• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

New Recipes: What Do You Think?

In summary, the individuals in the conversation were discussing their thoughts on the new recipes offered by their company. While some were unimpressed, others had found success with the Jalapeno Popper Pizzas and the Lemon Cherry Crumble Cake. They also discussed using various products from their company to make the recipes. One person suggested attending a conference to meet others in the conversation.
kam
Staff member
What do you think about the new recipes?

I didn't go to SL but everyone who went got a SB. I looked through one at our cluster meeting. I have to say none of the new recipes jumped out at me.

I need to pick a recipe for our next cluster meeting. Usually there are a bunch I want to make right away, but not this time. The only ones that remotely appealed to me were the tart things and the apple things - both used the new mini tart/pie pans. (I can't guarantee I'll have these prior to our meeting - depending on which sample package they are in or if they will be open stock.)

But, sometimes recipes that don't look good - once made - are great. (case in point - the Blue Cheese & Bacon Potato Crisps...no one wanted to make them but I made them since they were a recipe featured on the cards. I thought they looked gross - but they ended up being excellent!) Our director made the new dessert from the recipe card. It was really really good. But, on looking at the recipe, it would not have been one that I would have considered making.

So, I am curious if has anyone made any of the new recipes and what are your thoughts?

Last edited:
I did the Jalapeno Popper Pizzas a couple weeks ago and LOVE IT! You can talk about the knives (cutting the bacon and peppers), the stoneware (baking the crust), the cookware (cooked the 1/4" bacon bits), the MFP (for the peppers) the batter bowl, the scrapers, the grater, cutting boards, the scoop and drain (I used it to drain the bacon after cooking it in the 8" executive skillet and lots of other stuff. I was thrilled!I did bring pre-made microwave chips too, to talk about the chip maker and the slicer. It was over A $900 show with only 9 people attending. :) I just made the recipe again for the Super Bowl tonight and everyone loved it! I LOVE that one! Easy, quick, shows a lot of products and so good!

Kathleen I think its an order that you attend SL in August with your fearless leader Deb so that I can meet you. :) Just sayin'.... hehe

I too was unimpressed with the new recipes offered as far as show recipes. The seven layer salad spread looks interesting so do the zucchini fries. I've made the artichoke bacon bites and jalapeno popper pizzas before and they were both pretty good. I'm dying to try the wraps at home but not sure about a show. There are a few dessert recipes I want to try.I did make the Lemon Cherry Crumble Cake tonight. Really quick and easy to make. Might make a good second recipe for that host who wants two recipes. Great way to show the DCB in the microwave. I used strawberry instead of cherry as the store didn't have cherry pastry/cake filling. The cake was really moist because of the sour cream and the light lemon flavor was a great addition.

Melissa78 said:
Kathleen I think its an order that you attend SL in August with your fearless leader Deb so that I can meet you. :) Just sayin'.... hehe

:)
Maybe!

Teresa LM said:
I did the Jalapeno Popper Pizzas a couple weeks ago and LOVE IT! You can talk about the knives (cutting the bacon and peppers), the stoneware (baking the crust), the cookware (cooked the 1/4" bacon bits), the MFP (for the peppers) the batter bowl, the scrapers, the grater, cutting boards, the scoop and drain (I used it to drain the bacon after cooking it in the 8" executive skillet and lots of other stuff. I was thrilled!

I did bring pre-made microwave chips too, to talk about the chip maker and the slicer. It was over A $900 show with only 9 people attending. :)

I just made the recipe again for the Super Bowl tonight and everyone loved it! I LOVE that one! Easy, quick, shows a lot of products and so good!

These are an older recipe that has appeared before. I made these for us for Superbowl today too! They are excellent.

wadesgirl said:
I too was unimpressed with the new recipes offered as far as show recipes. The seven layer salad spread looks interesting so do the zucchini fries. I've made the artichoke bacon bites and jalapeno popper pizzas before and they were both pretty good. I'm dying to try the wraps at home but not sure about a show. There are a few dessert recipes I want to try.

