• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Changes in Member Stars: Demotion and New Additions at 3k?

In summary, I just noticed that a couple of members have changed stars. Gillian's now got one with a cool halo, but KG has been demoted from pink to yellow. What's the deal? Are the post levels changing again? Can we add another color at 3k?The post levels are changing, but it's unclear what the new rules are.
chefann said:
to get our post counts up.
ARRRRGGGGGGG!!!!!

gilliandanielle said:
The last time Greg changed the requirements he said that he was going to periodically change the star requirements so they would remain something of value- No one would care about stars if everyone had them!!
It's not really fair to the achievers, is it?

What would you say if, tomorrow, your blue star was pink?

Or you got to conference, expecting to walk on stage when someone pulls you aside and says, "We changed the rules this morning - you have to have 10 recruits to be a director."

chefann said:
to get our post counts up.
Image removed.

Last edited:
OH LORDY LORDY LORDY..you all know how I feel about sparkles so Gillian I am sincerely Jealous. Weren't you suppose to slow down around this time, so a bunch of us could catch up....LOL.

These starts are crazy...LOL

Yeah, she will slow down once she has the baby! LOL ;)

I really need to start posting!!!!!!! At this rate it will be years!!!! I have a hard time keeping up just reading what everyone is saying let alone add to it!!!

heather

We are about to find out if the star changes to pink at 2,700 posts.<-------------

And so it does.

OK, guess it'll take a bit longer to switch to pink for me!

Taking a look, there were only 3 people who lost their pink stars, but still!DH can't believe that I'm number 4 on the post count list after less than 6 months. (My profile shows longer than that, but I only started posting in Oct. 2006.)

Yeah KG you are pink again! I am so happy for you!!! Sorry you lost your pinkness!

So glad to see KG back in pink. Most guys do look good in pink. My DH does!

Pinkosity.That's a good name for a rock band.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
It's not really fair to the achievers, is it?

What would you say if, tomorrow, your blue star was pink?

Or you got to conference, expecting to walk on stage when someone pulls you aside and says, "We changed the rules this morning - you have to have 10 recruits to be a director."
Take away my blue star- I love it here, and not because of a star! I could really care less... and I think it is a little silly to compare earning a star to directorship! I am working my @ss off to earn my directorship putting blood sweat and tears into it. Star are earned by just having a lot to say! Not a comparision at all in my opinion...

Harriet at least you have color, I am done being a stripper!!

I know but it took me a long time to get color! At first I couldn't wait to be a stripper then I wanted color. Pink is my favorite color so now I need to work on getting pink.

You'll get there soon Amanda! Keep on posting!

Gillian, thanks for reminding me. I have a new consultant who signed today!!!

Harriet, I hate pink. It's kinda growing on me but I absolutely love blue & purple.
My wedding set has blue saphires because I love blue so much. I get a lot of people ask oh is that your birthstone. Now I just love blue!!!

pamperedalf said:
Congrats Amanda! I know my post was a little harsh, and it sounds bad coming from me because I am the only one with a blue star right now, but I think there are better things to focus our time on than earning stars...

pamperedalf said:

Congratulations, Amanda on signing a new consultant today!!!!!!!!:) :) :)

Now to get on that darn phone. Bowling is cancelled so I will have lots of time to make phone calls!!!!Gill I just envy your pretty star. I understand where you are coming from. Let's focus on Directorship!!!!

gilliandanielle said:
Take away my blue star- I love it here, and not because of a star! I could really care less... and I think it is a little silly to compare earning a star to directorship! I am working my @ss off to earn my directorship putting blood sweat and tears into it. Star are earned by just having a lot to say! Not a comparision at all in my opinion...
The point was not to compare the accomplishments (that's like comparing a Jenny biplane to an Boing 777) but to make the point that changing rules in midstream is not fair to the people who operated under the rules that were pulled out from under them.

pamperedalf said:
Now to get on that darn phone. Bowling is cancelled so I will have lots of time to make phone calls!!!!

Gill I just envy your pretty star. I understand where you are coming from. Let's focus on Directorship!!!!
No bowling??:eek: :eek: :eek: I was on my way down, too!!

My darn mom cancelled because there was no way to win w/ only 3 people. Ugh I don't care I just like to bowl. Sorry Gill no bowling for 2 weeks!!!:(

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
The point was not to compare the accomplishments (that's like comparing a Jenny biplane to an Boing 777) but to make the point that changing rules in midstream is not fair to the people who operated under the rules that were pulled out from under them.
My point is that there are no "rules". They are stupid little symbols and Greg should be thanked for having them at all, not having to corral people thowing a fit because he updated the requirements like he had previously said he would from time to time...

pamperedalf said:
My darn mom cancelled because there was no way to win w/ only 3 people. Ugh I don't care I just like to bowl. Sorry Gill no bowling for 2 weeks!!!:(
I should have told you I was coming down and you would have had 4 people :D The last time I bowled my score was 155, so probably not that much help!

Hey my average went up to 141, it helps when we play poker because I get a lot of cards.

Uhhhhhhhhh....they're stars.

Moving on...

gilliandanielle said:
My point is that there are no "rules". They are stupid little symbols and Greg should be thanked for having them at all, not having to corral people thowing a fit because he updated the requirements like he had previously said he would from time to time...

Well said. They're stars, people!

Moving on...

gilliandanielle said:
Watch out for the pregnant lady with the raging hormones!!! LOL

Very well put Gillian. You are wise beyond your years.

btw....I do like my stupid little symbol.....maybe one of these days it will be filled with a color....maybe not.....I don't care

I'm outta here. I not going to be a party to this again.

I think KG was just making a point about things changing without notice and he was disappointed. Of course, you can agree or disagree with him. Actually, I'm sure he would love the banter! And, yes, its not a big deal when you look at the big picture of life, but he just brought it up. If that is something that matters to him, who are we to judge what should matter to him? And to some who don't have a lot of stars, it was an accomplishment. It may seem insignificant to some, but I know I would be lying if I didn't say I was thrilled when I had made X post or got a star because it meant I belonged to a community. And I know I'm not alone, c'mon ladies... let's be honest here. We love our stars and our post #'s!

So why not discuss what I will call the "Star Incident"? If we can have a thread about wearing thongs, sitting or squatting on a toilet, bad jokes, or what kind of car I should get, disgusting things our pets do, why not discuss stars? Its just part of the scene, and the fun of CS! I have certainly contributed or started my fair share of threads that people take issue with.

AJPratt said:
So why not discuss what I will call the "Star Incident"? If we can have a thread about wearing thongs, sitting or squatting on a toilet, bad jokes, or what kind of car I should get, disgusting things our pets do, why not discuss stars? Its just part of the scene, and the fun of CS! I have certainly contributed or started my fair share of threads that people take issue with.

Thank you, Ann. I agree.

I'm not here to earn stars - but you can be darn TOOTIN' that I'm looking forward to one. Why? Because. Because why? Exactly.

Actually, just read this and it reminded me of a big discussion I had at work today over Industrial Psychology...remember the Hawthorne Effect? How it didn't matter whether the lights went up or down but that they changed and people had attention? Well, I had a discussion today about the hierarchy of needs and how it affects the workplace and how belonging to a group was a lower need on the pyramid than self-actualization needs and how cross-training is great and helps with the self-actualization, but it isn't important if a manager cannot communicate to each and every one of his employees and fulfill the more "basic" needs of the workplace...to which I then pointed out how my boss frequently forgets to communicate important things to me and now he knows why I get irritated with him. (Luckily he understands my mixture of humor and seriousness in that). Short story long, stars are fun, are other things more important? Sure...but communication is vital to any organization or group...

...just my philosophical 2 cents worth for the night...

I for one am looking forward to being a stripper and will be one until the $1 bills stop being stuffed in my G-string :)

jasonmva said:
I for one am looking forward to being a stripper and will be one until the $1 bills stop being stuffed in my G-string :)
There were a lot of things I thought of to say, but they all ended with the phrase "shake daddy's money maker!" So maybe it's best that I don't say them. :p I love the stripper jokes around here. SO SO SO much fun!

Now Honey, you can't blame her
For what her mama gave her
You ain't gotta hate her
For workin' that money-maker​

I'm just shaking what my momma gave me (and apparently hijacking this thread -- sorry)

jasonmva said:
I'm just shaking what my momma gave me (and apparently hijacking this thread -- sorry)
You're a dirty, dirty little boy. LOL BTW, LOVE the stripper comment. I was thinking the same thing.

janetupnorth: You would love to study my workplace. Its a radio group.., all the people who are social misfits and couldn't get jobs anywhere else. Its like the land of the misfit toys. LOL (I know, I'm part of it, but I'm trying to get out.)

I love my star and love my post count, but being referred to as a post wh*re is a little over the line- yes, he didn't personally direct it at me, but having the most posts would cover me as well since whoever *is* a post wh*re still has less than me...

