure out how to do that (we should all be emailing Tech Support requests for this), you can use http://www.pdfescape.com to type onto existing PDFs.

I like the old ones much better.

heather223 said:

If you're a Mac user, you can use the Preview program that comes as part of the OS to annotate PDFs and put your info on them. It's also nice for putting info (and name for writing checks) on outside order forms.

Frequently Asked Questions about New Style Guest/Host Flyers

1. Is it just me, or do you also hate the new style for the Guest and Host Flyers for March?

It is completely understandable to have personal preferences when it comes to design. While some may like the new style, others may not be as fond of it. We value all feedback and will take it into consideration for future flyer designs.

2. In your opinion, which flyer do you think is worse - the guest flyer or the host flyer?

Again, personal opinions may vary on this matter. However, we strive to create flyers that are visually appealing and informative for both guests and hosts. We apologize if the new style did not meet your expectations.

3. What do you think about the "free-form" design of the host flyer?

The goal of the new style was to create a more modern and unique design for our flyers. We understand that it may not be everyone's cup of tea, but we hope to appeal to a wider audience with this new approach.

4. Do you think the bamboo bowl shadow and pricing chart on the host flyer look unprofessional?

We apologize if the design elements on the host flyer did not meet your expectations. Our team works hard to ensure that all flyers are visually appealing and easy to understand for both guests and hosts.

5. Will you take this feedback into consideration for future flyer designs?

Absolutely! We appreciate all feedback and will definitely take it into consideration for future flyer designs. Our goal is to create flyers that are both visually appealing and informative for our guests and hosts.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kam
  • Pampered Chef Flyers
Replies
Views
VeronicaW
  • kam
  • Pampered Chef Flyers
Replies
Views
cookin123
  • kam