I did make the Lemon Cherry Crumble Cake tonight. Really quick and easy to make. Might make a good second recipe for that host who wants two recipes. Great way to show the DCB in the microwave. I used strawberry instead of cherry as the store didn't have cherry pastry/cake filling. The cake was really moist because of the sour cream and the light lemon flavor was a great addition.

I don't know why I keep forgetting about the wraps!! They did look good. Yes, I agree about the wraps maybe not being a good show recipe. Maybe that's why I forgot about them.

I think when I looked at the Lemon Cherry Crumble Cake recipe, I thought about the cobbler we make in the DCB using just pie filling, cake mix & butter. But didn't have time to read through the directions on it to see how similar it really was.

kam said:
I think when I looked at the Lemon Cherry Crumble Cake recipe, I thought about the cobbler we make in the DCB using just pie filling, cake mix & butter. But didn't have time to read through the directions on it to see how similar it really was.

It's more of cake with fruit "filling" and a crumble top than a cobbler.

I made the Chicago-style hot dog bites- they were a hit! Even my picky husband (who doesn't like tomatoes, onion, pickles or mustard!) loved them!

we made the hot dog bites too for the Superbowl... I have to admit I was grossed out at SL watching this recipe, but I was AMAZED at how tasty they were! I find this with a lot of TPC recipes. Some contain ingredients that I would never, ever, ever consider using or tasting and then wind up being really amazing recipes.My suggestion is to just try them (it's a tax write off) and go from there!

cookinfletch said:
I made the Chicago-style hot dog bites- they were a hit! Even my picky husband (who doesn't like tomatoes, onion, pickles or mustard!) loved them!

sorry but this recipe actually made me sick to my stomach just looking at it. Not a fan of hot dogs, and yellow mustard will never cross my doorway. Not for me...
I am excited about the new products but sad about the new recipe cards. I like to give out recipe cards to my guests and think the only one I'd give out is the caramel corn bars recipe.

the next recipe I will try is that Luau pizza. It looks absolutely disgusting, but I'm going to make it anyway. Watch it be one of my favorites! HA!!

Brenda.the.chef said:
the next recipe I will try is that Luau pizza. It looks absolutely disgusting, but I'm going to make it anyway. Watch it be one of my favorites! HA!!

good for you. I just can't seem to get past the picture or the ingredients. guess not adventurous enough.

Brenda.the.chef said:
we made the hot dog bites too for the Superbowl... I have to admit I was grossed out at SL watching this recipe, but I was AMAZED at how tasty they were! I find this with a lot of TPC recipes. Some contain ingredients that I would never, ever, ever consider using or tasting and then wind up being really amazing recipes.

My suggestion is to just try them (it's a tax write off) and go from there!

I wasn't at all interested in this (hate mustard and pickles on my sandwiches) but I do LOVE the recipe we have for Cheeseburger Salad so I'm thinking this might end up being good too. And I know my DH and son would like it so not wasted...

Not too anxious to try the three recipes featured on the cards either.....maybe the hot dog bites, since we love Chicago style hot dogs. I found it funny that they didnt even use CHICAGO hot dogs in the recipe video, and they are in Chicago area! Whenever we travel up there to visit family, we stock up on the TRUE dogs and bring them home. It's usually a year's worth (we dont eat them that often, since not the most healthy).The luau pizza looks nasty. I think if i tried it, i will cut the pieces smaller. Those big ham chunks look gross to me. :yuck: I prefer the Aloha pizza personally. We shall see. :)I have extra caramel popcorn to use from our Cub Scout stash, so I will at least try that recipe.Havent looked thoroughly at the SB yet.

esavvymom said:
Not too anxious to try the three recipes featured on the cards either.....maybe the hot dog bites, since we love Chicago style hot dogs. I found it funny that they didnt even use CHICAGO hot dogs in the recipe video, and they are in Chicago area! Whenever we travel up there to visit family, we stock up on the TRUE dogs and bring them home. It's usually a year's worth (we dont eat them that often, since not the most healthy).

