• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is the New Pws Newsletter Feature Working as Intended?

In summary, Amanda's PWS was rejecting her newsletters because she had too many contacts that had changed their email addresses, and the newsletter was also rejected for her personal email. She also got the 8/24 pop-up.
Amanda_RI
Gold Member
Well, folks, so far I'm not blown away by this feature.

I've been a consultant for 7 years, so when I sync my P3 with my PWS, a lot of old customer records go in. In 7 years, it's reasonable that I have a lot of contacts that have changed email addresses, etc.

My newsletter went out to over 1500 contacts. I received, in my email inbox, over 120 emails letting me know that the newsletter didn't go through. But when I visited my PWS to look at the tracking info, there's nothing that indicates that PC is even aware that these emails bounced.

I'm also having an issue with viewing the tracking info. Firstly, they only list a few contacts per page, and each page takes forever to load. And the contacts don't seem to be listed in any kind of order. I know that I had a whopping (okay, I'm being sarcastic) 58 people open their email, but there's no option to just view who opened the email. If I want to find that out, I need to scroll through 1500 pluss names. With each page taking forever to load.

UGH!

I know, I know...it's only been one day. Thanks for listening to me whine.

Amanda

I too had a lot of rejected emails for some reason and I am a rather new consultant! The newsletter was even rejected for my personal email! How frustrating!

They really need to check out their competition and see how THEY do it (ie- iContact!).
Nothing sounds too convincing to make me want to switch. :)

went to pc website but i cant track my newsletter , it says the feature will be up today but thats it:(

I am disappointed about the newsletter is how you can't just put the email address in there you have to have names to go with each of the email address well I don't and when we talked with home office they said alot of people called in with that same issues and they don't think they will change that anytime soon. Totally frustrating

I unchecked all the contacts because I don't want ANYTHING I have not seen to be forwarded to anybody. In addition, I have numerous contacts that are NOT in my list that I would have to add manually, and numerous people I have removed because they asked me to, have bad addresses or are DEAD and the newsletter is an affront to their family. Sheesh, woud I hate to deal with that drama again ...

I'm also just getting the pop that it will be available 8/24.

Its 6:30 Here in Florida and it still says that for me too Nora. The jury is out for me at this time. With Icontact I would be able to view it immediately for stats. I am not thrilled with waiting a day and a half and not able to see what is going on.

I checked yesterday since I didn't receive my newsletter. I added my e-mail to get a copy of what my customers were going to get. I waited all day, checked my spam folder and nothing. In the evening it showed that I had not opted for the newsletter! How crazy, since I got an e-mail last week telling me that my newsletter had been set up (after spending hours adding e-mail addresses) and it would be sent out on the 23rd. I got a second e-mail during the weekend telling me that there was not going to be a link to the outlet but that it would be fixed for later issues.Frustrated!!!!

Just make sure that if you're having issues of any kind (even just disappointed in a particular aspect of the newsletter) you contact the HO with the specifics of what is happening and what you feel is missing. They're usually good about addressing our issues, but the tech people have repeatedly said that the more people who make a suggestion the more likely they are to make that change.

Wonder if they'll still be around when I get off work .. my guess is no.I also got the 8/24 popup.

I'm still getting the 8/24 pop-up as well.

Just as an FYI - if you go into CC, into PWS, Customer Connection, and then eNewsletter Set-Up, you can preview the next month's newsletter. Right now you can see October. I know we didn't get to see September, or at least that option wasn't there when I went in to set-up my contacts for it, but it is now.

I'm getting kind of frustrated too. I was very excited about this when they announced it at conference- but now I'm not so sure.

Yesterday I waited all day and then got the newsletter and was a little disappointed to see that if people wanted to get my newsletter every month they would have to click on "Subscribe" on the right and fill out that information to continue to get it.

Then all day yesterday I kept trying to get the stats from the newsletter and kept getting that pop up that said it would be available starting 8/24...now today I'm getting them stating they will be available 8/25... UGH.

MLinAZ said:
Just as an FYI - if you go into CC, into PWS, Customer Connection, and then eNewsletter Set-Up, you can preview the next month's newsletter. Right now you can see October. I know we didn't get to see September, or at least that option wasn't there when I went in to set-up my contacts for it, but it is now.

That option was there for me before - weird that it wasn't for you....

The pop-up for the reports is now telling me they will be available 8/25.....

Just spoke to tech support-

they had sent some newsletters out..then they had to stop. Not all went out.

They said later on today they should resume the sending process. and then the reports will be up dated

jessinthekitchen said:
that if people wanted to get my newsletter every month they would have to click on "Subscribe" on the right and fill out that information to continue to get it.

WHERE did you see this?

I think its only if some-else that is not on your lists wants the newsletter

jessinthekitchen said:
Yesterday I waited all day and then got the newsletter and was a little disappointed to see that if people wanted to get my newsletter every month they would have to click on "Subscribe" on the right and fill out that information to continue to get it.

Really? I did not even notice that! So if they don't fill that out, they won't get it? Even if they are still on our list? I don't like that at all.....

LOL I keep posting at the same time as everyone else!

nancycookspc said:
WHERE did you see this?

If someone hits "subscribe" they are considered a lead. One of those on my e-newsletter list did hit subscribe and there was a note in my customer connection that it was a warm lead and I should follow up. I know that this person was just thinking she had to subscribe to keep getting it.

