• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Spring Products Do You Hope to See? Share Your Ideas!

In summary, Trish would like to see new pieces of silicone bakeware, flatware, a hanging pot rack, a donut shaped stone to make round cakes, a flour sifter, and glassware.
Wow you guys have awesome ideas!
I would like a mini-scraper. There are a few times those would come in handy.
I'd also like a bigger set of prep bowls, maybe a 4 pack of 2-cuppers. Sometimes I need to prep more than one cup! I LOVE the prep bowls!
I second/third/quintuple the different colored TTA and the oven mitts!
I'll keep thinking...your ideas are awesome! I can't wait to see what it is...hopefully in person!

kate-- i thought so but hubby want's a wok for some reason.. but he is hooked on the executive cookware :)

Okay, I was cooking and thought of a few more.
A spider, used to get veggies and delicate things out of water and oil.
A Salt Cellar! With a lid for Kosher salt. I have used Kosher salt for years, it is fantastic much better for you than that iodized junk. Has to have a lid though incase it is humid out.
A hand held microplane grater. I don't want to fiddle with the microplane adjustable grater for 1 nutmeg, ya know?
Some Heavy duty glasses. Really thick and heavy like the simple additions pieces. That would make me happy!
Also, I second the baby mini scraper idea, I have a non-pc one that I use all the time and it is also perfect for filling the decorator bottles!
Well, that's it for now :D

do?
gilliandanielle said:
Oh, pink scrapers would sell like hot cakes!

My director is on the product development committee as well, but she is tight lipped!

Do you also share our ideas??

How ya feelin'?

Thanks for the link and...
cmdtrgd said:
I would also like ceramic knives!!! And a great idea would be a folding up knife keeper thingie...like this
http://www.nextag.com/Kershaw-Shun-17-pocket-79659787/prices-html

CONGRATS ON BECOMING A DIRECTOR!!!

I want a new lid for the rectangle chillzanne! I have to use a rubberband to hold the lid in place when traveling (and same for the discontinued DDB and rectangle lids)! Unless I strap it into my insulated tote- love it!!I emailed HO the day that I got the new catty and saw the pic of the tote with the rectangle baker lid on... they didnt say much!Does anyone know if the new heavy duty stainless mixing bowl lid from the host special is being shipped with the stainless set now? If yes, I would buy replacement lids so that mine are all that thick!

speedychef said:
I'd also like a bigger set of prep bowls, maybe a 4 pack of 2-cuppers. Sometimes I need to prep more than one cup! I LOVE the prep bowls!

I love that idea. My prep bowls are nice but I do frequently need something larger.

lizcooks4u said:
CONGRATS ON BECOMING A DIRECTOR!!!

Thanks so much!

Okay, I just had an epiffany (sp?) about Simple Additions. What we need is a large round platter that is big enough in the middle to turn out a cake from the Family Skillet On the outside area, it should be the same as the dessert plates! Can you imagine the order of a Family Skillet, Dessert Plates and the new Round Platter? What do you all think?

Great Idea!!!
cmdtrgd said:
Okay, I just had an epiffany (sp?) about Simple Additions. What we need is a large round platter that is big enough in the middle to turn out a cake from the Family Skillet On the outside area, it should be the same as the dessert plates! Can you imagine the order of a Family Skillet, Dessert Plates and the new Round Platter? What do you all think?

I like that idea! That would tie the dessert plates & platter together!

I had someone at my show last Saturday who wanted black simple additions bowls. I think it would be nice to have a variety of colors of the bowls and platters that people could pick out and match together. I think I would sell more simple additions that way.

I like the round platter matching the dessert plates idea.

I want a knife block too!

janel kelly said:
I had someone at my show last Saturday who wanted black simple additions bowls. I think it would be nice to have a variety of colors of the bowls and platters that people could pick out and match together. I think I would sell more simple additions that way.

I know quite a few people who have black & stainless steel kitchens.

I also want the colored SA bowls to be for sale individually. I have several people who'd like 2 eggplant bowls or 2 cranberry ones.

I agree about the bowls. I have many people who want to put two same-colored ones in the small bowl caddy.

a knife block would be great. I've had people say they'd buy the set of forged cutlery if there were a block for them!

Definitely bring back the oven mitts!

I'd also like to see a smaller serrated knife. Something along a 5-6" length. I have one by another manufacturer, and use it ALL the time for tomatoes, bagels and such. A lot easier to use than the long one they have.

I like the idea of the cutlery block someone mentioned. But I don't see that coming any time soon.

And 'butter bells' are great! I have one. Growing up we had something similar on the farm. Nothing better than softened butter to put on your toast. (And REAL cream for your coffee!! Ah.... the memories)

I agree about the serrated bread knife. My MIL has been saying since I started how much she would love one for tomatoes. I didn't even think about it for bagels. That would be great. Even baguettes would be good with a smaller knife.

I, too, have had a lot of requests for a Salad Spinner.
Also, for the Small Serving Tongs to return.
I really like the ideas about 2-cup prep bowls and a 2 or 3 cup batter bowl and the lids for the Simple Additions pieces.

I wouldn't mind seeing a variation on something I bought from a store called The Kitchen Collection. It was a butter/margarine storage thing for inside your refrigerator door. Basically, you open a new stick of butter or margarine and put it inside this gadget. There are tablespoons and teaspoons marked off on the top and when you need a tablespoon you use the tool to push out the marg. to measure the amount and then push down on the top of the gadget and it cuts off the correct amount with a wire. I ended up buying two and marking one for margarine and one for butter. It is so much easier than trying to measure with the paper cover that comes on the stick of butter/marg.

amya said:
I wouldn't mind seeing a variation on something I bought from a store called The Kitchen Collection. It was a butter/margarine storage thing for inside your refrigerator door. Basically, you open a new stick of butter or margarine and put it inside this gadget. There are tablespoons and teaspoons marked off on the top and when you need a tablespoon you use the tool to push out the marg. to measure the amount and then push down on the top of the gadget and it cuts off the correct amount with a wire. I ended up buying two and marking one for margarine and one for butter. It is so much easier than trying to measure with the paper cover that comes on the stick of butter/marg.

I like that idea. Most of the time, the butter wrappers aren't sealed correctly so it's hard to measure.

pamperedgirl3 said:
I agree about the serrated bread knife. My MIL has been saying since I started how much she would love one for tomatoes. I didn't even think about it for bagels. That would be great. Even baguettes would be good with a smaller knife.

I would love for us to have a serrated knife much like the one Tupperware had years ago - it was called a Tomato Knife

This isn't a new product - I just wish they would go back to selling the nylon tools individually! I sell alot of the 8" saute pan - and I have in the past always been able to add on the small nylon spatula with it. Last night, my host showed me her nylon spoon which had fallen into the bottom of her dishwasher and melted in half - her warranty is up on it, and she can't replace just the spoon - she would have to buy all of the tools! the new nylon tools look pretty - but I find them a bit too big and unwieldy for alot of people - I just wish we had a choice!

ChefBeckyD said:
This isn't a new product - I just wish they would go back to selling the nylon tools individually! I sell alot of the 8" saute pan - and I have in the past always been able to add on the small nylon spatula with it. Last night, my host showed me her nylon spoon which had fallen into the bottom of her dishwasher and melted in half - her warranty is up on it, and she can't replace just the spoon - she would have to buy all of the tools! the new nylon tools look pretty - but I find them a bit too big and unwieldy for alot of people - I just wish we had a choice!

Yes, I agree. Since they grouped them, I have had several customers calling me looking for just one or two of the tools individually.

I agree about the nylon tools. I've only sold one or two sets this season. I have a customer who would like a lid for the 8" saute pan.

pamperedgirl3 said:
I agree about the nylon tools. I've only sold one or two sets this season. I have a customer who would like a lid for the 8" saute pan.

Ooooh - a lid for the 8" -- that's a great idea!

Oh, yes. A lid would be great!

I would like to see a cookbook with comfort foods/southern/country foods.

I too have had requests for a salad spinner, the covered baker in a different color, the old oven mitts back and new silicone pieces. I have also had requests for a smaller pie shield. Most say they can't get it to fit right. I suggest a nylon type knife so that we can make lasagna in the roasting pan!

Shawnna said:

I would LOVE a cookbook like that! Where I live, no one is really impressed with the fancy recipes. They want something easy to make & with few frills.

Who Would Want Stainless Steel Cookware?
Chef Kearns said:
Could someone tell me why you would want Stainless Steel cookware? I love our non-stick cookware and do not think I would want to go back to using cookware that has to soak or where my food was sticking all the time. So why would someone prefer or need Stainless Steel?

Please educate me.

I also love our non-stick cookware. The executive pieces are phenomenal. That said, there are many times I get out my good stainless steel pan. There's nothing better for making steaks or chops with reduction sauces. The non-stick doesn't allow a good fond to develop. (Fond is the crunchy bits that stay in the pan, especially after you've seared a piece of meat at a high temperature, which is a no-no with non-stick. Basically, it's concentrated little nuggets of flavor.) Because the bits don't really stick to the non-stick, sauces made in non-stick pan don't have the deep, rich flavor of those cooked in stainless steel.

My head is spinning. You guys and gals have some great ideas!

I never thought about it until I was reading this thread, but a teapot with matching creamer and sugar bowl would be fabulous! I love giving tea parties, and the SA stuff has been wonderful for setting a pretty table. I have a white teapot that works well with it, but something that matched would be even better!

Lids for simple additions, the fly swatter back, love the idea of canisters..., hanging pot rack, lids for stoneware, recipe organizer, grease remover for soups. Less expensive every day dishes.

raebates said:
Fond is the crunchy bits that stay in the pan.

Yes! Love that, and miss it because I got rid of my other, non-PC pots and pans!

Yes! Yes! Please bring back the Super Swat! I loved it. My guests loved it. I miss it so!

I haven't kept up on this whole thread, but I am tired of people asking me if we have a candy thermometer. It would save my sanity if we had one! That is what I am hoping for...

Shawnna said:

I know it isn't PC, but have you looked at any books from Paula Deen? I just got mine and its SIGNED by Jamie and Bobby Deen. And they even drew hearts on it for me! I am hoping to cook some southerny things fro my husband.

DebbieJ said:
I like the looks of Tupperware's Spoon Rest because it also has a spot to hold your lid from your pot. If PC could improve on that and bring it out, I would jump on it!
I totally agree--a pot lid holder to go along with the spoon rest would be nice. I would also like some sort of carrier for a cake, but mostly I want an improved garlic press that minces and slices garlic. I sent my suggestion to product dev. after seeing one on the cover of a Sur la Table catalog.

I'm curious-- What was special about the fly swatter?

I had a host whose dad had invented the coolest kitchen gadget, but she said that it had already been presented to PC and rejected. It's a very sturdy nylon to not scratch non-stick surfaces, and it's X-shaped on the bottom so you can chop up your ground beef while you're browning it. She gave me one and it is a favorite for sure.

KimmyDarling said:
I'm curious-- What was special about the fly swatter?

You mean besides the fact that it has a little dust pan for the little things;) or the tweezers i guess to get where the others cant :cool:

Paige Dixon said:
I had a host whose dad had invented the coolest kitchen gadget, but she said that it had already been presented to PC and rejected. It's a very sturdy nylon to not scratch non-stick surfaces, and it's X-shaped on the bottom so you can chop up your ground beef while you're browning it. She gave me one and it is a favorite for sure.

That sounds pretty neat!

Ginger428 said:
You mean besides the fact that it has a little dust pan for the little things;) or the tweezers i guess to get where the others cant :cool:

Did it really? How clever!!! Leave it Pampered Chef... ;)

I would like the timer to have a wider clip with a stronger magnet. My husband wants the bottle basting brush to hold a full bottle of BBQ sauce and have a lid to store in the fridge.

Melissa

New Pampered Chef itemsMy husband loves to tease me and every time I use a kitchen tool that is not PC he will say:
"Is that a PC tool? Why are you using that? I'm going to call and report you to the PC police!"
So I have kept track of some things I use in my home alot that are not PC but I would love PC to make them:

I'm not sure what it's called but I use it to remove food that I am frying! It's like a basket kind of with holes all in it.

I would love some carrying containers for my pies, cakes, cupcakes, etc.. with handles to transport things.

A knife block. I know there was a discussion on another thread about this but I can't remember which one. :confused:

A jumbo muffin stone!

The small serving tongs back on sale!!!

Colored scrapers!! Not just the classic!!

I want to buy a pot/pan rack for my kitchen. I know PC doesn't make things like Southern Living or even Taste of Home now but it would be nice. They have some nice wrought iron serving trays, candle holders and center pieces.

Debbie :D

I have a host who owns a coffee house & would LOVE a jumbo muffin stone!

pamperedgirl3 said:
I have a host who owns a coffee house & would LOVE a jumbo muffin stone!
Yes! Me Too!!! (I don't mean own the coffee house - I would just LOVE the Jumbo Muffin Stone!!)

You know what PC really really needs is a full color Spanish cookbook. I have had to translate so many recipes from our different cookbooks for clients (all in the name of Good Customer Care). I wrote PC in Oct when I signed about the Dec special--how many spanish-only clients can I motivate to spend $60 to get a cookbook they can't read?-or worse that I'll end of translating for hours.

MGG said:
You know what PC really really needs is a full color Spanish cookbook. I have had to translate so many recipes from our different cookbooks for clients (all in the name of Good Customer Care). I wrote PC in Oct when I signed about the Dec special--how many spanish-only clients can I motivate to spend $60 to get a cookbook they can't read?-or worse that I'll end of translating for hours.

They should AT LEAST have an alternative guest special for Spanish Speaking guests! I never thought of that - but it does seem a bit unfair!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
mspibb
Replies
Views
Jasmine
Replies
Views
mspibb
  • babywings76
  • Products and Tips