The luau pizza looks nasty. I think if i tried it, i will cut the pieces smaller. Those big ham chunks look gross to me. :yuck: I prefer the Aloha pizza personally. We shall see. :)

I have extra caramel popcorn to use from our Cub Scout stash, so I will at least try that recipe.

Havent looked thoroughly at the SB yet.

When I heard the Luau Pizza I was thinking about Aloha pizza which I love but everything about Luau Pizza turns me off! I don't like eat ham and canned pineapple - I would splurge and buy a real pineapple.

Brenda.the.chef said:

I agree!! The ham looked like SPAM and completely turned me off of the whole recipe. I am going to try it at home to see if it tastes better that it looked before I do it any shows.

mgranich said:
I agree!! The ham looked like SPAM and completely turned me off of the whole recipe. I am going to try it at home to see if it tastes better that it looked before I do it any shows.

I am fortunate to have a boyfriend that will eat absolutely anything, so I know it won't go to waste! lol I don't even think he would tell me it was gross even if it was.

wadesgirl said:
When I heard the Luau Pizza I was thinking about Aloha pizza which I love but everything about Luau Pizza turns me off! I don't like eat ham and canned pineapple - I would splurge and buy a real pineapple.

And change the ham to chicken...and use something besides cheese slices.

Oh, wait - then it WOULD be the Aloha Pizza! :) I agree - Love the Aloha Pizza, but this Luau Pizza looks really yuck. :yuck:

ChefBeckyD said:
And change the ham to chicken...and use something besides cheese slices.

Oh, wait - then it WOULD be the Aloha Pizza! :) I agree - Love the Aloha Pizza, but this Luau Pizza looks really yuck. :yuck:

Oh yes I forgot about the cheese slices!

I made the Buffalo Chicken wraps last night for the superbowl and they were delicous! Tasted just as good as some we get all the time at a local restaurant. :)

I amde the Chicken, Ham Wraps and whipped up some microwave chips on the chip maker....YUMMO!! New family favorite!

I am finding many more recipes than the Fall/Winter SB. And the grilling recipes look scrumptious too!:sing:

Made the Hot dog bites last night and the kids liked them. I am going to try the Luau pizza with chicken instead of ham. I think it looks good. I also bought the stuff to make the ham and swiss wraps. They look really good.

Can I ask where are you all finding these recipes?? I can't find the seasons best on CC??

Lisa/ChefBear said:
Can I ask where are you all finding these recipes?? I can't find the seasons best on CC??

You will get a new Season's Best in your changeover box but most of the people who are commenting went to Spring Launch where we got a copy.

The wraps are AMAZING!!!! I will be doing these at my shows!

Buffalo is the fav-
tried the garden fresh basil-

I did scale back a bit on the mayo-

but YUM!

I want to do more- I am thinking chicken, jerk seasoning, mayo, pineapple, scallions, carrots, and goat cheese-

btw- I do not like blue cheese subbed goat cheese YUM!

I made the Luau Pizza last night and it was really good. I didn't let my husband see the recipe because i thought if he knew the base/sauce was ketchup, he would tell me not to make it. I was really good. I used real pineapple, cheddar cheese slices and Sahlens deli ham. It was really, really good. My husband and I loved it! I would definitely make it again. The ketchup is awesome once you add the Smokey Applewood Rub to it.

Lisa/ChefBear said:

Some of these recipes are now up on CC under spring marketing guide.

I'm eating left over crumble cake for dessert tonight! Just as good the second day!!

