• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Troubleshooting Refrigerator Magnets: NC Conversion Magnet Not Holding

In summary, most people's refrigerator magnets don't work on their stainless steel refrigerator. Some people had trouble with it, and some people had no trouble. People also suggested using the magnet on the inside of a kitchen cabinet, on a chalkboard, or on a dry erase board.
pkd09
Silver Member
The refrigerator conversion magnet we got at NC does not hold on my refrigerator. Has anyone else had this problem? I have a white refrigerator with a little pattern to it.

I have a wood paneled fridge, and it won't stick to it obviously. But we tried our stovetop- and it didn't stick there. so I have it stuck to my cookie sheet for now. the magnet was a good idea, but not everyone has magnetic surfaces anymore.

I tried to use it on the (textured) side of my fridge where I have another magnet, and it would not stick. I ended up putting it on the (smooth) front, which bugs me, but it is what it is.

Most stainless fridges don't have enough ferromagnetic material in the front panels to allow magnets to stick. So if you have a stainless fridge, it probably won't work.My magnet sticks on my fridge.

It would only stick on my mom's microwave, not on her fridge.

I had trouble as well. Our refridgerators doors curve a little bit, so I ended up having to put it right dab in the middle.

Sounds like the product was a good idea but not effective for most refrigerators. :cry:

Doesn't stick to my fridge either (non-magnetic front). So it is on my stovetop hood. Nice thing is, my stuff is brushed stainless, like the magnet...so you barely notice it is even there.

Nope doesn't stick to mine. it just slidesssss down! If I put something under it to keep it from sliding it stays but that is the only way.

How about your range hood? if you have one? My kids love that magnet and have already used the info several times. I'd have to be finding somewhere it would stick if it didn't stick to my fridge! :)

I didn't have a problem with mine. I have a stainless front with black sides.....it stuck fine on the side.

One side of the magnet holds well and the other side slides down the side of my fridge. I wish there was a stronger magnet to hold them better.

No problems w/mine, but my fridge is 20 years old - maybe they are made differently now. I have a textured front, but never have problems sticking magnets to mine.

I have a stainless wrapped refrigerator, so I knew there was no way of it sticking anywhere, but I'm still excited about this product, b/c I'm mathematically challenged! I just have to figure out the best place to put it (our range is a slide in - so there is nothing to stick there either). I may just keep it on my cookbook stand (which I *WISH* was ours and matched our SA stands!)

Mine is textured and it slid a couple of inches before it found it's "sweet spot"

Have you thought about posting it to the inside of a kitchen cabinet? I have a page from a cookbook there on one of my cabinet inside doors. Use that sticky poster tape or try simple looped masking tape.

Judybabe said:
Have you thought about posting it to the inside of a kitchen cabinet? I have a page from a cookbook there on one of my cabinet inside doors. Use that sticky poster tape or try simple looped masking tape.

only problem with that is that it's double-sided, so if you did that you would only be able to use one side. I need BOTH (mathematically-challenged here!!).

I have e-mailed HO with my concern of guests ordering the item and wanting to return it because it does not hold. It could prove very costly for the company.

quiverfull7 said:
How about your range hood? if you have one? My kids love that magnet and have already used the info several times. I'd have to be finding somewhere it would stick if it didn't stick to my fridge! :)

I was just going to suggest the very same thing when I read your post! Great minds think alike I tell ya! :D

As a selling point to all of those who have SS fridges, I'm going to suggest they put it on their range hood so it is easily accessible whenever they need it.

Also, if anyone has one of those dry erase memo boards or chalk boards for messages, it will stick to those as well.

With so many people having stainless appliances, I'm going to be suggesting our new cookie sheet as a home memo area (prop it up on a cookbook stand or on a couple of hooks on the wall - rest the bottom on the hooks, so that it leans against the wall and doesn't need to be drilled). The magnet will stick to that (so will other magnets to hold up notes, etc.). And then people can still use it as a cookie sheet when they need a spare.

Mine holds fine.Great idea, Ann. That would also be a great way to display it during shows.

What is the "New Refrigerator Magnet" and how does it work?

The "New Refrigerator Magnet" is a creative and functional kitchen tool designed to help you organize and declutter your fridge. It features a strong magnet that securely holds items, such as grocery lists, recipes, and coupons, to the fridge door. This allows you to easily access and view important information while also freeing up space on your fridge.

What is the size of the "New Refrigerator Magnet" and will it fit on my fridge?

The "New Refrigerator Magnet" measures 4 inches by 6 inches, making it the perfect size for most standard fridges. It is also thin and lightweight, so it will not add bulk or weight to your fridge door.

Is the "New Refrigerator Magnet" easy to clean and maintain?

Yes, the "New Refrigerator Magnet" is very easy to clean and maintain. It is made from durable and high-quality materials that are both water and stain resistant. Simply wipe it clean with a damp cloth or sponge to keep it looking like new.

Can the "New Refrigerator Magnet" hold heavy or bulky items?

Yes, the "New Refrigerator Magnet" is designed to hold a variety of items, from lightweight papers to heavier items such as magnetic spice tins. The strong magnet ensures that your items will stay securely in place without slipping or falling off.

Can I use the "New Refrigerator Magnet" for anything other than organizing my fridge?

Absolutely! The "New Refrigerator Magnet" is a versatile kitchen tool that can be used for a variety of purposes. You can use it to hold important papers on your filing cabinet, display photos on your metal door, or even attach it to your car's dashboard to hold toll passes or parking permits.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
raebates
  • LeslieSGI
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
JessBarszcz
  • pamperedberry
  • General Chat
Replies