• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is a Recipe Tasting Event the Key to Boosting Your Business?

so it was a big waste of time and resources. That's great that you've been able to create a regular seasonal party that has a lot of attendance and participation. I can see where it would make sense to make all of that food in your case. However, I was just cautioning the OP because I've done what she has done in the past - made a lot of food and put out just about everything I had - to only have 4-5 people show up. My past hosts weren't interested/didn't have time to show up or were already booked, and most people knew they could order from me anytime, so they didn't feel the need to show... so it was a big waste of time and resources.
workingmaof3
Gold Member
I am in need of a "business boost" and I listened to Sherr Carr Training Call on Successful Recipe Tasting. I am planning a recipe tasting for the new season recipes on Aug 30. I plan to select an appetizer recipe, 3 to 4 main dish recipes and 2 desert recipes. Most will be made ahead and I will demo one in the deep dish baker.

I have about $200 worth of products to give away and was thinking about giving new products to those that booked at the tasting and kept the date. Maybe a gift certificate in the host packet for one of the new cook books, the new bamboo sloted spoons.... things like that.

Has anyone done something like this? Any tips?

This sounds like a great boost for you. Who all will you invite?

I invited all my neighbors, everyone on my email list and my facebook friends. I took a flyer to my bank, my hair salon and am carrying more with me to invite people as I go. So far only 6 RSVP and 10 maybes but I still have 10 days. My goal is bookings but with the host your own show incentive that just came out, it may work out well for that too!

Make sure you follow up with everyone. I think that is a LOT of recipes for one show - I would limit it to 1 app, 1 main dish and 1 dessert (demo one of them and make the other 2 beforehand). If you have 10 people there, you'll have way too much food if you make what you are planning. And, if you have less than 10 people, you've done way too much work for not enough return. Good luck!

cathyskitchen said:
Make sure you follow up with everyone. I think that is a LOT of recipes for one show - I would limit it to 1 app, 1 main dish and 1 dessert (demo one of them and make the other 2 beforehand). If you have 10 people there, you'll have way too much food if you make what you are planning. And, if you have less than 10 people, you've done way too much work for not enough return. Good luck!

If she does it like I do it, all of the food is made ahead of time - there is no demo.

Mine is on Monday, and as of today I have 16 RSVP's - and most are past hosts, so they know that for this, I put on a spread for them. It's my Host Appreciation Event, and they get to try several new recipes and rate them for me, and tell me which ones they'd most like to have at their own party - plus they get to see all of the new products. I will have lots of NIB/Gently used products for sale for them, and we are doing a Chinese Auction for some other products. It's going to be a fun evening. I always get between 5-10 bookings when I do this. If I get that many on Monday, I'll be pretty much booked for the entire Fall season!

ChefBeckyD said:
If she does it like I do it, all of the food is made ahead of time - there is no demo.

Mine is on Monday, and as of today I have 16 RSVP's - and most are past hosts, so they know that for this, I put on a spread for them. It's my Host Appreciation Event, and they get to try several new recipes and rate them for me, and tell me which ones they'd most like to have at their own party - plus they get to see all of the new products. I will have lots of NIB/Gently used products for sale for them, and we are doing a Chinese Auction for some other products. It's going to be a fun evening. I always get between 5-10 bookings when I do this. If I get that many on Monday, I'll be pretty much booked for the entire Fall season!

That's great that you've been able to create a regular seasonal party that has a lot of attendance and participation. I can see where it would make sense to make all of that food in your case. However, I was just cautioning the OP because I've done what she has done in the past - made a lot of food and put out just about everything I had - to only have 4-5 people show up. My past hosts weren't interested/didn't have time to show up or were already booked, and most people knew they could order from me anytime, so they didn't feel the need to show up, no matter how I tried to entice them (free product giveaways, gift/free shipping if they showed, etc.). JMO

workingmaof3 said:
I am in need of a "business boost" and I listened to Sherr Carr Training Call on Successful Recipe Tasting. I am planning a recipe tasting for the new season recipes on Aug 30. I plan to select an appetizer recipe, 3 to 4 main dish recipes and 2 desert recipes. Most will be made ahead and I will demo one in the deep dish baker.

I have about $200 worth of products to give away and was thinking about giving new products to those that booked at the tasting and kept the date. Maybe a gift certificate in the host packet for one of the new cook books, the new bamboo sloted spoons.... things like that.

Has anyone done something like this? Any tips?

I've done this successfully for 7 years. Make sure that you contact EVERYONE and personally invite them. Also make sure that they know that this is different than a regular cooking show - this is a time of thanking them for helping to make your business successful, and that they will get to sample new recipes, and that there will be lots of giveaways.

I also do a gift for everyone who attends. Usually the new SB cookbook, and a spice or rub, or something else small like that. This year, I'm doing SB's & the new petite bamboo spoons.

If you attach free product to bookings - make sure and let them know that you will be bringing the free product with you to their show! Do NOT give it to them until then!

I'm actually doing 2 appetizers, 1 main dish, and 2 desserts for mine.

Mexican Cheese Crisps
Buffalo Chicken Dip

Chicken Enchilada Pizza

Spumoni Swirl Brownies
Ice Cream w/ the sprinkles & new toppings

Oh, and I'm making the Sweet & Salty Snack Mix.

I think that 6 RSVP's 10 days before the party is good! Mine is Monday, and most of my RSVP's have come in the last 2 days. Pretty typical. I expect several more in the next two days. If you do Facebook, make sure you've created an event and have invited people that way too!

Just have fun with it - celebrate your customers/guests, and know that this is the start of something good. Every year, my attendance and sales has continued to climb. Was the first year as successful as this past year? No - but all who came had a great time...and some have come every year since!

The first couple of years I invited EVERYONE - but now I pretty much limit it to past hosts and their guests. It's all I have room for!

Thank you for your feedback, it really helps! I am up to 8 Attending on my facebook event. I have 2 others from email and 1 from invites I handed out. I need to make sure and follow up with reminder calls.
I think I will do a teaser and now post recipes I will be making or some of the prizes to be given away.
I was planning on ordering the Booking gifts at their parties kinda like a gift certificate.

I am figuring this recipe tasting is not only a booking opportunity, but a product demo opportunity as well. I want to do the WOW recipe in the deep dish baker, but I also want to use the bar pan and other items to entice orders and bookings. I can't see the baker to everyone. Any ideas?

I'm doing my recipe tasting this Saturday. I wasn't able to order an extra samples so I made goodie bags with mostly non PC items but added a coupon for 15% off any order placed at my party and a $25 gift certificate if they book a party in Sep, Oct or Nov or refer someone who books a party to me. I have a small place and haven't done a lot of parties yet so I just invited friends. I have 7 for sure coming and 3 maybes and my director is now coming over.

Awesome! I was going to make host packets for the dates in September that I want to fill and each would have a gift certificate of a new product, the closest date having a more expensive product. They would get the product at their show.
what recipes are you doing, Cory?

I'm excited to hear how this turns out for you! I don't have the dates available to put something like this on in September, but maybe will do it in October as an "Anniversary" party for myself! :)

Had a lot of fun with my show, had to work (at my other job) today, so I wasn't as organized as I had hoped to be. I Made: Green Red and white lasagna, Shredded Pork tostadas, Anti Pasti Pull Apart Pizza and Min Cho Tiramusi cakes. The Lasagna was the winner. Eight people showed up, gave away prizes, got 3 bookings. It was a lot of fun and Il will do it again.

I'm not excited as I should be I think. I want to have a great turn out, but most of the ppl I invited (past hosts and guests) live out of town at least 30 mins! My mom and friends who got me started were in my home town (30 mins away) and so I sent out invites yesterday, but am not optimistic. I am inviting ppl from my old job I just quit, but they've already had shows for me too, so I don't know. I'm inviting moms of my son's kinder class, but I dunno!! I hope it's not a flop, I really need some bookings!!

What is a New Season Recipe Tasting?

A New Season Recipe Tasting is an event hosted by Pampered Chef where customers and consultants can come together to sample delicious new recipes and learn about the new products and promotions for the upcoming season.

How do I attend a New Season Recipe Tasting?

To attend a New Season Recipe Tasting, you can either host your own party or attend one hosted by a Pampered Chef consultant. You can contact your consultant or find one in your area on our website.

What can I expect at a New Season Recipe Tasting?

At a New Season Recipe Tasting, you can expect to taste a variety of new recipes made with Pampered Chef products. You will also have the opportunity to learn about the new products and promotions for the season.

Can I purchase products at a New Season Recipe Tasting?

Yes, you can purchase products at a New Season Recipe Tasting. Our consultants will have products available for purchase at the event, or you can place an order with them after the event.

Is there a cost to attend a New Season Recipe Tasting?

There is no cost to attend a New Season Recipe Tasting. It is a fun and free event for customers and consultants to come together and enjoy delicious food while learning about our new products and promotions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
lissahope26
  • winklermom
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
winklermom
  • DebPC
  • Pampered Chef Flyers
Replies