So my son and I just made the Chicago-Style Hot Dog Bites for lunch. We had some leftover hot-dogs (true Chicago dogs), and I had biscuits, so I said "what the hey?! Why not!". We only made half the recipe...I used the 13" round stone, 1 container of Grands Homestyle biscuits- pulled apart like the recipe said (so I had 16 large biscuits that I laid out over the pan). I used two hot-dogs, but I should have just used 1 1/2- these hot dogs are EXTRA long. But two regular sized dogs would have been fine. Then I used half of the other items listed as well.I also added some diced up pepperocinis to my pieces for a bit of kick, but next time, I'll put out my Chicago Sport Peppers that I have - those are impossible to find in the rest of the country- or at least MY area. My SIL in Illinois bought us a warehouse-sized jar once as a joke, and I canned them into 1/2 pint jars. :D But pepperocinis work in a pinch.I also sprinkled some Celery Salt over the whole thing after adding the toppings. Not sure why they don't have THAT in the recipe...but that is part of the true Chi-dog experience. I was skeptical about the cheese, since that is NOT part of the true-dogs I've ever had in Chicago, but it wasn't even noticeable to me. YUMMO. I was pleasantly surprised! It's messy- but a hot dog piled high is too! The flavors were excellent- if you like a Chicago-style hot dog. If you don't, then obviously you wouldn't like this recipe. Definitely a repeat recipe for us- for light meals, or game-day, etc. I'm going to make the Lemon-Cherry Crumble Cake for my cluster meeting this weekend I think.

I was trained, that when choosing what you are going to demo - you always want to be thinking about the price point of the entire products you touch. Never choose a recipe under $300 in products and closer to $500 is better. (I know today we are thinking carry less, sell more). I love the new CD that came in our change over box, and as I watched the videos I wrote down the tools used. (You want to do if you are packing your bag, obviously).
What I came up with is this - and they are all great demos:
WRAP IT UP Show - you'll show $597.25 worth of products
Healthy Zucchini Parmesan Fries $519.25 worth of products
Lemon Cherry Crumble Cake $469.75 worth of products

This is exciting news. Some of you may choose slightly different tools (depending on what you have in your personal stash, and some may find additional ways to tweek and even show more, but for the most part - this is what Chef Damian used)

Chip
Visit my facebook "page" at -- and feel free to "like" if you do.
Cooking with Chip - Your Pampered Chef | Facebook

Made the Lemon Cherry Crumble Cake & LOVED it! I don't even like Cherries, but I love this cake!

flemings99 said:
Made the Lemon Cherry Crumble Cake & LOVED it! I don't even like Cherries, but I love this cake!
I bet this would be good with Blueberry PASTRY filling too. An old PC recipe has lemon-cake and blueberry filling and it was delicious.

Last edited:
esavvymom said:
I bet this would be good with Blueberry Pie filling too. An old PC recipe has lemon-cake and blueberry filling and it was delicious.

One thing to note - this recipe calls for Cherry PASTRY filling not pie filling. Pastry filling is much thicker (think Danish Pastry) and if you use pie filling, you are going to get a different end product than if you use pastry filling. The brand that I've found here for Pastry filling is SOLO, and it's usually right next to the pie filling.

ChefBeckyD said:
One thing to note - this recipe calls for Cherry PASTRY filling not pie filling. Pastry filling is much thicker (think Danish Pastry) and if you use pie filling, you are going to get a different end product than if you use pastry filling. The brand that I've found here for Pastry filling is SOLO, and it's usually right next to the pie filling.

Good point! Glad you said something...I probably would have gotten the wrong can tomorrow when I go to the store for the ingredients.

