• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

New Ridged Baker + Frozen Hamburger Patties?

In summary, using the new ridged baker to microwave frozen burger patties is not recommended as it can cause thermal shock. However, smaller frozen items like fish sticks and fries may be okay. The rule of thumb is that the food and the stone should be about the same temperature. In the microwave, frozen foods can be used on the stone, but not in the oven. The ridged baker is also great for cooking bacon in the microwave. It only takes about 3-6 minutes depending on the thickness of the bacon. Overall, the ridged baker is a great tool for cooking frozen foods in the microwave, but caution should be taken when using it in the oven with frozen items.
gussey30
considering using the new ridged baker to microwave frozen burger patties?
has anyone tried this or think it will be a disaster?

You won't know till you try....Let us know how it goes...

In general, we should not be putting frozen, un-cooked foods on stoneware, as this is a recipe for thermal shock.

NooraK said:
In general, we should not be putting frozen, un-cooked foods on stoneware, as this is a recipe for thermal shock.

That's a hard sell though- "frozen pizza" on the round stones all the time, chicken nuggets, fish sticks, etc. Just don't put it on a HOT stone.

NooraK said:

But smaller frozen items like fish sticks, fries, etc., are okay, right? I would think the frozen burgers would be too dense and possibly cause a problem.

I always thought you didn't put a frozen item onto a HOT stone... recipe for disaster.

That's why I noted un-cooked. Pre-cooked frozen foods are OK: fish sticks, chicken nuggets, etc.Actually, I checked the PIG, and it says:
Do not place dense, frozen food items (chicken breasts, pot pies, roasts or chops) on Stoneware. Always thaw dense, frozen food in refrigerator prior to baking.
So the patties might be ok, since they're not very dense.

One of the selling points of the DCB is doing frozen foods in the microwave (NOT THE OVEN). I do a one lb block of FROZEN hamburger meat in the microwave in 10 minutes flat, and LOVE IT. (4 minutes, break up with mix & chop, add preferred seasoning, then 6 minutes more, break up again...DONE!).

Can't imagine the ridged pan is any different.

I would put wax paper over it to keep it from splashing

I didn't know we could do frozen foods in the DCB. Great tip! Thanks!

The rule of thumb is the food and the stone should be about same temp. Room temp stone, frozen food, let it sit a few minutes to chill the stone. Then you can put it in oven. Also be sure food covers most of the stone surface.

Frozen fish sticks, fries, etc can cause thermal shock too if you are only using part of the stone. If you are using a larger stone than you need for the amount of food spread it out evenly over the stone.

AND ONLY IN THE MICROWAVE...not the oven...oven will cause thermal shock with frozen foods...

BethCooks4U said:
Frozen fish sticks, fries, etc can cause thermal shock too if you are only using part of the stone. If you are using a larger stone than you need for the amount of food spread it out evenly over the stone.

Very true. Sheila recently cracked her bar pan because of this.

nikked said:
AND ONLY IN THE MICROWAVE...not the oven...oven will cause thermal shock with frozen foods...

As long as the food is evenly distributed on the stone and isn't dense in some places but not others, frozen foods can be put in the oven too. I haven't had a thermal crack yet and I've used stones in my oven since 1983. I wouldn't put a chunk of frozen hamburger on a stone but I do put frozen chicken breasts on one. I just make sure I pick the right size stone. I have also made things like lasagna, frozen it. Taken it out of freezer, preheated the oven and put it, still frozen, in the oven. No issues.

So back to the original topic...has anyone tried the hamburgers on the new stone? I'm curious, but don't have any to experiment with right now :)

Just did bacon in mine last night. That ROCKED.

mountainmama74 said:
Just did bacon in mine last night. That ROCKED.

How long did you cook your bacon?

according to my husband, it needs to cook for 5 minutes. He made breakfast for us on Sunday and was so excited about this that he talked about it for a good 20 minutes!! I should bring him to shows to sell the Ridged Baker!!

I put it in for 6 minutes, but I like my bacon CRISPY. 5 minutes probably would have been fine!

I did 4 pieces of bacon in 4 minutes in the ridged baker the other night

Put the frozen hamburger patties in the stoneware ridged baker IN THE MICROWAVE to mostly thaw the patties. Then, put it in the oven - :)My microwave is fast - 3 1/2 minutes on hi for normal thin bacon, 5 minutes on hi for Fletcher's thick cut bacon. It's awesome and doesn't have an oily surface sheen! Turkey bacon is also 3 1/2 minutes.

I just ordered my ridged baker and i cant wait to try it out!

1. How do I use the New Ridged Baker to cook frozen hamburger patties?

To use the New Ridged Baker for frozen hamburger patties, preheat your oven to 375 degrees and place the patties on the ridged side of the baker. Bake for 20-25 minutes, flipping the patties halfway through cooking.

2. Can I cook multiple frozen hamburger patties in the New Ridged Baker at once?

Yes, you can cook up to 8 frozen hamburger patties at a time in the New Ridged Baker. Just make sure they are evenly spaced and not overlapping on the ridged side of the baker.

3. Does the New Ridged Baker work for gluten-free or vegan frozen hamburger patties?

Yes, the New Ridged Baker can be used for cooking any type of frozen hamburger patties, including gluten-free and vegan options. Just follow the same cooking instructions as you would for regular frozen hamburger patties.

4. Do I need to grease the New Ridged Baker before cooking frozen hamburger patties?

No, the New Ridged Baker is designed with a non-stick coating, so you do not need to grease it before cooking frozen hamburger patties. This also makes for easy cleanup after cooking.

5. Can I use the New Ridged Baker to cook other frozen meats besides hamburger patties?

Yes, the New Ridged Baker can be used to cook a variety of frozen meats, such as chicken breasts, fish fillets, and pork chops. Just adjust the cooking time and temperature according to the specific type of meat you are cooking.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
hisecho
  • pmprdprettyinsnj
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Adian80
Replies