• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Shop the Latest Spring Collection on Ebay - See for Yourself at michael32785

In summary, Michael32785 says that he does not have a Pampered Chef catalog, but he is willing to replace something if it is wrong within a reasonable amount of time.
While I don't agree with selling on EBAY (don't really care, to tell the truth) I do sort of agree with this statement -

"Frankly, I think its ridiculous that PC allows NSEDs to advertise online and not average joe consultants, they are the ones that need the advertisement, not the bigtime sellers. "

While I do agree that those NSED have worked HARD to get where they are and deserve some extra "privelige", why make it even easier for THEM to obtain customers when those leads could give lowly little consultants like most of us on this board a fair chance to get where they are? Isn't the point of home office support to help us ALL succeed? I tend to think that NSED don't need the occasional show lead when they have upwards of 20 or more directors and 100s of consultants working underneath them.

I agree with you PPrincess. I try not to dwell on it too much or often, because I truly enjoy what I do. At the Director level even you get the Home Office leads. While it is an awesome perk to have as a Director it doesn't make sense to me a Future Director to miss out on those business building opportunities.

However; I can see this thought process as a possible argument for it. By working hard to gain that Leadership status The Pampered Chef now knows that you (we) are serious about our business so that we wouldn't squander the leads.

My hospitality received 3 home office recruit leads this past Jan. I was happy for her, but a little frustrated at my own status.

All the more reason for us to work harder to gain such status, I guess!

What a great incentive though!

WOW..the infamous
pcsalesgrl said:
I am not a consultant and therefore don't have a "company policy" to dictate what and where I can and cannot sell. Frankly, I think its ridiculous that PC allows NSEDs to advertise online and not average joe consultants, they are the ones that need the advertisement, not the bigtime sellers. PC is keeping you from being able to even advertise online for THEIR products. And then you PAY for a website from them?!?! How are you ever supposed to direct sales towards your website when you can't get it outside your e-mail group? You'd think PC would throw a bone to the struggling consultants rather than enabling only the NSEDs to take advantage of the largest and fastest growing marketplace.

And I agree with Wendy and Debbi, you are decieving buyers and wasting your own time contacting ebay sellers. Maybe a few small sellers will get shut down, but the long-term ones are still out there and will continue to sell. If you want to continue contacting them and baiting them, go ahead, I was just offering some friendly advice. Again, if you don't want to hear it, disregard it and we sellers will continue lurking.

PC Salesgirl is back...thought we had seen the last of you. :rolleyes:

Just so you know, you might want to keep yourself updated to company policies. No consultant of any level is allowed to advertise online! From our policies and procedures, "Consultants of every level are prohibited from linking to Personal Web Sites. This includes both sponsored links and banner ads that you pay for, as well as non-sponsored liks that you don't pay for."

So, PC Salesgirl...as I said before...goodbye and have a nice life.

Well, Ms. FruitLoop, I've never left, I've simply not posted. As I have mentioned too many times to count, we sellers read all the posts on this website and others as well. And yet AGAIN, I do have a nice life and I thank you for your well-wishes, I wish the same for you. I do not say that with sarcasm as I'm sure you mean it, I sincerely wish you well with your business. It is up to you to continue to work for PC, I simply chose to not support such a company after the Berkshire Hathaway purchase of PC. I really didn't want to be a part of a $9 million donation to pro-choice causes, especially after having my own child that I fought so hard to have. Being unable to work outside the house at all, I have done what is necessary to keep us out of the poverty line. I also find it disturbing that PC would offer a website to consulants (at a premium price, of course) and then prohibit them from driving traffic to that through outside sales or advertisement. ONLY the "more important" (the way PC treats them, not my opinion) NSED's are allowed to sell online. I believe there was another thread mentioning how there was a NSED selling items on Amazon.com, but she was ALLOWED to do so since she was at that status. That sounds very odd considering PC would benefit from the sales Of course, we all have opinions and I am only stating mine. I had $20,000 in sales in December on eBay and was able to stay home with my kids, so it works well for me.

As for the advertising online, you might want to do your own research, here are just a few links I found by doing a simple Google search:
Shan Eisler's advertising: http://www.internetbasedmoms.com/direct-sales/pampered-chef-consultant.html#chat

http://searchwarp.com/swa28533.htm

http://www.baking911.com/asksarahbb/viewtopic.php?p=5973&

http://ottawa.kijiji.ca/c-ViewAd-W0QQAdIdZ2360763

The list goes on and on...so try doing the same thing when you are not a NSED and see how long PC lets it stay on there. My opinions are my own, you are welcome to yours. I find I make more money in less time and that works for me in the rural location that I am in. You seem to be doing well enough, so good luck in your enterprise and be sure to let me know when you become a NSED so I can congratulate you. And on this subject I am now done.

And if any of you would like for me to refer you to ebay customers that are looking for warranty covered items, please private message me and we can chat. Otherwise, I'm done posting for a while. Good luck all of you, I wish you high sales and many recruits!

That makes no sense!!!!! You say you do not want to support PC because of it's contributions to Pro choice but then you are buying PC products and selling them! THATS SUPPORTING PC! :confused:

Still misinformed...
pcsalesgrl said:
I simply chose to not support such a company after the Berkshire Hathaway purchase of PC. I really didn't want to be a part of a $9 million donation to pro-choice causes, especially after having my own child that I fought so hard to have.

pcsalesgirl,

You are still misinformed. Here is a press release that you can find by googling Pampered Chef & Warren Buffet. You can see it states that in fact PC does not support pro-choice causes!

"In October 2002, Berkshire Hathaway acquired The Pampered Chef, a kitchen products company which vends items at in-home cooking demonstrations known as Kitchen Shows and is run by kitchen consultants (its name for the members of its sale force). More than one million of these events were held in the United States in 2002, and Pampered Chef has annual sales in excess of $700 million.

Besides Pampered Chef, Berkshire Hathaway owns a number of businesses outright (including Dairy Queen, Fruit of the Loom, Geico Insurance, and See's Candies) and also has significant holdings in some very large corporations, including Coca-Cola.

The motive force behind Berkshire Hathaway is its chairman and chief executive, Warren Buffett. Although Buffett is reckoned to be the second wealthiest man in the world, he still lives in the Omaha, Nebraska, home he purchased for $31,500 in 1958. His charitable organization, the Buffett Foundation, currently has $25.3 million in assets, and these holdings are expected to swell to $36 billion when Buffett and his wife die and their shares in Berkshire Hathaway go to the Buffett Foundation, which will make it the richest charitable foundation in the world.

About 60 percent of the $33.4 million bestowed by the Buffett Foundation in fiscal year 2001 went toward family planning, reproductive rights, and population control programs operated by organizations such as Planned Parenthood, Johns Hopkins University, and the United Nations in accordance with Warren Buffett's beliefs that population growth must be checked before exceeding a level sustainable by the earth's resources. The Buffett Foundation also funds a number of college scholarships and awards in recognition of exemplary teachers.

In July 2003 Berkshire Hathaway announced the end of its shareholder-designated contribution program, through which holders of A shares in Berkshire Hathaway could select the charities to which Berkshire Hathaway would donate funds. It noted the shareholders' choices of certain charities (including some of Buffett's choices) had caused "harmful criticism" to be directed at Pampered Chef and cited that criticism as the reason for ending the donations program. Berkshire said all its subsidiaries will continue to support local charities under direction of their local managers.

What all this means is that Berkshire Hathaway itself no longer contributes money directly to various charities (controversial or otherwise) designated by its shareholders. "

Now, what Warren Buffet does with his profit from Pampered Chef is not known to me. But surely other companies you purchase from support causes you may not agree with. Like his other companies..such as fruit of the loom, Geico or Coca-cola??

So before you judge others, you might want to get your facts straight. One question, if you do not support PC then why do you sell PC products on Ebay? PC still makes their profit whether sold through valid Kitchen Consultants or through you.

pcsalesgrl said:
ONLY the "more important" (the way PC treats them, not my opinion) NSED's are allowed to sell online. I believe there was another thread mentioning how there was a NSED selling items on Amazon.com, but she was ALLOWED to do so since she was at that status. That sounds very odd considering PC would benefit from the sales Of course, we all have opinions and I am only stating mine. I had $20,000 in sales in December on eBay and was able to stay home with my kids, so it works well for me.

The new website policy is in effect February 1st. And for those who disregard the policy that is their choice. I know that my NED had trouble removing her paid ads, so I give everyone the benefit of the doubt.

Congratulations on staying at home with your kids and having wonderful sales online. But I don't understand why you post here stirring the pot??

Last edited:
Berkshire Hathaway RumorOkay. I've been watching this thread with interest, but now I have to post. I absolute HATE this rumor. I have attached information regarding it. TPC money is not used to support pro-choice causes.

PCSalesGirl, you have quite a bit of outdated information (like about the National Executive Directors. They are no longer called NSEDs, and they are not allowed to advertise on the net either.) I suggest you learn a little bit more about what you are talking about before you post again.

Just my two cents.

Attachments

• berkshire press release.pdf
    6.8 KB · Views: 416
Last edited:
Thank you Nicole and Marlene for being so well informed and ready to fire back!

One last thought...On the subject of advertising on line: I for one am glad that we are not able to. A website is an OPTION, and it is not a premium price ($70 for one year = less than $6 a month). With over 70,000 consultants worldwide, if we were all advertising on line, no one could ever find us. I did a business where all we did was online (starts with "M", ands ends with "elaluca"), and getting people your information when EVERYONE else was doing the same things was next to impossible.

TPC was and always will be a company founded on relationships with our customers. That is one of the reasons that TPC stands out in this line of business. When we treat our customers with respect and honor, not only do they continue to do business with us, they refer others to do business with us. That is how our business grows...not by advertising online.

That's all. Thanks for "listening".

luvs2sellit said:
Thank you Nicole and Marlene for being so well informed and ready to fire back!
Ditto!! You guys are right on target!

Here's an idea...Let's ask questions and research issues before making hostile rebuttals! Ensuring that you are wholly informed will prevent your missing the mark completely.
nikked: Please note the following link on a current PC page: http://www.pamperedchef.com/our_company/consultants.html
"There are levels of field management within The Pampered Chef organization to suit all styles of entrepreneurial ambition — beginning with Kitchen Consultant and advancing up to National Senior Executive Director."
If this has changed, obviously PC hasn't even had time to inform tech support. Maybe it wouldn't be a surprise that an individual isn't up on the current lingo, which wasn't even the issue to begin with.
Regarding the abortion/BH issue, it is NOT A RUMOR, it is the history of the company you work for. Please note the following article from 2003: "Last year [2002], Pampered Chef’s revenues topped $740 million. In the fall of 2002, these impressive figures spurred Warren Buffett, CEO of Berkshire Hathaway, to purchase the company. Buffett’s motives for the company are far different than Christopher’s. Warren Buffet serves as one of the abortion industry’s top financiers. In 2002, Buffet donated over $11 million to the abortion industry. In 2001, Buffett donated over $9 million to Planned Parenthood, the world’s largest abortion provider." I stopped selling upon learning of this issue and began selling again (on Ebay this time) when they annouced in July of 2003 that they would no longer use PC profit towards pro-choice orgs. At that time we were living in too rural an area to be able to make a living as a consultant. There are not enough people in my entire county to be able to depend on local sales. And that is why I feel so strongly about the internet website issue: It is my opinion that the internet has opened up a global marketplace where there are infinite numbers of people looking to buy PC products (among other things). I feel that Pc has hampered your ability to take advantage of this. but AGAIN that is my opinion.

And last, Ms. FruitLoop, we are becoming old friends are we not? I did not judge anyone in my posts, I simply stated that I chose not to work for PC while they were still allowing their proceeds to go towards Planned Parenthood. You and nikkied seem to be misinformed regarding the PC/BH pro-choice donations: "TPC money is not used to support pro-choice causes."
"You can see it states that in fact PC does not support pro-choice causes!"
The complete truth would be that PC NO LONGER supports pro-choice causes.

I do my best to keep my finger on the pulse of major issues that I have a strong belief in. No one of us is without sin and I don't feel that I'm any better or worse than anyone here. It is not for me to judge, that will come later. I do what I can to avoid financially supporting a cause I don't agree with, that is my prerogative. I do not buy Kraft, Johnson&Johnson, & Proctor&Gamble products, for example. I do not choose to "stir the pot" or rub your nose in my success, I posted only to be helpful. Obviously, you are not open to my advice. Maybe my amiable attitude did not convey with the post I left. Either way, I'm not here to point the finger or to judge, only to help and keep up on PC products, etc.

As for the other, more understanding and agreeable consultants, as I stated before. I have a list of e-mail addresses and websites of consultants that I am happy to pass along when an eBay member asks about warranties and wanting to do custom orders. I have recieved a few very kind pm's offering their info and if you would like to be added to the list, let me know and I will add you. I believe in working together and am happy to help where I can. Maybe if we move back to a more populated area I will be able to become a legit consultant again, but at this time it is simply not an option.

Sorry ladies for the long post, there were just too many issues to be dealt with.

Perhaps Popeye said it best: "I am what I am, and that's what I am."

you crack me up pcsalesgrl! :D I thought your last post for a while was earlier today.

Pcsalesgrl, you have way too much time on your hands. Why are you so hostle to us if you are only trying to help? I think you enjoy the battle. People like you just stir the kettle, sometimes even burning the contents and never serve the meal.

I love working with this company and I work with integrety. I don't know all the reasons behind the restrictions they place on consultants but I'm sure one it that our sales field contains all levels of experience and the newest in sales need a lot of guidelines. Our company is a work in progress and is always growing and with growth comes growing pains. I am not happy with every decision made but I don't know any person let alone company that anyone agrees TOTALLY with.

No the abortion issue is not a rumor but it has been addressed both in the board room and on the stage at our conferences. Pampered Chef listened to its consultants and customers and took steps to end the issue. Looking back at past articles does not give the complete story.

I have real issues with what you are doing as far as taking names to give eBay contacts to. Just feels wrong.

Oh, and if you have so many contacts why aren't you selling to them? And by the way... where ARE you getting all that Pampered Chef that you're selling on eBay anyway?

I know luv2sellit, I just need to make the lawyer in me sit and be good. I know everyone has their opinions, but I am one who fights for what they believe in and sometimes I let my feelings get the most of me. I will do good on my word and shush on this issue. Locking up and throwing away the key! :eek:

Last edited:
well-he must not have gotten into trouble, because he is an active seller on ebay again
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZmichael32785QQhtZ-1

flybutter said:
michael32785 and coco2640 are both "no longer a registered users" now. P.C. is all over this I think. ed7136 is selling executive cookware and the balloon whisk and I bet he'll be off eBay soon too. Watching over eBay is probably a pretty daunting task but I bet HO has been waiting to pounce on the new Spring products.

michael32785 is back as a Power Seller on E-bay!

I spoke with HO about the e-bay issue a few years ago and was not happy with the response HO gave me. They replied that I could collect the consultant's name and information and they would speak with them about the internet rules.

I wasn't under the impression that the sellers would be very scared of HO.

I had looked at this issue and saw that many sellers offered shipping at the same rate as the direct shipping cost from PC, indicating to me that they are definately consultants who don't even have the products on hand. They are waiting for the auction to end and them placing the order, having them shipped directly from PC. After observing what the items are selling for, I can't imagine that the sellers are really making much money doing it, however, they are in deed earning free trips and other incentives.

It's not fair to the company because "The Show's the Thing". If everyone knew they could get products on ebay rather than attending shows, it will certainly hurt show attendance. And customers will have a much harder time getting excited and educated about the products and ideas without the show.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• spoiledchef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
michelle5959
  • Chef Bobby
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
  • christinaspc