ChipLines said:
I was trained, that when choosing what you are going to demo - you always want to be thinking about the price point of the entire products you touch. Never choose a recipe under $300 in products and closer to $500 is better. (I know today we are thinking carry less, sell more). I love the new CD that came in our change over box, and as I watched the videos I wrote down the tools used. (You want to do if you are packing your bag, obviously).
What I came up with is this - and they are all great demos:
WRAP IT UP Show - you'll show $597.25 worth of products
Healthy Zucchini Parmesan Fries $519.25 worth of products
Lemon Cherry Crumble Cake $469.75 worth of products

This is exciting news. Some of you may choose slightly different tools (depending on what you have in your personal stash, and some may find additional ways to tweek and even show more, but for the most part - this is what Chef Damian used)

Chip
Visit my facebook "page" at -- and feel free to "like" if you do.
Cooking with Chip - Your Pampered Chef | Facebook

Thanks for the math :)

P.S. We're not allowed to link directly to our PWS here on CS. Your FB link is OK, and you can put in just the part after the slash for your PWS, but we can't have an active link.

ChefBeckyD said:
OK...WHERE do you find this one?? I know I have purchased this brand/product in the past (by mistake). Now when I WANT IT, I can't find it. I've been to two of our main grocery stores so far today: Food Lion and Harris Teeter.Is this a Walmart thing?? I'm guessing my Lowes store won't have it if Harris Teeter didn't. Uggh. I hate when they get such "special" products like that for a recipe. If I can't find it- a host likely won't either....so once you FIND the source, be sure that's at least the one ingredient for this recipe you DO bring. I don't like telling my hosts "you can only get this item at XYZ store" and send them on a wild-goose chase.Anyway- help? I'm supposed to make this for our meeting tomorrow morning (I need to be making it at 7am!)

esavvymom said:
OK...WHERE do you find this one?? I know I have purchased this brand/product in the past (by mistake). Now when I WANT IT, I can't find it. I've been to two of our main grocery stores so far today: Food Lion and Harris Teeter.Is this a Walmart thing?? I'm guessing my Lowes store won't have it if Harris Teeter didn't. Uggh. I hate when they get such "special" products like that for a recipe. If I can't find it- a host likely won't either....so once you FIND the source, be sure that's at least the one ingredient for this recipe you DO bring. I don't like telling my hosts "you can only get this item at XYZ store" and send them on a wild-goose chase.Anyway- help? I'm supposed to make this for our meeting tomorrow morning (I need to be making it at 7am!)
I don't shop at Walmart - so I know it's not a WM thing.Here's a link to what it looks like: http://www.solofoods.com/product-categories/cake-and-pastry-fillings and it also has a store locator on the website!The only two store chains we have in this area are Meijers, and Family Fare. At both of those, it's located in the same section as the pie filling, only on the top shelves, above eye level. There are different kinds - almond, poppy seed, raspberry, cherry....and it's a smaller can than pie filling also.

ChefBeckyD said:
I don't shop at Walmart - so I know it's not a WM thing.Here's a link to what it looks like: Cake and Pastry Fillings | Baking Ingredients | Solo Foods and it also has a store locator on the website!The only two store chains we have in this area are Meijers, and Family Fare. At both of those, it's located in the same section as the pie filling, only on the top shelves, above eye level. There are different kinds - almond, poppy seed, raspberry, cherry....and it's a smaller can than pie filling also.
I'll have to check that site then. I know what it looks like, and I checked both pie-filling sections. Nothing. Thanks though. I'll see what their site tells me.
But just bare it in mind when doing this recipe for a show!! ;)
Edit- Crud...it doesn't show any stores near me. hmmmmm..... I wonder if I can find cherry JAM or preserves around here to try the substitute method.

Just made the hot dog bites. Does anyone else think it has a typo? Is that supposed to be 3 cans of biscuits, instead of 2? I checked, and I did get the correct 12 oz size tubes of biscuits. There are 10 biscuits per tube.

The pictures in SB show the biscuits overlapping, and there are at least 20 already on the stone in the picture. The photo shows more on the cutting board, wiating to fill up the middle of the stone.

Mine, I had to space them apart. There weren't enough biscuits to have any of them overlap.

Meh, this recipe was OK. Fun & easy to make, but the taste didn't wow me. If I'm gonna spend that much $$ on ingredients and eat that much fat, I'll pick something else next time:thumbdown:
It would be OK if you already had poppy seed, canned biscuits, and pickles, and leftover hotdogs, I guess. But to buy all the ingredients at once it's pretty expensive for the end result not being craveable.

