1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: New Product Most Excited About?

1. DebPC

DebPC Legacy Member Staff Member

Please share what it is and why.

Jul 20, 2009
  2. ChefMary412

ChefMary412 Advanced Member

Personally- the Dots Martini glasses... they are beautiful and this is my #1 WANT FOR PERSONAL USE. :love:

Professional- I think the conversion magnet will do very well. To have all that info in one spot is great. I usually have to say a little poem, "A pint, a pound the world around.... " I know it should help convert things, but I am not sure how!! :eek:

Jul 20, 2009
  3. NooraK

NooraK Legend Member Gold Member

I like that the trivet is perfectly shaped for the DCB.

Jul 20, 2009
  4. raebates

raebates Legend Member Staff Member

I've wanted 2-Cup Prep Bowls for a long time. I think they're the perfect size for so many uses.

I also think the updated/retro Kitchen Shears will be a hit. I've had a hard time convincing people that the current shears really are as sturdy as the old ones.

I can see the Digital Pocket Thermometer being big, too. It's really easy to read.

Oh, and the Weekday Meals cards will be HUGE!

Jul 20, 2009
  5. chefann

chefann Legend Member Gold Member

I posted in the other thread about this that I think the ice bucket and cocktail shaker will be big, just because of the current trend of fun cocktails.
    Side note: someone at my NED's dinner mentioned that she was disappointed that HO had added items that were used for alcoholic drinks. My NED said that she thought it was great that the company has come so far without them, but the lack of them in the catalog was going to start holding us back. And our customers are adults - they can choose to purchase those items or not.

I love the Weekday Dinners cards. Those are going to be my free gift to anyone who buys a DCB or 12" skillet at regular price.

For holiday gifting, I think the new beaded pieces will be great, especially combined with the bamboo cheese board, and maybe a nice piece of cheese.

Jul 20, 2009
  6. Ginger428

Ginger428 Legacy Member Gold Member

EVERYTHING Rae said......:D

Jul 20, 2009
  7. kdangel518

kdangel518 Advanced Member Gold Member

I am excited about the new shears (never had the old ones and love my current ones, so REALLY excited about the new ones!), the weekday dinners cards, the digital pocket thermometer (we registered for one when we got married last year, my pre-PC days, lol, but never rec'd it- that's coming off the registry now!) and the RUFTH trivet! I love the martini glasses, but we have SO many martini glasses at home that I am not sure I will buy any...

Personally, NOT excited about the adjustable measuring spoons and the measuring cup set. I am really disappointed they are discontinuing the easy adjustable measuring spoon- the benefit of having an all in one measuring spoon was the #1 selling point along with the fact that it's great for sticky stuff like honey, etc. because it just pops right out! I am really really sad to see that go. I know there were quality issues with the cup, so I understand that, but still... that cup set is huge and looks like it's going to take up a lot of space. I'm just not a fan :(

Jul 20, 2009
  8. kam

kam Legacy Member Staff Member

I love recipes - so I am super excited about the new cookbooks/meal cards. As always I also can't wait to see the new SB.

For personal use: I want the 2-cup prep bowls and I am happy with the restyle of the Cookie Press. I am really happy to see it has a manual "crank" handle! :)

BUT, I have ALWAYS HATED our Easy Adj Measuring Cup and Spoon. I have a nice metal (SS?) set from Williams Sonoma that I use at home and I could never bring myself to buy the Easy Adj Cup - even if just for shows. I almost broke down and bought it in April KE just to have for shows. I am so glad I didn't!! Even though these new ones are plastic - I think they will be a great improvement. So I am really excited about the Measuring Cup set to use at shows.

I was happy about the Shaker and Ice Bucket until I saw that they are plastic. If they had to be plastic, I was hoping they would atleast be Cranberry tinted. I guess if they were metal, it would probably be cost prohibitive.?? DH will never use a plastic shaker over the metal ones he has now. :(

Jul 20, 2009
  9. kdangel518

kdangel518 Advanced Member Gold Member

The clear plastic shaker and ice bucket match the quick stir pitchers though!

Jul 20, 2009
  10. raebates

raebates Legend Member Staff Member

One of my suggestions when I filled out the survey had to do with this. Most of my customers don't drink. However, my roommates and I quickly came up with several other uses for the Martini Glasses (desserts, serving nuts or candy) and the Shaker (protein drinks or omelets). Several people I talked to were disappointed until I pointed out these uses. I think it would have helped if they'd mentioned a few non-alcoholic uses for each of them.

I sold lots, but many of my customers were just flummoxed by the thing. I love that we'll have something easy to use. Plus, there's always the Measure-All for one-piece measuring.

The double-walled plastic is very popular right now. I can understand loving metal ones, but I think these will sell well.

Jul 20, 2009
  11. kam

Yes, you are right. :) I was just thinking personal use. We have a nice metal ice bucket and metal shakers and when I was reading the threads of the new products to DH - we pictured a metal set. And I was picturing some cranberry on them and a nice PC logo!!! I thought "how cool for our bar". But, then was a little let down that they were plastic and not cranberry.

But, realistically, you are right, these will sell.

And, I did not realize they were the double wall plastic - so I am happier about that.

Now that I think about it... I bypass my nice metal travel mugs and drink my ice coffee out of a double walled clear plastic travel mug every day!! haha.

Jul 20, 2009
  12. babywings76

babywings76 Legend Member Gold Member

Also, there was a tidbit of info regarding a plus to the double-walled plastic. It said: "The materials of the ice bucket help it retain 50% more ice during a four hour period than stainless steel."

That I think will be a great thing to tell people! :) Now, if only we had ice tongs! Maybe use the small bamboo tongs?

Jul 20, 2009
  13. kam

Good info! And I saw your other posts about lacking tongs. I agree. It would have been nice to come with tongs. I saw that you had said someone had mentioned using the egg separater. I can't wait to try that! I have a really old PC egg separater that I love, but just recently purchased the (realtively) newer one. And I hate the newer one - so this now gives me a use for it! :) Yeah!

Jul 20, 2009
  14. legacypc46

legacypc46 Senior Member Gold Member

Our favorite (and easiest) dessert to make for company is something DH and I call Ice Cream Martinis. We rim a large martini glass with colored sugar, crumble some biscotti in a large martini glass, add 3-4 mini-scoops (using the small scoop), add some more biscotti, some whipped cream (using the EAD), zest some white and dark chocolate (using microplane), and viola! We sometimes add a splash of liqour or chocolate sauce...and if we have them on hand, add a chocolate stick or two (you can usually find them at Ross). I can't wait to see what these look like in the Dots Martini glasses. :)

Jul 21, 2009
  15. BlessedWifeMommy

BlessedWifeMommy Veteran Member

Sounds great! I want one now... :love:

Have something to add?