• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Troubleshooting Herb Stripper Shears: Spring Issues

In summary, the old ones cut through EVERYTHING while the new ones do not quite as well with thin plastic. The new ones also barely make it through a plastic bag.
Kathytnt
Is is supposed to still have the spring action as before?? I love the herb stripper but the shears do not seem to open very far without the spring action. Is mine working correctly???

I have a hard time cutting thru plastic bags (frozen veggies and cereal) with mine. This is even my second pair. Anybody else having the same problem. I didn't have the old ones, so sorry don't know how they compare.

It snips my parsley but doesn't open very far

amy07 said:
I have a hard time cutting thru plastic bags (frozen veggies and cereal) with mine. This is even my second pair. Anybody else having the same problem. I didn't have the old ones, so sorry don't know how they compare.

The old ones cut through EVERYTHING!! I love them and didn't have a problem with them at all. I bought it 6 years ago and they are still awesome. I didn't earn the new ones but from all the stories I've heard, I'm afraid to sell them!

I HATE them! The old ones are far superior - and I'm all for being positive...but I'm not promoting something that is poor quality! I'm on my 2nd pair also, and still can't even cut through a plastic bag with them......I think if you have to go through several pair to get one that works right, why bother? I still use my old pair every day, and they cut through anything and everything!

No, they don't spring open quite as far, but that hasn't caused me any problems. As a matter of fact, that's one of the things I like. I have small hands and the old ones, which I loved, sometimes sprang out of my hands.If you're still having trouble cutting thin plastic, contact HO for another replacement. My replacement works beautifully.

I know the new ones are supposed to do everything the old ones did i.e. snip a penny in half, de-bone a chicken, etc, but I do not feel confident that they will. Mine also barely make it through a plastic bag. I have had 3 pairs so far. I agree it shouldn't take that many to get it right. The old ones were nice. I don't have small hands (I don't think) so no complaint from me about that. I thought they were great and showed them all the time. I don't like the new shears. Maybe they will restyle them again.

I wonder if they are restyling alot of products since our new product values for the fall are so high. I cannot imagine what they could offer as a totally NEW product. Maybe a set of stainless steel cookware?!! Who know?!

I have cut through a lid of a can with the new ones, and I do use them at a show; but when I am at home, I always reach for the old ones, as it is just so much easier to grab them with one hand!

I sent one pair back... blades didn't seem to close together closely enough to cut through thin stuff like plastic bags. My new ones do plastic ok, but also don't spring open as well as the old ones. I don't think these shears are too hot, I'm wondering if they get pulled and replaced with the old ones. I do like that they are "low profile" and fit easily in my TTA.

don't like mine either...on my second pair and they wont cut through plastic either...I'm fearful now, because I just closed out a $13,000.00 show/fundraiser, and there were over 30 pairs ordered. Wonder how many of those customers will want to replace...ughhh
Love the old ones
karlene

Congrats on the killer show, Karlene!

karlene said:
don't like mine either...on my second pair and they wont cut through plastic either...I'm fearful now, because I just closed out a $13,000.00 show/fundraiser, and there were over 30 pairs ordered. Wonder how many of those customers will want to replace...ughhh
Love the old ones
karlene

Awesome show/fundraiser! Would you mind sharing the whose and whofores?

karlene said:
Love the old ones
karlene

Oh my!!:eek: :D :eek: :D What an awesome total - some of us (like me) haven't even hit $13k in CAREER sales!! What a great job!!:D

Yeah- I have the old ones at home. I haven't tried the new ones yet, and I have not heard much good news about them. :(

I cut a penny with my new ones and the blades bent and I must of sprung the spring because they don't close now. I think they are far inferior to the old ones.

amy07 said:
Oh my!!:eek: :D :eek: :D What an awesome total - some of us (like me) haven't even hit $13k in CAREER sales!! What a great job!!:D

My thoughts exactly!! How awesome for you!! Share some details!!!

1. How do I fix a broken spring on my herb stripper shears?

If the spring on your herb stripper shears is broken, you will need to replace it. You can order a replacement spring from Pampered Chef or purchase one from a hardware store. To replace the spring, simply remove the old one and insert the new one in its place.

2. What should I do if the spring on my herb stripper shears is not providing enough tension?

If the spring on your herb stripper shears is not providing enough tension, you can try adjusting the placement of the spring. Move it closer to the pivot point of the shears to increase tension, or further away to decrease tension. If this does not work, the spring may be worn out and need to be replaced.

3. Why is the spring on my herb stripper shears getting stuck?

If the spring on your herb stripper shears is getting stuck, it may be due to debris or buildup on the blades. Clean the blades thoroughly and make sure they are free of any obstructions. If the issue persists, the spring may be damaged or worn out and need to be replaced.

4. Can I lubricate the spring on my herb stripper shears?

It is not recommended to lubricate the spring on your herb stripper shears. The lubricant may attract dirt and debris, causing the spring to get stuck or not function properly. If the spring is not providing enough tension, it is best to adjust its placement or replace it.

5. How long should the spring on my herb stripper shears last?

The lifespan of the spring on your herb stripper shears will depend on frequency of use and proper maintenance. With regular use and cleaning, the spring can last for several years. However, if you notice any issues with the spring, it is best to replace it to ensure the shears continue to function properly.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Staci
  • wadesgirl
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
pattikake
  • taterbug
  • Products and Tips
Replies