• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What's Your Opinion on Slutty Brownies?

In summary, there is a recipe for "Slutty Brownies" that has been found on a blog and is highly recommended. Some people have concerns about the name, but others have successfully made them for church and other groups. There are suggestions to try different flavors of brownies and to make them in a square metal pan or a new brownie pan. The recipe calls for a cookie mix and a brownie mix, and some people have had success making them in an 8x8 glass pan. The brownies are very rich and a small piece goes a long way.
wadesgirl
Gold Member
I haven't made these but found it on another blog - wonder if we could make it microwavable in the DCB?!
The Londoner: Slutty Brownies

:love: oh my...!! These look DIVINE! I may have to try them as the recipe calls, and then try again using the DCB!

I want to send this recipe to my MIL to make but I'm afraid if I send it to her work it will get blocked because of the name!

Yeah, I think I'd need to change it's name. Can't take that to a church function and call it Slutty Brownies! :eek: :blushing:

If only I had a box of Choc. Chip Cookie mix around here. I never buy that stuff, but definitely have lots of cake & brownie mixes laying around. :D

Make some homemade cookie dough! I was shocked last time to discover I actually had everything to make them!

I make these all the time
for church or other groups I call them "gotta have more" brownies
I use our square metal pan for a single batch if I double I use 9 x 13 and double the cookie pouches and a 9 x 13 mix for brownies. Try different flavors of brownies my kids love the triple chunk

wadesgirl said:
I want to send this recipe to my MIL to make but I'm afraid if I send it to her work it will get blocked because of the name!

I am at work and I wondered if our internet would let me even open it..but it did. I told them here at work that I will make them sometime.

OMG have to make these!!

they can be made in the new brownie pan...

Love the idea of the new brownie pan!!! Thanks for this great recipe.

nancycookspc said:
they can be made in the new brownie pan...

Okay I might have to try this now!!

They make peanut butter oreos and mint oreos which I think either of them would make this recipe even MORE appealing!! YUMMY and trying it this weekend!!!

So the other day while I was at the store, the ingredients to make this just happened to jump in the cart. ;) :D I'm thinking of making them tonight, but I'm unsure of what size pan to use. The cookie mix I bought says it makes 3 dozen (17.5oz pkg) and I have the 9x13 size brownie mix. I'm guessing this cookie mix is bigger than the one in that blog, so I should be okay with making it in the 9x13 stoneware baker, right?

babywings76 said:
So the other day while I was at the store, the ingredients to make this just happened to jump in the cart. ;) :D I'm thinking of making them tonight, but I'm unsure of what size pan to use. The cookie mix I bought says it makes 3 dozen (17.5oz pkg) and I have the 9x13 size brownie mix. I'm guessing this cookie mix is bigger than the one in that blog, so I should be okay with making it in the 9x13 stoneware baker, right?

I made these last weekend (thanks a lot wadesgirl;)).

I made them in a glass 8x8 pan just like the pics show & using the 16 oreos.

The cookie mix I used was the same as you have (3 doz 17.5 oz package). I thought for sure I was using too large a batch for the 8x8 and would end up with extra cookie dough to eat (yumyum), but much to my disappointment, the cookie dought just fit in the 8x8. So, I do not think you could stretch it to the 9x13.

But, the brownie size I used was a smaller box. Giant brand has a smaller box that calls for 1 egg for the regular recipe. That is the one I used. I would not use larger. As it was, I baked it 5-8 minutes longer to get the brownies done.

So, if you do the 8x8, don't use all the brownie batter - you'll have extra for yourself! Make few brownies in the new pan with the left over mix. (yumyum)

The brownies are VERY VERY rich. A small piece goes a long way. So the 8x8 was more than adequate.

ENJOY! These were delish!

kam said:
I made these last weekend (thanks a lot wadesgirl;)).

I made them in a glass 8x8 pan just like the pics show & using the 16 oreos.

The cookie mix I used was the same as you have (3 doz 17.5 oz package). I thought for sure I was using too large a batch for the 8x8 and would end up with extra cookie dough to eat (yumyum), but much to my disappointment, the cookie dought just fit in the 8x8. So, I do not think you could stretch it to the 9x13.

But, the brownie size I used was a smaller box. Giant brand has a smaller box that calls for 1 egg for the regular recipe. That is the one I used. I would not use larger. As it was, I baked it 5-8 minutes longer to get the brownies done.

So, if you do the 8x8, don't use all the brownie batter - you'll have extra for yourself! Make few brownies in the new pan with the left over mix. (yumyum)

The brownies are VERY VERY rich. A small piece goes a long way. So the 8x8 was more than adequate.

ENJOY! These were delish!
You are very welcome!! I'm still interested to try these in the brownie pan!

wadesgirl said:
You are very welcome!! I'm still interested to try these in the brownie pan!

I made them for work last Monday. They were a HIT!

When you had posted the recipe, I emailed it to my friend at work and she passed it around to few girls in the dept. Everyone begged me to make them.