ShellBeach said:
Just made the hot dog bites. Does anyone else think it has a typo? Is that supposed to be 3 cans of biscuits, instead of 2? I checked, and I did get the correct 12 oz size tubes of biscuits. There are 10 biscuits per tube.

The pictures in SB show the biscuits overlapping, and there are at least 20 already on the stone in the picture. The photo shows more on the cutting board, wiating to fill up the middle of the stone.

Mine, I had to space them apart. There weren't enough biscuits to have any of them overlap.

Meh, this recipe was OK. Fun & easy to make, but the taste didn't wow me. If I'm gonna spend that much $$ on ingredients and eat that much fat, I'll pick something else next time:thumbdown:
It would be OK if you already had poppy seed, canned biscuits, and pickles, and leftover hotdogs, I guess. But to buy all the ingredients at once it's pretty expensive for the end result not being craveable.

You are supposed to split the biscuits apart- which is why buttermilk biscuits work best- since they come apart pretty easy. So splitting them apart gives you 40 biscuit rounds, vs 20. They won't puff up as high either.

esavvymom said:
OK...WHERE do you find this one?? I know I have purchased this brand/product in the past (by mistake). Now when I WANT IT, I can't find it. I've been to two of our main grocery stores so far today: Food Lion and Harris Teeter.

Is this a Walmart thing?? I'm guessing my Lowes store won't have it if Harris Teeter didn't. Uggh. I hate when they get such "special" products like that for a recipe. If I can't find it- a host likely won't either....so once you FIND the source, be sure that's at least the one ingredient for this recipe you DO bring. I don't like telling my hosts "you can only get this item at XYZ store" and send them on a wild-goose chase.

Anyway- help? I'm supposed to make this for our meeting tomorrow morning (I need to be making it at 7am!)

Did you read the Cook's Tip about using jam and cornstarch instead of the pastry filling?

My mother used to make a pastry thing for Christmas breakfast, one with apricot filling and one with prune filling. That's how I know about the Solo brand. I don't like the idea of cherry in this cake, but I might try it with apricot or maybe even blueberry if it's pureed or jam and not hunks of blueberry. I'm picky :)

My Walmart originally didn't have the pastry filling when I shopped for a different recipe a while back. They do now but not as many flavors as one of our local grocery stores (although it is about $1 cheaper at Walmart!). At my Walmart it's on the top shelf by the pie filling.Oh by the way make sure that you get the right size cake mix (it tells you the ounces). I didn't pay attention when I grabbed it so my box had less cake flour so I used just slightly less than 3/4 cup when making the crumble topping - left the rest of the ingredients for the crumble topping the same. Came out perfect!

esavvymom said:
You are supposed to split the biscuits apart- which is why buttermilk biscuits work best- since they come apart pretty easy. So splitting them apart gives you 40 biscuit rounds, vs 20. They won't puff up as high either.

hahaha. Guess who can't read even though she thought she read through the recipe 3 times?:blushing:
Thanks, that was bugging me.

The Lemon Cherry Crumble Cake in the new season's best......OMG. YUM!!

Made it for cluster meeting today and it was a big hit. I ended up using cherry preserves and cornstarch as suggested in the Cooks Tips. For a full cake, I think I would do double the preserves next time. the jar my DH found was barely 1 cup. But it still was fantastic. I think it would be yummy-licious with blueberry too.

I wonder if I could use a smaller cake mix or half of a full, and make this in the RCB?? It is too much if I want to make it for my family, because half of them wouldnt eat it....leaving the two of us who need to eat it the LEAST. But a smaller cake would be perfect. It didnt puff up so much so that I think it would work. maybe I will try that soon for one of our scout committee meetings as a treat and I will let you know.

