• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Streamlined Shipping Procedures: Managing Expectations and Efficiency

In summary, the new delivery service is supposed to be faster, but it has taken longer for some orders than it has in the past.
gailz2
Gold Member
Okay, I understand the financial need for the new shipment procedures, but it sure was nice when we placed an order and received it within a week or less. I placed a personal order (replacement items I lost along the way) on 6/12. Shipment status says it was shipped 6/18 and I'll receive it 6/25. I know it is still within 2 weeks, but hey, I'm spoiled.:grumpy: Shipping used to occur within 2 days, not 6, on personal orders.

I kno what you mean. My hostess pinepple wedger took a senic tour of the US. Took forever to get it to her.

Um ... what are you talking about? I just submitted a show and I am NERVOUS.

i too noticed that the pineapple wedger took quiet a few turns to get to my host as well! And OVER two weeks!

Here is what they are talking about:

New Delivery Service for Small Supply Orders In a continuing effort to minimize freight and handling cost to you and your customers, we partnered with FedEx SMARTPOST as our carrier for orders five pounds or less. This would include supply orders, samples, personal orders and boosters. SMARTPOST delivers your order to the post office nearest your residence, and then the U.S. Postal Service completes the delivery. The Pampered Chef® has used FedEx SMARTPOST extensively and we are very pleased with its reliability. Tracking is performed in the same manner as a normal FedEx Ground delivery. You may encounter up to an additional 2 days of transit time. In addition, you may now select to expedite supply orders by choosing FedEx Next Day or Second Day delivery services at the current published rates.
The way I read that, this would not apply to Show orders. It probably affects the Product Adjustments and Backorders because they would be considered "boosters"?? but they'll still get the products. And remember, Shipping times have always been told to be 2-3 weeks...we are just spoiled that it rarely ever takes more than 1-2 weeks. So don't promise something to your hosts beyond that 2-3 weeks, and let them be very surprised when things arrive sooner! :D

Di_Can_Cook said:
Um ... what are you talking about? I just submitted a show and I am NERVOUS.

From the June 9th NewsWire:

New Delivery Service for Small Supply Orders
In a continuing effort to minimize freight and handling cost to you and your customers, we partnered with FedEx SMARTPOST as our carrier for orders five pounds or less. This would include supply orders, samples, personal orders and boosters.

SMARTPOST delivers your order to the post office nearest your residence, and then the U.S. Postal Service completes the delivery. The Pampered Chef® has used FedEx SMARTPOST extensively and we are very pleased with its reliability. Tracking is performed in the same manner as a normal FedEx Ground delivery. You may encounter up to an additional 2 days of transit time.

In addition, you may now select to expedite supply orders by choosing FedEx Next Day or Second Day delivery services at the current published rates.

OK ... as long as it doesn't mess up my show. I have a customer who needs their item quickly. It is a gift.

If they take 4-5 days to get around to picking it, it should still be on my door 2 days after they do.

They do it with back orders & replacements. They don't charge shipping for replacements, so they send it cheap...;)

It sure used to be nice to get our personal supply orders within the week if you needed it for a show. I placed the order 6/12 and still don't have it (I started this thread). All the pineapple wedgers my guests order are backordered then received late.

I placed an order last week (samples) on Monday morning and everything arrived 2 days later (Wednesday). Oddly enough, there was a pineapple wedger in there however I just placed a show order last night and they are listed as still being on back order (but not listed on the list on CC). I'll be super excited if all of my orders come in 2 days.

I ordered something from Cafepress, which was shipped via UPS, but sent SmartPost. The last time an entry was made for the tracking was on 6/10 - 11 days later, and I still don't have it, or even know where it is (and, truly, I don't think it would take 11 days to get from DC to where I live in VA - since we're only about an hour and a half away!!). :cry::cry:

Fortunately, I don't need it for another 3 weeks, but it sure would be nice to have it sooner than later. I just sent an e-mail to UPS asking them to find out what happened to it.

pampchefsarah said:
I ordered something from Cafepress, which was shipped via UPS, but sent SmartPost. The last time an entry was made for the tracking was on 6/10 - 11 days later, and I still don't have it, or even know where it is (and, truly, I don't think it would take 11 days to get from DC to where I live in VA - since we're only about an hour and a half away!!). :cry::cry:

Fortunately, I don't need it for another 3 weeks, but it sure would be nice to have it sooner than later. I just sent an e-mail to UPS asking them to find out what happened to it.

Amazing it is taking soooooo long!! What a shame. Even when I just mail something from the post office it arrives most anywhere in 2-3 days.

Would you believe I ordered my CS button on Monday and had it Friday. I would check on it!

Hmm, Jane, that's exactly what I was talking about, too. I didn't want to say anything, because I didn't want to discourage anyone for ordering it - but, if you got your's so fast, I must just be a fluke. They're pretty inexpensive, though - maybe, I should order another one. I'm sure Ann won't mind!

gailz2 said:
It sure used to be nice to get our personal supply orders within the week if you needed it for a show. I placed the order 6/12 and still don't have it (I started this thread).

All the pineapple wedgers my guests order are backordered then received late.

I placed a supply order on Thurs and got it Sat.

Some of my backordered pineapple wedgers have been shipped USPS instead of FedEx and they did take a tad longer, but not much.

I guess it helps that I live in IL. :)

I don't like it that we now have to rely on the postal service. Good grief. I have more trouble with the postal service than any shipping service ever. Since 911 the big post office in Wilburton sends everything to Tulsa first and then on to wherever it is suppose to go...even if it is going to a Wilburton address. And, I get my neighbors mail all the time here at home...I live on a rural route. I always stick it back in my box or take it directly to the person...but I wonder if my mail is going somewhere else and getting thrown in the trash. It seems like I don't get things that was suppose to be mailed a lot.

pcchefjane said:
Would you believe I ordered my CS button on Monday and had it Friday. I would check on it!

Okay, what is a CS button? Is this a catalog item I can't figure out? I've never heard of it.

My CS button also came really fast, in about a week.

1. What is the process for receiving a new shipment?

The process for receiving a new shipment involves the following steps:

• 1. The shipment is received at the designated receiving area.
  • 2. The boxes are opened and the contents are checked against the packing slip.
  • 3. Any discrepancies or damages are documented and reported to the supplier.
  • 4. The items are then organized and sorted according to their designated storage area.
  • 5. The inventory system is updated to reflect the new items received.

2. How long does it take for a new shipment to be processed and added to inventory?

The processing time for a new shipment depends on the size and contents of the shipment. On average, it takes 1-2 business days for a new shipment to be fully processed and added to inventory.

3. Can I request for a specific delivery date for a new shipment?

Yes, you can request for a specific delivery date for a new shipment. Please provide us with the details and we will do our best to accommodate your request.

4. Are there any additional fees for receiving a new shipment?

No, there are no additional fees for receiving a new shipment. The shipping and handling costs are already included in the price of the products.

5. What should I do if I receive damaged items in a new shipment?

If you receive damaged items in a new shipment, please document the damages and report them to the supplier immediately. We will work with the supplier to resolve the issue and ensure you receive a replacement or refund for the damaged items.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
katie0128
Replies
Views
3girls
  • esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Crystal Patton