I am not sure how they would be in the Brownie pan. These were very thick. They were the full height of a Pyrex glass baking dish. I saw the brwonie pan tonight and I am thinking they were twice as thick.

kam said:
I made them for work last Monday. They were a HIT!

When you had posted the recipe, I emailed it to my friend at work and she passed it around to few girls in the dept. Everyone begged me to make them.

I am not sure how they would be in the Brownie pan. These were very thick. They were the full height of a Pyrex glass baking dish. I saw the brwonie pan tonight and I am thinking they were twice as thick.

Yikes! I still want to try it - with or without my brownie pan!

Made these in the Brownie Pan today, and they turned out great!

I used a 17.5 oz Duncan Hines chocolate chip cookie mix, a 19.9 oz box of Duncan Hines brownie mix, and about 2/3 container (probably could have gotten away with 1/2) of Double-Stuff Oreos. I was able to make 2 batches of brownies (24) with the ingredients.

Made the mixes according to package instructions, though I added 1 tsp water and 1 tsp vegetable oil, per the recipe suggestion. I used the Silicone Basting Brush with vegetable oil to grease the pan, then used the Medium Scoop to portion cookie dough into the wells. I greased the Mini-Tart Shaper (held the end of the Shaper against the spout of vegetable oil bottle and quickly turned it upside down, then right-side up again to douse it with oil), and used it to press the cookie dough into the corners of the Brownie Pan wells (worked better after chilling the dough). I used the Meat Tenderizer to coursely chop up the Oreos (though, next time I'll try the MFP...mine was out on loan to a friend), and sprinkled those over the cookie dough. I then used the Medium Scoop to dump brownie mix on top, and spread it to the corners with the Small Spreader. Baked in a 350 degree oven for approximately 18 minutes. Let cool on the Stackable Cooling Rack, then removed the brownies...they slid out very easily!

My kids loved 'em, and I also gave a plate to my neighbors, who are moving today. Thanks for finding the recipe, wadesgirl!

Oops, meant to attach pictures...

I have a package of Mint Oreos, so I'm gonna make the next batch with those! ☺

Attachments

• IMAG0645.jpg
    IMAG0645.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 494
  • IMAG0646.jpg
    IMAG0646.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 506
Glad to know it worked! Do you think you could have fit the whole oreo in there without crushing? I also thought about just using the tubed cookie dough, slicing and pressing into the bottom of the pan. Might make a quick 2nd recipe for a show!

I made mine in the rectangle baker and they were fabulous! I bought the pouch of chocolate chip cookie dough (which was difficult to spread over parchment paper), 1 package of double stuff oreos and all but 1 fit in the pan (so I ate it as instructed) and then I used a fudgy brownie box mix. I will be making them again this weekend.

wadesgirl said:
Glad to know it worked! Do you think you could have fit the whole oreo in there without crushing? I also thought about just using the tubed cookie dough, slicing and pressing into the bottom of the pan. Might make a quick 2nd recipe for a show!

No, I don't think it would've fit with a layer of brownie over top, which is why I crushed them. I was okay with this, 'cuz I wasn't sure what the point of leaving them whole was to start with...aren't the brownies more uniform with them crushed? How do the whole Oreos turn out? Do they soften up a bit and meld with the brownie?

Let us know how the tube cookie dough turns out!

Has anyone microwaved 'em in the DCB with success yet?

the oreos get soft. I cut them when they were still warm so they cut easily. Has anyone tried cutting them after they cooled?I cut them when they were warm because I couldn't stand to wait any longer to taste them! lol

Brenda.the.chef said:
the oreos get soft. I cut them when they were still warm so they cut easily. Has anyone tried cutting them after they cooled?

I cut them when they were warm because I couldn't stand to wait any longer to taste them! lol

I made mine the night before bringing them to work. I did not cut them. They cut just fine after cooling!

Jennie50 said:
No, I don't think it would've fit with a layer of brownie over top, which is why I crushed them. I was okay with this, 'cuz I wasn't sure what the point of leaving them whole was to start with...aren't the brownies more uniform with them crushed? How do the whole Oreos turn out? Do they soften up a bit and meld with the brownie?

Let us know how the tube cookie dough turns out!

Has anyone microwaved 'em in the DCB with success yet?

Oh! The point of leaving them whole is having a whole medley of yummy goodness. When eating you first get brownie and think "yum". Then you get oreo and think "yum" again. And then chocolate chip cookies after that ! "yum yum yum!" You truly do taste all 3 separate tastes!!!

I am so sorry I am reading this thread today! NOW I WANT SOME! :)

kam said:
Oh! The point of leaving them whole is having a whole medley of yummy goodness. When eating you first get brownie and think "yum". Then you get oreo and think "yum" again. And then chocolate chip cookies after that ! "yum yum yum!" You truly do taste all 3 separate tastes!!!

I am so sorry I am reading this thread today! NOW I WANT SOME! :)

Yeah, you kinda get that with the crushed Oreos too, but I'll have to try it with them whole...sounds like you get more distinct layers.

Okay, so I ended up making them the other night before I saw your advice about not using the whole brownie batter. I made them in the stoneware Square Baker because once I saw the cookie batter made up, I didn't think it was enough to cover the bottom of the Rectangular Baker. I used PB flavor Oreos. I did use the whole brownie batter because as I poured it on top, it seemed to be okay. It had to cover up the Oreos thickness, so it worked okay. I baked it at 350. It took a long time to bake though. I wonder if I should've taken it out sooner, but every time I poked it with the cake tester, it was coming out gooey and the top of the brownies seemed to jiggly. (Hindsight, the gooeyness was probably completely normal and what is so good about this recipe...I should've remembered the picture and how gooey it looked in the middle.) I think I baked it almost 20 minutes longer than the recipe says. The bad news? I baked this so late at night, I fell asleep watching tv with DH that I didn't even get to eat a piece while it was fresh and warm. It was fine the next day, I just popped a piece in the microwave for a few seconds to warm it up. The oreos don't get warm enough, but the other parts get hot, so I missed out on the whole effect it would've had if I had eaten them fresh. Verdict? It still is really good despite my screw-ups. :blushing: I'll have to make it again sometime and do it right.

babywings76 said:
Okay, so I ended up making them the other night before I saw your advice about not using the whole brownie batter. I made them in the stoneware Square Baker because once I saw the cookie batter made up, I didn't think it was enough to cover the bottom of the Rectangular Baker. I used PB flavor Oreos. I did use the whole brownie batter because as I poured it on top, it seemed to be okay. It had to cover up the Oreos thickness, so it worked okay.

I baked it at 350. It took a long time to bake though. I wonder if I should've taken it out sooner, but every time I poked it with the cake tester, it was coming out gooey and the top of the brownies seemed to jiggly. (Hindsight, the gooeyness was probably completely normal and what is so good about this recipe...I should've remembered the picture and how gooey it looked in the middle.) I think I baked it almost 20 minutes longer than the recipe says.

The bad news? I baked this so late at night, I fell asleep watching tv with DH that I didn't even get to eat a piece while it was fresh and warm. It was fine the next day, I just popped a piece in the microwave for a few seconds to warm it up. The oreos don't get warm enough, but the other parts get hot, so I missed out on the whole effect it would've had if I had eaten them fresh.

Verdict? It still is really good despite my screw-ups. :blushing: I'll have to make it again sometime and do it right.

Just a few thoughts, most likely you had to bake it longer, because you went from the rectangle baker to the square baker, so the batter was thicker ( in height not thickness) if that makes sense ;) Also when rehaeting, make it a low wattage ( almost defrost) then everything will be warm. HTH :D

wadesgirl said:

So, I tried the Slutty Brownies again, using a tube of Tollhouse cookie dough, and leaving the Oreos whole. I don't know if it was the cookie dough, or the fact that I overbaked them (I did 18 min at 350 degrees), but they turned out kinda dry and crumbly. I had liberally greased the pan with vegetable oil, but they were extremely difficult to get out of the pan intact. I also didn't love the Oreos whole and will likely crush them again next time I make 'em.

Attachments

• IMAG0690.jpg
    IMAG0690.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 470
babywings76 said:
Yeah, I think I'd need to change it's name. Can't take that to a church function and call it Slutty Brownies! :eek: :blushing:

I would probably take them to church and call them that but then my dh would KILL me. They look so good but I will have to wait for some excuse to make them since we try not to keep that stuff here in the house:p

1. What exactly are "Slutty Brownies"?

"Slutty Brownies" are a popular dessert that consists of three layers: a base layer of cookie dough, a middle layer of Oreo cookies, and a top layer of brownie batter. The name is meant to be playful and provocative, but the recipe itself is simply a combination of three delicious treats.

2. Where did the name "Slutty Brownies" come from?

The name "Slutty Brownies" was coined by The Londoner, a food blogger who first shared the recipe in 2011. It is believed that the name was chosen because the dessert is a combination of three indulgent treats, making it "promiscuous" or "slutty".

3. Can "Slutty Brownies" be made in the microwave using the Deep Covered Baker (DCB)?

While it is possible to make "Slutty Brownies" in the microwave using the DCB, it is not recommended. The DCB is meant for oven use and may not cook the dessert evenly or produce the desired texture. It is best to stick to the traditional oven method for making these brownies.

4. Are "Slutty Brownies" difficult to make?

No, "Slutty Brownies" are actually quite simple to make. The recipe only requires three ingredients and can be assembled in just a few minutes. However, the baking time may take up to 45 minutes, so plan accordingly.

5. Can I make any substitutions in the "Slutty Brownies" recipe?

Absolutely! The beauty of this recipe is its versatility. You can use any type of cookie dough and brownie mix that you prefer. You can also get creative with the middle layer and use different types of cookies or add toppings like chocolate chips or peanut butter cups. The possibilities are endless!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Admin Greg
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
  • Suzyengl
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Suzyengl
  • Jennie50