I'm allergic to tree nuts, but would like to try the Lemon-Cherry Crumble Cake. Any suggestions for an alternate way to make the crumble topping? Should I use oatmeal? Thinking it may not be the right consistancy if I just use the cake mix and butter without something more substantive.

Jennie50 said:
I'm allergic to tree nuts, but would like to try the Lemon-Cherry Crumble Cake. Any suggestions for an alternate way to make the crumble topping? Should I use oatmeal? Thinking it may not be the right consistancy if I just use the cake mix and butter without something more substantive.

What about a granola that has no nuts in it? I used that instead of nuts in a cake I made one time and it was delicious.

Shari in TX

Thursday night I made a version of the Blackberry Balsamic Pork Stir-Fry with Orzo. My family doesn't eat pork, so I made it with chicken. Other than that change, I followed the instructions in the recipe.

The family really enjoyed the whole meal. The only thing my husband didn't like was there were a few seeds in the sauce and he's not a fan of blackberry seeds.

My only complaint was 3/4 cup of the Blackberry Balsamic Sauce was most of a bottle. I've used a little for a couple of tastings shows and this used almost all of the rest of it. That makes the recipe a little expensive to me. But since we really enjoyed the idea of the orzo mixed with veggies topped with chicken and sauce, I'm thinking it can probably be made with other sauces as well -- both PC and non.

My daughter really wants to try the other recipe using the same sauce over a salad. Guess I'll have to buy some more Blackberry Balsamic Sauce soon.

Shari in TX

Shari in TX said:
Thursday night I made a version of the Blackberry Balsamic Pork Stir-Fry with Orzo. My family doesn't eat pork, so I made it with chicken. Other than that change, I followed the instructions in the recipe.

The family really enjoyed the whole meal. The only thing my husband didn't like was there were a few seeds in the sauce and he's not a fan of blackberry seeds.

My only complaint was 3/4 cup of the Blackberry Balsamic Sauce was most of a bottle. I've used a little for a couple of tastings shows and this used almost all of the rest of it. That makes the recipe a little expensive to me. But since we really enjoyed the idea of the orzo mixed with veggies topped with chicken and sauce, I'm thinking it can probably be made with other sauces as well -- both PC and non.

My daughter really wants to try the other recipe using the same sauce over a salad. Guess I'll have to buy some more Blackberry Balsamic Sauce soon.

Shari in TX

I was just looking at this recipe tonight and thinking that I would like to try it. I bought some Blackberry Balsalmic sauce on a supply order and haven't used it yet. I've also got an open bottle of Ginger Wasabi that I have not used with a recipe yet (just did tastings with it). Would that sub into this recipe well, do you think?

Shari in TX said:
My only complaint was 3/4 cup of the Blackberry Balsamic Sauce was most of a bottle.
Thanks for your review! I've been wanting to try that balsamic. My problem is the opposite, though - I would rather use up a bottle of sauce for a recipe. Waaaaay too many sauce bottles in the fridge, if you know what I mean.
For example the Thai Peanut - it ws really yummy as a dipping sauce with broiled shrimp, but now I've got a 1/2 bottle sitting there, so I've either got to make more shrimp or throw it away. I have The Guilt throwing food away.

ShellBeach said:
Thanks for your review! I've been wanting to try that balsamic. My problem is the opposite, though - I would rather use up a bottle of sauce for a recipe. Waaaaay too many sauce bottles in the fridge, if you know what I mean.
For example the Thai Peanut - it ws really yummy as a dipping sauce with broiled shrimp, but now I've got a 1/2 bottle sitting there, so I've either got to make more shrimp or throw it away. I have The Guilt throwing food away.

I like the Thai Peanut as a salad dressing. Can be used with a stir-fry, too. I like it with the shrimp so just pour it over the whole plate: shrimp, rice, salad. I don't care how long the bottle has been sitting in my fridge.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
gailz2
  • PCJenni
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
kristina16marie
  • pchockeymom
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies