• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Simple Additions: Comparing Corelle to Lighter Dishes

In summary, the Simple Additions are thinner than Corelle, have a mar resistant design, and are porcelain. They are said to be chip resistant and oven-safe to 250F. They are available in white or black.
ashley olson said:
Can anyone tell me, are these dishes smooth on the bottom? I have a customer who is interested and here is her question:

Here is a questions for you about the pc plates. Have you lifted them up......are they heavy? I have the platter and it is fairly chunky (i like it alot) but for plates I would want a medium weight and I am curious as to whether you know how heavy they feel. I also need to know how smooth the base is....my table mars easily and unfinished ceramic edges would do damage.

Thank you for any help!
They are light weight, slightly heavier than corelle. There is a ridge on the bottom that isn't glazed but its pretty smooth. I haven't noticed any marks from mine and I've had them since they came out.

After a year and a half with two kiddos (one is autistic and has no concept of careful) I still love these dishes! No marks and only one small chip on a salad plate. I never wanted white dinnerware, but now that I have them I would never go back...food looks better. Weird right? I hop they keep these around.

I love the look, but I am hesitant to buy more. My kids dropped a bowl and broke it into a million pieces. At least my Corelle can take a lickin' and keep on tickin'!

I had corelle for several years. A plate fell from the cabinet to the counter and shattered. I had several cuts all over my face. Never used them again. There are no unbreakable dishes, but I think when corelle breaks its kinda scary.

I had a set of Corelle for over 25 years, then finally got rid of it - had grown to hate the color and pattern. Then after a while my DH missed it so I got a few white pieces. Unlike the older stuff the newer stuff chips or rather, and worse, it breaks off in shreds. I can't think of the right word but longer short pieces, not just a chip. ...oh and I LOVE our dishes!

BethCooks4U said:
I had a set of Corelle for over 25 years, then finally got rid of it - had grown to hate the color and pattern. Then after a while my DH missed it so I got a few white pieces. Unlike the older stuff the newer stuff chips or rather, and worse, it breaks off in shreds. I can't think of the right word but longer short pieces, not just a chip. ...oh and I LOVE our dishes!
I have old ones.....most of them are 15-20 yrs old....so I am sure, when they break, it will be lovely.
I didnt figure the newer stuff in stores would be as good. When I do have to buy dishes, it will likely be PCs. By then, my boys wont be as young and clutzy. :D

They are awesome (the PC ones). I am the queens of chipping dishes - always clanking them into each other. Haven't had a single chip in them. No marks either. Perfect! These will last a really long time. I plan to get a few more pieces.

I love the "pasta" bowls for salads!

<h2>1. What is Simple Additions and how is it different from other dishes?</h2><p>Simple Additions is a line of dinnerware and serving pieces designed for everyday use. They are made from a lightweight material that is both durable and versatile, making them ideal for everyday use as well as special occasions. This lightweight material is what sets Simple Additions apart from other dishes, including Corelle, which is known for its durability but can be heavy and bulky.</p><h2>2. Can you tell me more about the durability of Simple Additions compared to Corelle?</h2><p>Simple Additions dishes are made from a durable material that is resistant to chipping, cracking, and breaking. While Corelle dishes are also known for their durability, Simple Additions dishes are lighter and therefore less likely to break if dropped. However, both dishes are designed to withstand everyday use and are dishwasher safe for easy cleaning.</p><h2>3. How does the weight of Simple Additions compare to Corelle?</h2><p>Simple Additions dishes are significantly lighter than Corelle dishes. While Corelle dishes can feel heavy and bulky, Simple Additions dishes are designed to be lightweight and easy to handle. This makes them a great option for those who prefer lighter dishes or have difficulty lifting heavier dishes.</p><h2>4. Are Simple Additions dishes similar in appearance to Corelle dishes?</h2><p>While both Simple Additions and Corelle dishes have a simple and classic design, there are some differences in their appearance. Simple Additions dishes have a more modern look with clean lines and a sleek finish, while Corelle dishes have a more traditional and timeless look. However, both are available in a variety of patterns and colors to suit any style.</p><h2>5. Can you use Simple Additions dishes in the microwave and oven?</h2><p>Yes, Simple Additions dishes are microwave and oven safe, just like Corelle dishes. They are designed to withstand high temperatures without cracking or breaking, making them a convenient option for heating up leftovers or cooking dishes in the oven. However, it is important to note that some pieces, such as the metal serving pieces, should not be used in the microwave or oven.</p>

1. What is Simple Additions and how is it different from other dishes?

Simple Additions is a line of dinnerware and serving pieces designed for everyday use. They are made from a lightweight material that is both durable and versatile, making them ideal for everyday use as well as special occasions. This lightweight material is what sets Simple Additions apart from other dishes, including Corelle, which is known for its durability but can be heavy and bulky.

2. Can you tell me more about the durability of Simple Additions compared to Corelle?

Simple Additions dishes are made from a durable material that is resistant to chipping, cracking, and breaking. While Corelle dishes are also known for their durability, Simple Additions dishes are lighter and therefore less likely to break if dropped. However, both dishes are designed to withstand everyday use and are dishwasher safe for easy cleaning.

3. How does the weight of Simple Additions compare to Corelle?

Simple Additions dishes are significantly lighter than Corelle dishes. While Corelle dishes can feel heavy and bulky, Simple Additions dishes are designed to be lightweight and easy to handle. This makes them a great option for those who prefer lighter dishes or have difficulty lifting heavier dishes.

4. Are Simple Additions dishes similar in appearance to Corelle dishes?

While both Simple Additions and Corelle dishes have a simple and classic design, there are some differences in their appearance. Simple Additions dishes have a more modern look with clean lines and a sleek finish, while Corelle dishes have a more traditional and timeless look. However, both are available in a variety of patterns and colors to suit any style.

5. Can you use Simple Additions dishes in the microwave and oven?

Yes, Simple Additions dishes are microwave and oven safe, just like Corelle dishes. They are designed to withstand high temperatures without cracking or breaking, making them a convenient option for heating up leftovers or cooking dishes in the oven. However, it is important to note that some pieces, such as the metal serving pieces, should not be used in the microwave or oven.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefMoore
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • KimmyDarling
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
KimmyDarling
  • Belle4562