• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Fall Customer Appreciation: Preparing Food for 50+ Guests!

In summary, when preparing food for a fall customer appreciation event with 50+ guests, it's important to consider the type of event and its duration. A good rule of thumb is to prepare 3-4 appetizers and 2-3 desserts per person. Seasonal ingredients, such as pumpkin and apple, are great options for both appetizers and desserts. It's best to prepare as much as possible ahead of time and accommodate dietary restrictions by offering a variety of options and labeling them appropriately. When serving the food, have a variety of utensils and serving dishes available and be mindful of keeping the food fresh and at a safe temperature.
babywings76
Gold Member
I have my Fall Customer Appreciation Event tomorrow. My director and 4 other cluster-mates and I are all doing it together. We have over 50 people who have RSVP'd. We are now wondering if we're going to have enough food. :DWe are making double batches of everything, but so far we have:Bacon-Cheddar Bites
Savory Pecan-Crusted Blue Cheese Bites
Loaded Baked Potato Chowder
Ham & Cheese Calzone
Mock Lemon Meringue Cake
Mini Carrot Cake Cups
After Dinner Mint TrianglesThen I'm going to do the fresh bread w/ dipping oils and my director is going to have some fresh fruit. We were thinking of doing the Pineapple Rum Sauce over cream cheese w/ crackers, and that got me thinking if maybe we should do something w/ our new sauces instead. Any ideas?

They're both tasty on chicken - either small sauteed chunks or nuggets.

Maybe serve one of the new sauces (with or without the cream cheese) crackers and pretzels. The pineapple rum sauce is so delicous over cream cheese though!
Deb

The ginger washabi is very good with chicken nuggets. For show tasting, I just use frozen nuggets popped in the microwave then cut in half for a bite size appetizer.

My guess is that Amanda is talking about the new sauces--Thai Peanut and Maple Honey Mustard. I plan to set out samples in the small bamboo bowls with pretzels for tasting.

Yes, it's the new sauces that I was curious if anyone found a great way to serve them for sampling. I think we'll just do pretzels to keep it simple. Thanks! :)

1. How do I determine how much food to prepare for 50+ guests?

To determine the amount of food to prepare, start by considering the type of event you are hosting and the duration of the event. For a fall customer appreciation event, plan for a variety of appetizers and desserts to be served over the course of a few hours. A general rule of thumb is to prepare around 3-4 appetizers and 2-3 desserts per person. It's always better to have slightly more food than not enough, so consider rounding up on your calculations.

2. What types of appetizers and desserts are best for a fall customer appreciation event?

Fall is the perfect time to incorporate seasonal ingredients into your menu. For appetizers, consider dishes like pumpkin hummus, apple and brie crostini, or mini quiches with fall vegetables. For desserts, options like apple crisp, pumpkin cheesecake bars, or caramel apple dip are sure to be crowd-pleasers. Don't forget to also offer some savory options such as a cheese and charcuterie board or a fall-inspired salad.

3. How far in advance should I prepare the food for the event?

It's always best to prepare as much as you can ahead of time to minimize stress on the day of the event. For appetizers, many can be made a day in advance and refrigerated until ready to serve. Desserts can also be made a day or two ahead of time, depending on the type. Just be sure to follow proper storage guidelines for each dish. Some items, like fresh salads, are best prepared the day of the event.

4. How can I accommodate dietary restrictions for my guests?

When planning your menu, it's important to consider any dietary restrictions your guests may have. A great way to accommodate these restrictions is to offer a variety of options, including vegetarian, gluten-free, and dairy-free dishes. Label each dish with any potential allergens or dietary restrictions so that guests can make informed choices. You can also reach out to your guests ahead of time to ask about any specific dietary needs they may have.

5. What are some tips for presenting and serving the food to 50+ guests?

When presenting the food, it's important to have a variety of serving dishes and utensils to make the food easily accessible for guests. Consider using large platters or trays for appetizers and individual dessert cups or plates for desserts. Label each dish with its name and any potential allergens. To keep the food fresh and at a safe temperature, have a system in place for replenishing and rotating dishes. And don't forget to have plenty of napkins and utensils available for guests to use.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefann
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
PamperedChefLayla
Replies
Views
lalemom
  • cactus_flower
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies