• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

New Stainless Colander Question

In summary, the new stainless colander measures 11 inches in diameter and 5 inches in height. It is dishwasher safe and comes with a lifetime warranty. It is also heat resistant up to 500°F and has a capacity of 5 quarts, making it suitable for draining and straining large quantities of food.
gothim0802
I had a customer want to know can you use these to cook in also?

I'm confused by the customer's question. A colander is for draining. How, exactly, are they hoping to cook in it?

BTW, my initial reaction is no, that's not what they're designed for.

Perhaps for use as a steamer...My gut reaction is also no. Different solders are heat resistant to different temperatures/times and an item make for cooking would have to withstand longer sessions of higher heat than a colander is usually exposed to. But if she really wanted to know, you could write to the test kitchen and ask.

And if she's looking for a steamer, we have one of those, too.

No. We asked in the test kitchens and they said that they were not designed to be used in that way.

That was my initial answer too but wanted to ask. I did tell her there was a steamer though ;)

What are the dimensions of the new stainless colander?

The new stainless colander measures 11 inches in diameter and 5 inches in height.

Is the new stainless colander dishwasher safe?

Yes, the new stainless colander is dishwasher safe for easy cleaning.

Does the new stainless colander come with a warranty?

Yes, the new stainless colander comes with a lifetime warranty against any defects in materials or workmanship.

Can the new stainless colander be used for hot foods?

Yes, the new stainless colander is heat resistant up to 500°F and can be used for both hot and cold foods.

What is the capacity of the new stainless colander?

The new stainless colander has a capacity of 5 quarts, making it perfect for draining and straining large quantities of food.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Staci
  • reneeg18
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • ChefPaulaB
  • Products and Tips
Replies