• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Changes in Member Stars: Demotion and New Additions at 3k?

In summary, I just noticed that a couple of members have changed stars. Gillian's now got one with a cool halo, but KG has been demoted from pink to yellow. What's the deal? Are the post levels changing again? Can we add another color at 3k?The post levels are changing, but it's unclear what the new rules are.
chefann
Gold Member
I just noticed that a couple of members have changed stars. Gillian's now got one with a cool halo, but KG has been demoted from pink to yellow. What's the deal? Are the post levels changing again? Can we add another color at 3k?

Do all these questions remind you of the end of each episode of Soap? :D

Ann you are too funny, I am trying to get rid of my stripper star. It gets old shaky my money maker!!!LOL

I just got my stripper star but I'm heading fast to lose it... :)

BTW, you're pretty observant Ann - I never noticed!

Okay just found Gillian's blue star & I want that. I love blue and it looks so cool. It could sparkle too that would be even cooler.

I just need to post a whole bunch of nothing:D :D

Note to self how in the holy h*l% will I ever gab that much. Oh I so have to wait like 2 years to ever reach that level.

Gillian by the way I love your new star!!!!!PS I need to look at my AVATAR. Can't wait to get away.

Sorry Ann I just Hijacked your thread in the wrong thread. Oops!:(

Waah! I just want A star!

Speedy, I think you get one at 750!

Yes you get this lovely stripper star that I am sporting @ 750

So gabb away because you are so close. I on the other hand am 220 posts away from a promotion.

I know...I'm getting SO CLOSE! I can't wait!

pamperedalf said:
So gabb away because you are so close. I on the other hand am 220 posts away from a promotion.

I hear you! I swear, I'm on here ALL THE TIME but I guess I just don't say enough because I'm not making very good progress!

I didn't notice anything different.

Well, sure. YOU didn't get your pink star taken away from you.

Would you like some cheese with your whine, KG? :p

I've not been whining about it - Ann is the one who pointed it out.

Last edited:
speedychef said:
Waah! I just want A star!

I'd like to have one too! Guess I better get typing!

I have been gone all morning and found this thread! I haven't even seen it so now I need to post so I can check out my new bling!!

Ohhh! Pretty! Thanks Greg!!

OOOOWwwwwwwwwww!
When do you get your first star...750?
I want Gillian's star- it's the prettiest!

Guess we've gotten away from the question: what are each level/star color???? I have no idea! I was so excited when I hit 500 posts, cuz I thought I got one...NOPE!

KG it looks like you gave yourself a pink star anyway. I like it. Gillian I also really like your star

I think that randomly changing the number of posts needed to get a star or a promotion just creates a culture of post-mongering, and makes achieving any star look too hard to newbies or infrequent posters who can't keep up with the changes. Heck- how do WE keep up with the changes when there isn't an official notification about it? It's like moving the finish line after the race has started.In my opinion, stars should be at the following levels:
7500... etc.But that is just my opinion. Your mileage may vary.

Okay, I really love Gillians star! No way I'm going to post like crazy to get it though. Weirdly enough, I've haven't been on here as much as usual.

750-a star
1500-a yellow star
2500-a pink star

I have no idea how many you need to get Gillians star, is it 4000 or 5000?

I'm sad for KG though. I would be so sad if my pink star disappeared.:(

What Ann was actually pointing out was that my star went from pink to gold with no warning and no indication of what happened.The point is that it seems the rules keep changing only we don't know they're changing, nor do we know what the new rules are.My star changed to pink on my 2500th post over the weekend. Now it's gone. Kristi, you have 2,701 posts and you're pink. I have 2,677 and I'm suddenly gold. Do we assume that the new milestone is 2,700 posts?How would we know that? Do we assume that 5,000 posts gives you a blue star with a halo? Owners apparently get purple. But again - how would we know that?

amy07 said:
I'd like to have one too! Guess I better get typing!
Steal mine.

Maybe everyone should - if everyone had a pink star avatar...

I would loveto get a gold star but it seems like it takes forever

You'll get there in time. That's the whole idea of the stars, I suppose, to show some seniority I suppose. The side effect are post w****s who post meaningless drivel just to get their counts up.As opposed to people like me who just post drivel for no particular reason.:D

I'm sorry KG. I knew you weren't whining... I intended my reply to be more silly than it came out. Sorry. :(

;) I just wanted everyone to see the satire and sarcasm that I'm trying to use about this silliness. ;)

OMG I love your "location" - "brought my own star" :D

Well no offense, but I can't stand pink. I was just wanting a filled star, now I just want the pretty blue one.

Gill, I love your blue halo!

Post like crazy, Amada - you're only 3,719 posts away!Well, today anyway. The rules might change when you get there.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
What Ann was actually pointing out was that my star went from pink to gold with no warning and no indication of what happened.

The point is that it seems the rules keep changing only we don't know they're changing, nor do we know what the new rules are.

My star changed to pink on my 2500th post over the weekend. Now it's gone. Kristi, you have 2,701 posts and you're pink. I have 2,677 and I'm suddenly gold. Do we assume that the new milestone is 2,700 posts?

How would we know that?

Do we assume that 5,000 posts gives you a blue star with a halo?

Owners apparently get purple. But again - how would we know that?

That was exactly my point. Rule changes are fine, as long as they are communicated. Yes, I know that it's just stars. It doesn't affect real life or how valuable (or silly) the things we share are. But there's a principle here. What if HO suddenly decided this month to change the TPC requirements for this year, and didn't let anyone know until they showed up at conference, only to be turned away from the achievers area?

chefann said:
That was exactly my point. Rule changes are fine, as long as they are communicated. Yes, I know that it's just stars. It doesn't affect real life or how valuable (or silly) the things we share are. But there's a principle here. What if HO suddenly decided this month to change the TPC requirements for this year, and didn't let anyone know until they showed up at conference, only to be turned away from the achievers area?
I agree! Back in the day, when the stars started you got the first one at 500 posts I believe. I think CS is taking the lead from PC with their new P3.

Don't you hate that everytime you log onto the PC website it says there are updates on P3??

Yes I do open it up inbetween! I hate seeing that stupid pop up and then there it is again!

The last time Greg changed the requirements he said that he was going to periodically change the star requirements so they would remain something of value- No one would care about stars if everyone had them!!

I do think there should be a "legend" somewhere so you can keep track of the requirements for each color, but I am sure that Greg has a lot more important things to do than be the star police...

pamperedalf said:
Well no offense, but I can't stand pink. I was just wanting a filled star, now I just want the pretty blue one.
Here ya go!

Attachments

• star-blue-AV.GIF
    star-blue-AV.GIF
    2.1 KB · Views: 393
gilliandanielle said:
The last time Greg changed the requirements he said that he was going to periodically change the star requirements so they would remain something of value- No one would care about stars if everyone had them!!

I do think there should be a "legend" somewhere so you can keep track of the requirements for each color, but I am sure that Greg has a lot more important things to do than be the star police...
Or screw around with stars in the first place.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Or screw around with stars in the first place.
Why did you loose your pink star?? I missed that i think.

No one knows. That's what prompted this whole thread.Maybe guys aren't supposed to use Mary Kay colors?

gilliandanielle said:

Once he sets the requirements for the star to change it automatically happens. I am sure he is not "policing" it at all. I agree that a legend would be great.

Personally I don't think the lower levels would need to ever change. We all get excited when we see the new one when it appears on Gilliandanielle's(since she is the all time high poster) so that keeps it "something of value".

I also don't think that they are very valuable anyway (just lots of fun!). So many just post to post and don't add value to the forum.

Of course, we could

all post like this

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
No one knows. That's what prompted this whole thread.

Maybe guys aren't supposed to use Mary Kay colors?
Not even when your DW sells it?

I think pink is sexy on a man!

to get our post counts up.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • Sell Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
sandra foy
  • BeaLorene
  • Sell Pampered Chef Items
Replies