I am proud of what I achieved here, but wouldn't give a sh*t if all the stars were gone tomorrow. I have real, tangible things in my life that I have earned through hard work. I simple posted what I felt because Greg should not be chastized for "changing the rules". He works hard so that we all have a place to join together- and I think if we whine about such stupid things like stars he won't feel we are as thankful as we should be..

Just my opinion- take it or leave it.

And yes Linda- the hormones are ragin' today!!

pamperedalf said:
Yes you get this lovely stripper star that I am sporting @ 750

Are you sure??? Did requirements change? I can't believe I have 750 posts! (And no star....:( )

I need to go get some sleep!!!

Anyways, I love the stars! Thanks Greg! Can't wait for mine to be Pink! Gill, did I tell ya I love the blue halo too!

Darn it! I am getting so close to 750! I was getting excited to get a star! Oh well...I guess I'll have to ramble on and on and on some more!

speedychef said:
Darn it! I am getting so close to 750! I was getting excited to get a star! Oh well...I guess I'll have to ramble on and on and on some more!
If you create an avatar or upload a pic it will spice up your name at least, until you get your star!:) :p ;)

Wow, you guys are nuts over these stars.....starstruck?;) (Gill's is pretty!)

gilliandanielle said:
I love my star and love my post count, but being referred to as a post wh*re is a little over the line- yes, he didn't personally direct it at me, but having the most posts would cover me as well since whoever *is* a post wh*re still has less than me...
I think I missed something... what happened?

AJPratt said:
Just let it go. We don't need another drama.

IMHO: We all have to be careful that we don't disagree with the wrong person here because they will go on and on to prove they are the one that is "right". Get over it already! (NOT TALKING ABOUT YOU AJPratt!! and not talking about KG either!)

AJPratt said:
I believe that Gillian is referring to post #32 and #53 (however the images were removed from #53).

I think I am just going to exit stage right... but I do agree with you, Beth. Sometimes we get so caught up in being right, we forget the issue.

Crack me up...I have to find a pic of me to put in my avatar...I don't have any, because I'm always the picture taker! Maybe Holly the Husky...I'll go get on that...

There are the generic ones Greg offers: cartoons or abstracts or pic of animals until you can find a personal pic!

<h2>1. What is the reason for the changes in member stars at 3k?</h2><p>The changes in member stars at 3k are due to the Pampered Chef promotion and demotion system. As members reach certain milestones and goals, they are rewarded with a higher star level or demoted to a lower one based on their sales and performance.</p><h2>2. Why did Gillian's star change to one with a halo?</h2><p>Gillian's star changed to one with a halo because she reached the 3k milestone and was promoted to a higher star level. The halo represents her achievement and success within the company.</p><h2>3. Why was KG demoted from pink to yellow?</h2><p>KG was demoted from pink to yellow because she did not meet the minimum sales requirements for the pink star level. Demotions can occur if a member's sales and performance do not meet the expectations for their current star level.</p><h2>4. Will the post levels be changing again?</h2><p>There are currently no plans to change the post levels at this time. However, promotions and demotions can happen at any time depending on a member's sales and performance.</p><h2>5. Can we add another color at 3k?</h2><p>No, 3k is currently the highest star level in the Pampered Chef promotion system. However, members can continue to strive for higher sales and performance to maintain their 3k star level and potentially earn rewards and recognition within the company.</p>

1. What is the reason for the changes in member stars at 3k?

The changes in member stars at 3k are due to the Pampered Chef promotion and demotion system. As members reach certain milestones and goals, they are rewarded with a higher star level or demoted to a lower one based on their sales and performance.

2. Why did Gillian's star change to one with a halo?

Gillian's star changed to one with a halo because she reached the 3k milestone and was promoted to a higher star level. The halo represents her achievement and success within the company.

3. Why was KG demoted from pink to yellow?

KG was demoted from pink to yellow because she did not meet the minimum sales requirements for the pink star level. Demotions can occur if a member's sales and performance do not meet the expectations for their current star level.

4. Will the post levels be changing again?

There are currently no plans to change the post levels at this time. However, promotions and demotions can happen at any time depending on a member's sales and performance.

5. Can we add another color at 3k?

No, 3k is currently the highest star level in the Pampered Chef promotion system. However, members can continue to strive for higher sales and performance to maintain their 3k star level and potentially earn rewards and recognition within the company.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • Sell Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
sandra foy
  • BeaLorene
  • Sell Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
BeaLorene
  • NooraK