1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: New Recipe cards - My issues

1. pampchefrhondab

pampchefrhondab Senior Member

I love the new recipe cards, so don't get me wrong. I just have a few issues with them.

First of all I am allergic to mushrooms:blushing:! I can sub the soup w/celery soup, but I don't really have a replacement for the mushrooms.

Second, what size do they consider a med. Zucchini? Have they seen the size they grow in Indiana? I wish they would just say how many cups:rolleyes:!

Anway, didn't know if anyone else has these problems.

Thanks for listening (reading actually)!

2. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

I always consider veggies interchangeable in recipes. Just sub whatever you want for the mushrooms. For the Turkey Tetrazzini, we all thought that broccoli or asparagus would be good in there - as well as some sweet red pepper.

Zucchini - I'd just put it in til it looks right. I don't usually measure veggies anyway.

Aug 17, 2009
  3. etteluap70PC

etteluap70PC Legacy Member Gold Member

For ammounts it can also depend on your tastes... If it's something you really like load it up. If it's soso, just a bit. At least that's how I do it.

Aug 17, 2009
  4. chefann

chefann Legend Member Gold Member

I thought there wasn't enough zucchini in the Parm Chicken using just 1. If you have a big one, go ahead and use it.

(Please don't read that as dirty as it sounds in my head.)

Aug 17, 2009
  5. baychef

baychef Senior Member Silver Member

If you think it...you KNOW we thought it too! Maybe KG will not comment on this...I have my doubts, however!
    And back on subject...we all have to tweek the recipes to suit our taste (and allergies and food dislikes)

Depending on the season, I can find a zucchini the size of a hamburger pickle (before it is sliced, of course!) and then this time of year the local gardens are producing zucchinis the size of the Goodyear blimp!!:eek:

Aug 17, 2009
Have something to add?