• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Trying Recipes from Fall/Winter SB Cookbook

In summary, consultants have shared comments about new recipes from the F/W SB being too fancy for their area. However, it is suggested to offer the new recipes to everyone and not pre-judge what customers may or may not like as everyone enjoys trying new things. Recipes that have been tried include Triple Onion Goat Cheese Tart, Confetti Shrimp Zucchini Cups, Grilled Apple
DebbieJ said:
The goat cheese tart went over BIG at my fall preview show on Friday night. I didn't even get to taste it because it was all gone!

For those of you who have a Trader Joe's nearby, the goat cheese is super cheap there.

Thanks for the tip, I go there ALOT, but never thought to look for it.:D

Tonight I made the Harvest Chicken Salad. It was so spicy we could barely eat it. What did I do wrong? I checked the amounts on everything and I am pretty sure I followed the recipe exactly. It tasted peppery and very spicy. The mustard I used was ground mustard, not stone ground mustard. Would that make any difference?

jenf said:
The mustard I used was ground mustard, not stone ground mustard. Would that make any difference?

Did you use ground mustard....as in the dry one that comes in a can or bottle from the spice section of the grocery store? If you did.....then that's the problem! :eek: Stone Ground Mustard is like deli sandwich mustard - usually found in the deli (Boars Head) or over in the ketchup/mustard/mayo aisle. It comes in a jar and is spreadable. Sort of like Grey Poupon but browner in color.

This reminds me of when my girlfriend used 2 entire heads of garlic instead of 2 cloves....her husband just couldn't eat the recipe!

Linda

pamperedlinda said:
Did you use ground mustard....as in the dry one that comes in a can or bottle from the spice section of the grocery store? If you did.....then that's the problem! :eek: Stone Ground Mustard is like deli sandwich mustard - usually found in the deli (Boars Head) or over in the ketchup/mustard/mayo aisle. It comes in a jar and is spreadable. Sort of like Grey Poupon but browner in color.

That was the problem. Thanks so much for the clarification. I am not a mustard person, so I didn't know about stone ground mustard. Will have to try it again with the correct ingredient. :)

If you can't find the Stone Ground Mustard, just use Dijon - they are not that much different. And with the amounts used in this recipe I don't think it would make a huge diffrence.

No sweat!The Three Onion and Goat Cheese Tart was a breeze!
On Monday night, I made the filling for a Tuesday meeting. And yes I used the prepackaged Hormel Bacon. That mixture alone smelled wonderful! Then I did as Anne Mentioned and kept the pastry frozen until I need to take ti to work. We have a little fridge and luckily it has a freezer so I put it in there.
When I got to my directors, it had thawed enough to work with so it was easy! Mine to stuch alittle but I think it was becasue I don't use my rectangle stone as much as I do my other stones. Wasn't seasoned enough. And the baking time seemed to be wrong. We had to add almost 7 minutes to get the bottom crisp. The oven was preheated and well, just didn't seem to be enough. Maybe I didn't roll out the dough enough so it was too thick? I just don't know. But, I will be doing it at shows. It tastes great. The cheese is not over powering at all and the onion mixture is actually on the sweet side because of the caramlization of the sugar.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedpsalmstress
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Chef Kearns
  • chefsteph07
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
Replies