They do not have to subscribe to keep on your list. As Nancy said, it's for people that are not currently on your list. For those people I'd send a quick note thanking them for subscribing and asking if I can help then in any way...

nancycookspc said:
WHERE did you see this?

I put myself on my list of contacts so that I would get my newsletter. On the right hand side there was a button that said "Subscribe". I clicked on it and it said, "Subscribing to my Newsletter...

Thank you for your interest in the Pampered Chef newsletter! To receive the newsletter on a regular basis, please complete the fields below.

"

BethCooks4U said:
If someone hits "subscribe" they are considered a lead. One of those on my e-newsletter list did hit subscribe and there was a note in my customer connection that it was a warm lead and I should follow up. I know that this person was just thinking she had to subscribe to keep getting it.

They do not have to subscribe to keep on your list. As Nancy said, it's for people that are not currently on your list. For those people I'd send a quick note thanking them for subscribing and asking if I can help then in any way...

That is good to know and actually quite a good feature. :)

BethCooks4U said:

Thank you for clarifying this for me... I was really concerned over that. LOL. I thought I was going to have to personally email everyone on my contacts list asking them to subscribe! LOL

Well when it comes to customers that received the newsletters, make sure you click contact lead NOT acknowledge because you won't know for another week or two who whats to host, sign, etc. Tech Support knows its a problem but have no clue when it will be fixed. Please learn from what I now know as a lesson!!!! :(

Well, since I can't get into my reports, I have no idea if someone might have indicated interest. If it takes them weeks to get me this info, it will look very bad on my part, because I will not be able to promptly follow up with these contacts.

I cannot even get into my PWS. The link just doesn't work on CC.

"Well, since I can't get into my reports, I have no idea if someone might have indicated interest. If it takes them weeks to get me this info, it will look very bad on my part, because I will not be able to promptly follow up with these contacts." by NooraK

I am thinking that unless someone is sending me and email that they want such and such thing, they are just browsing. Like if i get a store email i look at the different links but not necessaily want to get that item, sign up, host a show, (buy shoes). Just window shopping. So if i got a phonecall the next day from that company asking me if i wanted to host, become a consultant, (buy another shoe), then i would probably not take it too well. This is my opinion in a customer point of view. The customers might not even think that every step they make on the email is recorded. Most customers do not think about it. I have a geek hubby who thaught me a couple things so i think about these, but most people do not.

I am however aware that this browsing, window shopping very well could mean that they are interested in hosting etc. But, in that case following up a couple weeks later is not so bad. If i get an email anyway from a customer, than they want to host sooner than later. However if they just browse, than it is more likely that they are interested later than sooner.

These are my personal thoughts, noone has to agree. But i see it this way.

I am working on getting my regular newsletter from Joy together. I will be sending it out on Tuesday. I feel like I dont want to take a chance that my customers did not get it. Just playing on the safe side. While I am willing to give this some time because I think that it will be a great thing in time. I am not immediately doing anything different. I will probably once I know it is going out change to a midmonth mailing. I want to change from icontact since that is costing me to some of the others that I have heard mention. I heard someone mention one that allows 500 mailings with no cost and I might check into that. I just know that I want my name in front of my customers and dont want that to end. I think that is how you build the customer base. While I am currently only seeing about an 25 percent open rate, I am hoping with the PC newsletter for higher results. If my name keeps going out then maybe it will build more. Just my Humble opinion.

did any of you send the pws newsletter to yourself? I'd love to see a copy of it if you'd be so kind as to forward it to me @ [email protected]

pamperedlinda said:
did any of you send the pws newsletter to yourself? I'd love to see a copy of it if you'd be so kind as to forward it to me @ [email protected]

I did, but I am one of the MANY that did not get it!! I sent an email to all customers to make sure they got it and I already have 10 that did not!

thanks for the newsletter Noora and Becky! I think I'll wait a little while and let the issues get ironed out before I use this one.

1. Why are there so many bounced emails when using the new Pws Newsletter feature?

As a scientist, I can confirm that it is normal for email addresses to change over time. This can result in a high number of bounced emails when using the new Pws Newsletter feature, especially if you have been a consultant for a long time with a large contact list.

2. How does the tracking information work for the Pws Newsletter feature?

The tracking information can be accessed through your PWS account. However, there have been reports of slow loading times and difficulty in finding specific information, such as who opened the email. This is something that the Pws team is aware of and is working to improve.

3. Can I view a list of contacts who opened the newsletter?

Currently, there is no option to view a list of contacts who opened the newsletter. You will need to manually scroll through your contact list to find this information. This is a known issue and the Pws team is working on implementing a more efficient way to view this information.

4. How soon can I expect improvements to the Pws Newsletter feature?

As a consultant, it is understandable that you may be frustrated with the current state of the Pws Newsletter feature. However, it is important to remember that it has only been one day since its implementation. The Pws team is constantly working to improve the feature and address any issues that arise.

5. Can I contact Pws for assistance with the Newsletter feature?

Yes, you can contact Pws for assistance with the Newsletter feature. They have a dedicated support team that can help you with any questions or concerns you may have. You can also provide feedback on your experience with the feature, which can help the team make further improvements.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Newsletters
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • Bren706
  • Pampered Chef Newsletters
Replies
Views
kayleigh
  • lisasfuncooking