• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Can I Motivate My Team to Recruit and Meet New Structure Requirements?

In summary, most people would not be directors under the new requirements, but some people have been successful in recruiting with incentives.
amy07
Out of curiousity, how many of you will be a Director under the new requirements come April 1st. I know that we really have until July, but IF it went into effect in April, would you be a Director?

Personally, I wouldn't. But I thought maybe I could get some advice from those of you who have made up the difference since the Leadership. What worked the best to get your team to recruit.

As of today, I have 2 SC, but only 1 SC line (my SC has a SC).

I would not. I need to get me some Senior Consultants.

I would not. I do not have any SC in my line and I do not have 4 that consistantly submit. I need new blood on my team!

I wouldn't be a director either. I do have enough active consultants, but I have never had much luck with my team recruiting. I think in the 3 1/2 years that I have been a director I have only had my team recruit about 6 people (I have probably recruited 30+). I am really hoping that my new gals will get on board with the system.

phew!! Not that I want you guys to be in the same boat as me, but it's nice to know that I'm not alone!!

I would but I still worry...

I have a FD. In January another recruit's recruit submitted a show out of the blue to reactivate (she hadn't submitted since August) and then at the end of February one who never recruited before recruited someone. So I actually have 3 if they all do shows.

My thing is that I personally haven't recruited since August. I have "tried" but I have been out of the loop a lot due to health issues - during this time it's been easy to continue my director role with my team but attracting new blood has been hard if I can't get out and about. I feel like I forgot how. lol

I also worry that if my FD promotes that I'd lose directorship because the rest of my team doesn't pull their weight (the FD has 2 that have great sales just about every month and that really helps). My sales are good but are more often between $1250 and $2500, not close enough to $4000 for comfort(sometimes I do it but not always).

ETA: I really think that the new plan will give some that didn't bother a reason to recruit now and we won't need to worry as much as we are right now.

Beth, you would get 2 months of lower sales requirements if she promotes.

amy07 said:
Beth, you would get 2 months of lower sales requirements if she promotes.

That's true but worrying me would be thinking the what if after that...

so do any of you have a plan to get your team recruiting?
I offered mine an incentive for signing recruits in March. I do know that they have leads. I'm hoping they will get them to my meeting next week so that I can "help" if necessary. Plus last month we had a guest who signed online at my house, so I'm hoping that will be the norm now! LOL

I would not...boo....I guess I need to do a better job at coaching my team, expecting my team, to share the opportunity!

I have 1 new consultant who has recruited 2, and she still has not qualified with $1250 yet. She wants to promote by June 1st, and I believe she will. I have 10 on my team now, and several have recruit leads they are workin one, so I feel confident at least one of them will sign. As of now, I do not meet the requirements though.

Right now I am not a Director and would not be in April. My team needs to recruit. My team is very new. None of my people have been on even a year yet.

I would...though both of my second generation consultants aren't consistent.

I would not. I have enough people but none of them want to recruit. Yes...I have tried over and over to explain the benefits, trained them on it, etc. I just need to keep on recruiting. I recruited 2 new people in February so I am hoping to get them recruiting quick!

I did offer my team an incentive. Recruit at least one new team member by May 1st and get $50 cash when that new member submits $1250 in sales. No takers yet.

legacypc46 said:
I would...though both of my second generation consultants aren't consistent.

did your SC's recruit right off the bat or was it a process? I'm finding that my newer gals "get it", and they are actually talking to me about their leads - that is more than any of my other team members have ever done. I don't think that I've trained them any different. But I will admit that I think the fact that they can earn overrides sooner is a great plus.....Also, I think that some of my new gals I paired up together to attend my shows as training. I think they realize that it is not a competitive cut-throat business -and that growing a team is fun.

now to get the agreements signed;)

I made a chart that I've been giving to new consultants. When they see they can earn more $$ and PC$$ when they recruit right out of the gate, they are excited. I have one person who is signing her first this week (in her fist 30 days). My FD has 2 that are signing at least 1 each this month (one is in her first 90 days).

The chart doesn't cover the sales requirements... just showing them the potential of what building a team can do for them.

It's made in word:mac so the formatting might be screwy on a PC, but you'll get the picture.

When I share it with new consultants, I basically say, "There are two ways to earn with PC... by selling (the top chart) and by sharing our business opportunity with others." They look at it and then I ask them, "Where would you like to be on this chart?" It gets them thinking AT LEAST Team Leader.

HTH! :)

Attachments

• The Pampered Chef® earning opportunity offers you flexibility AND freedom.doc
    67.5 KB · Views: 294
  • The Pampered Chef® earning opportunity offers you flexibility AND freedom.doc
    67.5 KB · Views: 296
amy07 said:
did your SC's recruit right off the bat or was it a process?

It was a process. One recruited after about a year and one recruited after about seven months. I have a third gal who has been a consultant for almost two years that just recently 'got it' and has a very strong lead.

The new career plan is a big paradigm shift for me; my team knows I am an anti-recruiting recruiter. When PC really started pushing recruiting in 2007, a couple of my gals really resented it (me too). I asked them if they disliked it enough to quit PC ('Oh no! We love PC!); so I told them they could always simply delete the recruiting emails from HO. Ironically, these are the two gals that have recruited.:bugeye:

Now I'm trying to adapt the approach Colleen has; I like it. (Just wish I had some new recruits...I'm finally back to doing shows after almost four months of personal chaos, but did little but team coaching during that time).

legacypc46 said:
It was a process. One recruited after about a year and one recruited after about seven months. I have a third gal who has been a consultant for almost two years that just recently 'got it' and has a very strong lead.

The new career plan is a big paradigm shift for me; my team knows I am an anti-recruiting recruiter. When PC really started pushing recruiting in 2007, a couple of my gals really resented it (me too). I asked them if they disliked it enough to quit PC ('Oh no! We love PC!); so I told them they could always simply delete the recruiting emails from HO. Ironically, these are the two gals that have recruited.:bugeye:

Now I'm trying to adapt the approach Colleen has; I like it. (Just wish I had some new recruits...I'm finally back to doing shows after almost four months of personal chaos, but did little but team coaching during that time).
This sounds exactly like me! We can so make this work for us. It's just the thing to make us grow.

I am still not going to be twisting arms but I am already including recruiting more in my meetings and my shows. I am being more intentional.

Frankly, I do not like the direction we are going (I feel like we are being demanded to recruit - "If you want the carrot you have to recruit.") but I also realize what a great opportunity we have and WHY NOT share it with everyone. Who am I to decide who needs to get the offer?

Update:I now have my structure in place- one on my team (the one who kicks butt in sales each month) recruited her first last night- So I now am set, and my team is in a recuiting frenzy it seems, they all "get it"

I'm all set & will hopefully promote to Advanced....my only concern is the sales requirement for Advanced..I have the people but they are pretty weak in sales.
I've also added 2 new people since January so I'm pretty excited :)

I hope it all works out w/the rest of you!!!

I am in the same position as Anne. I am working hard this month to help my FD get her 2 SCs in place so she can promote to director as soon as the change occurs. That would make me an AD but, like Anne, I doubt the sales will be there. But I am actively recruiting and for some reason, it's A LOT easier for me now. The reason? I HAVE to. Before, I didn't. But now I do if I want to stay a director and promote up.

In my pre-PC life, I was in a sales position where I was salaried. One day, the boss announced starting immediately, we would be commission only. Ironically, my sales soared because I HAD to sell to earn income.

It really comes down to how we look at it. The bottom line is, the change is coming and we have to adjust. So why not make the best of it? And what kind of leaders are we if we are down on it? That certainly won't inspire our teams... even if we don't say a single word about it... the karma we give off says it all...

legacypc46 said:

I downloaded the Amy Neal new career plan MP3 and I listen to it almost EVERY DAY. (While e-mailing, doing paperwork, etc). I'm getting my head in place with all of this. On the recording, she talks about how she'd get them in the mindset of building a team right out of the gate. With the people that I've been recruiting and my team has been recruiting, they are either recently unemployed or are so to be. Almost everyone we have (with the exception of 3 out of 14) NEEDs this income. It's not a hobby for them.

Leggy - in 2008, I recruited 1 in January, 2 in Feb, 1 in March and 1 in April (kit napper). I didn't recruit again until October and she promptly quit after qualifying. Can't woo her back to save my life! In December, my FD exploded with her recruiting. She asks every single person she comes in contact with and I am NOT kidding. And she's not obnoxious about it! It's so funny and she really does it. We'll be at lunch and she'll ask the waiter, hostess and busboy. EVERYWHERE! She's signed 5 since December. (She was bummed that she ONLY signed 1 in February!) Her recruiting inspired me and I have 1 each month in January and February. So I am not, by any means, a recruiting machine. But I am talking about it on every call I make. I just do it because I have to. It's not optional for me anymore.

Also, in listening to an older conference CD on Leading Your Team with 3-2-1 (it's A LOT different than the current one on the online training center), the lady leading the workshop said that we can't ask our teams to do it if we aren't. (Haven't we all heard that a million times!) She said to really commit to it for 30 days... we have nothing to lose. So I decided to. This is week 3 for me. I made 2 calls Monday, none yesterday, so today is catch-up day. My results:
Week 1 - called M-F and got a booking on Friday
Week 2 - called M-F and booked one show each day
Week 3 - called M 2 calls and got a serious recruit lead. Today is phone day after I get home from the grocery store.

I'm not saying anything fancy... just checking in, need recipes? We are looking for consultants, interested or know anyone who would be great? Interested in having a show to learn easy inexpensive meals? etc. The best thing I ever heard was, "It's not how you ask (what you say), it's THAT you ask."

Sorry this has been so long. I've just been reading here and on another loop about *the change* and I think we've covered it ALL when it comes to what we don't like about it and maybe we can take a different approach of what we can do to be proactive. That's what I'm doing and honestly, I've never been more excited about my business! HTH a little...

Not sure... I'll check when I get back from the store to see if I can find it... if not, I can e-mail it to you! Send me your e-mail address! :)

I am excited about the possibilities, and I definitely want to build a Team for the long run. I've had enough warm bodies come and go, or that stay around but are not very consistent. I want a strong organization and I know this new structure will help me get it. But right now I feel the squeeze to get it done in this timeframe. But I know it WILL happen.
I've started asking all my consultants to call me after they close their shows, and I'm asking them, "So, what did your host say when you offered her the opportunity?". Got that from a training CD (can't remember right now which one). Needless to say, the majority are not asking, but now they know that I will be asking them about it.:p

Mrssyvo said:
I know have my structure in place- one on my team (the one who kicks butt in sales each month) recruited her first last night- So I now am set, and my team is in a recuiting frenzy it seems, they all "get it"

Congratulations!! :party::party:

I hope to get there by the end of the month!!

finley1991 said:
Not sure... I'll check when I get back from the store to see if I can find it... if not, I can e-mail it to you! Send me your e-mail address! :)

I can't find it can you email it to me:

[email protected]

thanks a bunch!!!

Colleen you are SO right on!

I've been also searching for tips/workshops/tele-classes to help increase sales....
have you read a good book/listened to a CD or a tele-class..... if so could you pass it on.

I'm looking for something that would be a good training for my March meeting???!!!

TIA!!

annew said:
I'm looking for something that would be a good training for my March meeting???!!!

TIA!!

The new Lead Your Team with 3-2-1 recording talks about the 3, 2, and 1 being all separate training topics. So if you're looking for increased sales, I would focus on the "2". And go with the questions from the coaching guide and walk them through the questions and have them formulate their own plans on how to increase sales... Just a thought off the top of my head!

I will promote to Advanced Director on April 1st, I have a director on my team who will continue as a director due to the elite sellers program. But in case she falls short any month, I need to make sure I have the structure in place that I still get paid as a director, working with a couple girls now..... but no luck so far. Working with new blood seems to be easier.

ChefLoriG said:
I will promote to Advanced Director on April 1st, I have a director on my team who will continue as a director due to the elite sellers program. But in case she falls short any month, I need to make sure I have the structure in place that I still get paid as a director, working with a couple girls now..... but no luck so far. Working with new blood seems to be easier.

tis easier to give birth than resurrect the dead!;)

Congratulations on promoting!!!

amy07 said:
tis easier to give birth than resurrect the dead!;)

Congratulations on promoting!!!

LOL - I love that line!

Great news Anne!

ChefLoriG said:

WOO HOO!!

:party:Congratulations!!:party:

Yeah Lori (just saw your post). You so rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(I'll be up your way in mid-April...approx 8-18 April. If I haven't found my checkbook by then:rolleyes:, I'll buy you dinner and that margarita!)

anyone else feeling the "crunch". I bounce between excitement and just anxiety. I do NOT like being in this "limbo" state. And my poor DH - he's getting such a lesson in the dynamics of direct sales - much more than he ever wanted to know...

I know I just need to breathe and keep coaching and training my Team as normal, but I just want to know that I have it all in place. Of course, I know I have to keep that structure, but just to attain it will be a relief.

amy07 said:
anyone else feeling the "crunch". I bounce between excitement and just anxiety. I do NOT like being in this "limbo" state. And my poor DH - he's getting such a lesson in the dynamics of direct sales - much more than he ever wanted to know...

I know I just need to breathe and keep coaching and training my Team as normal, but I just want to know that I have it all in place. Of course, I know I have to keep that structure, but just to attain it will be a relief.

I totally feel the crunch!! But it's because I've been feeling very blah lately, have had too much other stuff going on and have quite a lull in motivation regarding my biz. I'm REALLY hoping I snap out of it, but this change to the new career plan is causing me much stress. It's all coming along at a very bad time for me. I need to buck up and take charge of some things, probably starting with watching and reading all of the training stuff on the new plan.

I can coast for a little while with my team (I do have two current FD's who will be TLs and two who will be SCs) BUT my own personal business is suffering for various personal reasons and that's really gonna cause me to flounder if I can't get with the program.

So, you all aren't alone! At least you all sound like you're doing fabulous jobs with your teams and are doing great prep work for this change!!! Hmmm, maybe that will motivate me!!

with my chaotic life these past 4 weeks, I haven't even thought about the new plan..........also helps that I lost Directorship back in December....but, I have decided that I am just going to inspire others to give this business a try. What have I got to lose...NADA! What have I got to gain...EVERYTHING! I am starting over just like this restructuring is, so LOOK OUT!

Colleen, as usual, you just put it all into perspective! I want more money, so I need more sales & recruits...easy as that!

Go for it Meg! And check in here when ever you can.

My team is so ambivalent period. I did a huge presentation on the new program last week at our meeting and gently told them at the end of the meeting that if they didn't step up and do more shows and get recruiting I wouldn't be their director any longer and they just looked at me. Yet they tell me how much they love the meetings and how much they get out of them. I have an entire team full of every other monthers. We'll see come Conference what my badge says, huh?

Nanisu said:
My team is so ambivalent period. I did a huge presentation on the new program last week at our meeting and gently told them at the end of the meeting that if they didn't step up and do more shows and get recruiting I wouldn't be their director any longer and they just looked at me. Yet they tell me how much they love the meetings and how much they get out of them. I have an entire team full of every other monthers. We'll see come Conference what my badge says, huh?

Actually, if I understand it right, if you are a director on April 1 it will say director at conference. I believe we keep our title through July no matter what - well, unless we promote up.

Beth that's my interpretation as well.

bethcooks4u said:
Actually, if I understand it right, if you are a director on April 1 it will say director at conference. I believe we keep our title through July no matter what - well, unless we promote up.

Yes. It's in the Career Plan Q&A:

Beginning in May, you'll have your title for at least three more months.
Team Leaders through Senior Directors will have their title through July.

Title-yes. Overrides-no. The title is nice and all but I do this job for the money. I need those overrides to pay my bills. I just pray my team will pull it together before the end of April!:pray:

I think we are going to paid by whichever career plan is higher for us through July (as long as we meet the requirements)

Nanisu said:

I feel your pain! Perhaps if you can concentrate on "if they were a _______" (senior consultant, team leader, etc.) this is how you could increase your family income".

This will have a larger impact on them. They still want you as a director but they need to see "what is in it for them". The need or want for more money seems to be universal. Show them their potential and focus on their strengths.

Offer as much opportunity for them to learn and practice whatever part of the business they need. If it seems like they need everything, then just remember you are then eating an elephant...you can only eat one teaspoon at a time.

You will not see immediate results!! But you will be planting seeds. (just as we do at our parties for sales, bookings and recruiting.)

Honestly, think of how a seed grows and how long it takes to bear a product for harvest. This is what you need to do with your team. Make sure you tend to your team as you would a garden.

I can almost promise that if we all did this now, we would have a "field of dreams" sprouting in August and September. My patience level is low, so waiting for seeds to grow seems like an eternity for me!!! But I am seeing results of my work!

1. How Can I Motivate My Team to Recruit?

The key to motivating your team to recruit is to lead by example. Show your team that you are actively recruiting and that it is important to you. Offer incentives for team members who recruit new consultants, such as free products or discounts. Share success stories of other consultants who have had success with recruiting. Encourage your team to attend team meetings and training sessions to learn more about recruiting techniques. Lastly, make sure to provide ongoing support and guidance for new recruits to help them succeed.

2. How Can I Meet the New Structure Requirements?

The new structure requirements may seem daunting, but with the right strategy, they can be met. Start by analyzing your current team structure and identifying areas where you can improve. Set specific, achievable goals for your team and track your progress regularly. Encourage your team members to reach their own goals and offer support and guidance along the way. Remember, consistency is key - make sure to consistently recruit and promote team members to meet the new requirements.

3. How Many of You Will Be a Director Under the New Requirements?

This ultimately depends on each individual's own efforts and success in recruiting and promoting team members. Some consultants may meet the requirements and become a Director, while others may need more time to build their team. The important thing is to stay focused and continue working towards your goals.

4. What Worked Best to Get Your Team to Recruit?

Every team is different, so what works best for one may not work for another. However, some effective strategies for motivating team members to recruit include offering incentives, sharing success stories, providing ongoing support and guidance, and leading by example. It's also important to communicate the benefits and opportunities that come with recruiting, such as higher commission and advancement in the company.

5. How Can I Help My Team Members Who Are Struggling to Meet the Requirements?

If you have team members who are struggling to meet the new requirements, it's important to provide support and guidance. Offer to help them set achievable goals and provide tips and resources for recruiting and promoting team members. Encourage them to attend team meetings and training sessions to learn new techniques and strategies. Most importantly, be patient and understanding - building a successful team takes time and effort.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
jwpamp
  • PCJenni
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
Koolotus
  • pamperedlinda
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies