1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: New "recipe" for you to try!

1. c00p

c00p Veteran Member Gold Member

Using the wedger, core, slice and peel the pineapple, then turn the wedger and slice the pineapple again making large cubes. (You may want to cut these cubes again.) Then take half a slice of bacon and wrap around each chunk of pineapple and secure with a toothpick. Brush each piece with the Spicy Pineapple Rum Sauce and grill (either in the grill pan or grill basket outside) until the bacon is crispy. You can also bake these on the Large Sheet Pan at 375 for about 20-25 minutes. Yummo!!!

Mar 27, 2009
  2. KristinS

KristinS Member

Ooh, sounds divine! I had guests at a show last night who decided to spread the cream cheese w/Pineapple Rum sauce on fresh pineapple wedges instead of crackers - they were all RAVING about how great it was!

Mar 27, 2009
  3. ChefPaulaB

ChefPaulaB Veteran Member

Sounds good, my only problem is that whenever I try to make anything wrapped in bacon on the grill I can never get the bacon to cook until crisp without burning the works. Any tips on how long this would take on the grill with the basket? And what temp for the grill? Sounds like it would be a fun one to try...

Mar 27, 2009
  4. Teresa Lynn

Teresa Lynn Legacy Member Gold Member

I always microwave my bacon a little before grilling or roasting

Mar 27, 2009
  5. c00p

c00p Veteran Member Gold Member

I only cook on low temp for the grill and then put the lid down. The bacon does tend to get rather crispy on the edges (but I like it that way!) before the middle does. I think it's a good idea to nuke it for just a couple of minutes to make sure it's cooked better.

Mar 27, 2009
  6. missyciccolella

missyciccolella Advanced Member

Ok, now that I'm hungry...I need to give this a shot. SOunds great and thanks for sharing!

7. raebates

raebates Legend Member Staff Member

That sounds really great.

Mar 27, 2009
  8. BlessedWifeMommy

BlessedWifeMommy Veteran Member

That does sound good!

9. Chef Gilles

Chef Gilles Member Gold Member

You might consider marinating your chunks of pineapple in rum before wrapping...the taste is devine...even try coconut rum!

Mar 27, 2009
  10. ChefPaulaB

ChefPaulaB Veteran Member

Oooh, now you're talking! Forget the grilling and bacon, just pineapple and coconut rum! hmmmmm :sing:

Mar 27, 2009
  11. I don't know where you guys come up with this stuff... but I am so glad you do! This sounds Yummy!! :)

Mar 27, 2009
Have something to add?