• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

New Product Discussion and Conference Highlights

In summary, the new products that were announced were the Bamboo Turnabout, the Small Knife Block Set, the Bamboo Towels, the MFP Cards, the Silcone Oven Mit, and the Chip Maker. Some people seemed to be excited about the Small Ridged Baker, the Chip Maker, and the Bamboo Towels, while others were not as excited. The new cookbooks that were shown off were Veg, Chocolate, and a new charity cookbook that was not available to see at the
babywings76
Gold Member
Thought I'd start a thread so we could discuss the new products a little bit.

Also, for those who went to Conference, please share what products everyone seemed to be really excited about when it was announced or as you saw them in person.

I didnt got but I am super excited about the bamboo turn about and I cant wait to see the bamboo fiber bowls. I think the new stoneware piece will be exciting for customers. Something that will fit in the mictowavr but cheaper then the dcb. I really dont know how I feel about the taupe... I am a big cookbook addict so I am excited to see all the new recipes.

I am super excited to see the bamboo items also. I certainly don't need another tool turn about (I use 2 in my kitchen now), I am still excited to see one. I don't know how I feel about the taupe, but what is done is done! I also am a cookbook addict, so I'm anxious to see the new cookbooks in particular.

Someone mentioned items to match the dots picnic tote. It looks like it matches the Mother's Day tote instead! Email just came. Check it out!

The Bamboo Turn About was exciting the presentation, but rather small when I saw it in person. It only has two tiers instead of three, and the little slots are smaller, but I do have a couple of customers that wanted a smaller Turn About, so maybe it will be good. Twice as pricey as the regular Tool Turn About, which might be a tough sell. The Small Ridged Baker (or "bacon pan" as I kept hearing it called) will be nice, I think. I'll be interested to try the Simple Slicer...seems like a real improvement over the mandoline, but it wasn't really possible to use it hands on, so I won't know until mine comes in the SAT package. The MFP Cards are good, & the cookbooks that we saw (Veg, Chocolate) looked awesome. No way to see the new charity cookbook yet. NOBODY seems to like the taupe. Not sure what's going on there...

I thought the taupe was pretty, myself. But not what I would consider a "hot" color. But I have a few rooms painted that color, so I liked it. I prefer the cranberry.The bamboo TTA is very attractive, but ues, rather small. I think smaller gadgets would fit well, but ypu couldn't put lots of the regular spoons, spatulas, etc in this. The bamboo bowls are very nice. I liked those. I love some of the new panty items, and the MFP recipes are great. They will pair great as a bundle with the MFP. I was skeptical of the chip maker, ut after watching a test kitchen demo live, I am sold. Being able to make my own chips with no oil! Can you say seriously low points (WW)!?!?!?!!Oh and I really liked the silcone oven mit. It felt so nice on and no bulk. The interior cotton was a great idea. The glassware cleaner....I can leave those.

I'm curious about the ridged baker and bacon. So now its okay for the bacon grease to be on the stoneware? I was always told to put down parchment paper cuz it could soak through.

I never put down parchment when I make my bacon! Hmmmm!

I didn't go to conference but I am loving the measuring colander thing. Don't remember what it's called but I think it will be great for fruit and dry beans and things like that needing to be measured for recipes but also washed.

I personally did not attend conference either, however, I am in love with all of the Bamboo products so I am excited about the Bamboo Tool Turnabout, the Small Knife Block Set, the Bamboo Towels, etc. I love it all!

I love the taupe as I prefer to have neutral color items that stand the test of time. (Anyone want to buy a white DCB?) I am so excited about a few products, all I could say when they were announced was this:

"Bye, Bye, Tupperware!!!!! :) :D "

My wish has been granted and science experiments in my fridge will be minimized.

I'm not that crazy about the taupe. I think some people might be glad there's a neutral color option, but I think white or vanilla was better. Guess we'll see how they sell. I'm surprised to see the DCB in it, too, since the whole hoopla about stopping the white ones due to the manufacturer not being able to keep up. ;) So what I want to know is...how is the quality and price of our glass containers compared to other ones people can buy at the stores?

Oh, and did they let you guys sample the new pantry items? There's an awful lot of them. I hope I like them. :D It's fun to try them and get new flavors and recipe ideas with our pantry items.

babywings76 said:
I'm not that crazy about the taupe. I think some people might be glad there's a neutral color option, but I think white or vanilla was better. Guess we'll see how they sell. I'm surprised to see the DCB in it, too, since the whole hoopla about stopping the white ones due to the manufacturer not being able to keep up. ;)

So what I want to know is...how is the quality and price of our glass containers compared to other ones people can buy at the stores?

I have a couple sets of them that I bought from Costco, and with a coupon was able to get for around $25 for a set of 6 of them. (I think. At least 6 - maybe more)
Ours look and act JUST like those - but the one difference I noted was that in the catalog, it says that ours are oven-safe up to 350 degrees. The ones I have say that they are not oven-safe.

so, when do we start selling the new products?

ChefBeckyD said:
I have a couple sets of them that I bought from Costco, and with a coupon was able to get for around $25 for a set of 6 of them. (I think. At least 6 - maybe more)
Ours look and act JUST like those - but the one difference I noted was that in the catalog, it says that ours are oven-safe up to 350 degrees. The ones I have say that they are not oven-safe.

What do ours cost? I guess them being oven safe will be something those with toaster ovens will like? I guess I need to see them in person, but I can't picture putting something that small in my oven. KWIM? I noticed also that ours come with just a 1 yr. guarantee. That makes me nervous when dealing with lids that seal. All my Tupperware held up well for a year, and then went bad. Hopefully they will be available as a replacement part down the road if people have issues years later?

Leak proof glass containers - 1 yr
-1 1/2 cup square - $10.50
-3 cup square - $13.50
-5 1/4 cup rectangle - $17.50
-8 1/4 cup rectangle - $23.50

We can start selling the new products Sept. 1st.

Still bummed we don't offer basil canola oil - now rosemary? Hmmm...

The two I'm most interested to try in my test kitchen are the simple slicer (I'm not a fan of the Ult. Mandoline so hope this is easier) and the micro chip maker. There was a lot of silence in the room when they revealed the taupe. Some people seemed to warm up to it a little after they saw it in product showcase. The price of the bamboo note holder is ridiculous for what it is. I thought they would discontinue the bamboo prep towels so I was surprised they added to that collection. The bamboo mixing bowls don't wow me, either.

To get away from my negative Nelly feelings... I tried the Choc. Peppermint Dessert Sauce and the Choc. Caramel Dessert Sauce - YUM!!!! I tried the peppermint first. It had a good but not overwhelming peppermint flavor. I didn't clear my palate before trying the choc. caramel but I could still tell there was caramel flavor there. The flavored vinegars may go over well. My teammate was excited about the pomegranate one b/c that's in a salad at Uno's. I smelled the applewood rub. It was not what I was expecting. Very smoky. I smelled the mole rub (did not open the one they gave us, just smelled a big bowl of it in product showcase). It didn't thrill me so I'll have to see how it tastes in use. I continued to be surprised that the company keeps adding to the pantry section. We now have over $500 worth of pantry products. Then I realized that the HO lead orders I've been getting lately have been a lot of pantry orders. Even one of my past hosts ordered pantry items for the 3rd time while I was at conference. I am going to embrace the pantry more now.

The pantry items are great for repeat sales. I keep pushing them at my shows. I'm excited about the no-drip oil and vinegar pourers.

Super excited about the pantry stuff (minus the dessert sauces) but, i'm not a dessert person.I wish they would bring back the coffee, tea (set us apart from Tastefully simple) and the brownies!!!

ChefBeckyD said:

I just went to Costco yesterday and found the set that you are talking about (or perhaps a new version), 18 piece set, counting lids for $24 (after coupon), and it IS oven safe. Eek. I'd love to know some sort of difference so i can comfortably market that beautiful glassware without adding to the stigma in my area that PC is just too expensive.

I was very excited about the Bamboo Turnabout until I saw how small it was. All the new bamboo stuff is very small.... I am worried that people are going to be disappointed once they receive the items. The Bamboo mixing bowls are nice but need lids - but I thought they were very reasonably priced for a set of 3 mixing bowls... it's a nice altnerative to those that can't go for the SS set.

I wasn't excited about the taupe - def not a HOT color. I thought for sure it was going to be burnt orange or something! It's much deeper and prettier in person than on the screen and catalog though.

Candy thermometer is going to be huge... I have had so many customer request it. I think I'm going to do a chocolate/candy mystery host show this fall - between the new cookbook and thermometer, it will be great to show them off.

I don't sell a lot of pantry items but I really need to start focusing on them since it seems PC is really going to pushing it!

I love the oven mits and the glass cleaner!

I think a lot of ppl will love the chip maker if you demo it.... but I think it's going to be a gadget just like the apcs. I foresee a lot of them at yardsales in a year or so!

I will sell a lot of oil and vinegar bottles, for sure.

I like the glass containers but I'm worried they are too expensive compared to something like Pyrex.

I wasn't excited about the taupe til I saw it in the showroom. It is a lot prettier in person, a deeper cafe au lait color. I want them now, and they're only available for the fall season so I see them being sold quite a bit.

Loved the storage containers because they are oven and micro safe with leak proof lids. You can use them for prep, cook, serve and store...less clutter and less clean up. A bit pricey, but worth it to me. :)

The chocolate mint is seriously delicious and I'm curious to try the others.

Loved the simple slicer and already plan on using it with the chip maker as a show idea...add to the tasting party idea and have a guilt free "junk" food party. Also looking forward to trying the new pantry sauces, good combos and would make easier yummy recipes.

The vinegars are exciting and I'm loving the dripless bottles.

They showed perfect bacon in 3 minutes with the ridged baker, and I agree that it's a nice alternative for smaller portions.

The mitt is cool and they mentioned being able to immerse in boiling water, but not sure if I'm brave enough to test. :)

The easy read measuring colander is going to be used a lot in my kitchen and is a lot larger than I first envisioned.

The new recipes are super exciting as I can see them making great shows and probably favorites at home.

I can't wait to get the Bamboo TTA - it's going on my desk for all my pens, markers, pencils, scissors...

I thought the taupe stoneware was really pretty, very neutral (much prettier in person than in pictures)

Love the glass square storage containers

Can't wait to get the bamboo dry-erase board and the note holder

Small ridged baker will be an easy seller!

All the new spices, rubs, oils, vinegars, dessert and savory sauces sound delicious. We got to taste the Chocolate Caramel and Chocolate Peppermint on some ice cream at lunch and they were delish!

All the cookbooks are good

Microwave chip maker is interesting, can't wait to try it.

Love the bamboo fiber mixing bowls - wish they had lids

All in all, I think it's a good combo of new items and I can't wait to start selling them.

The Taupe is MUCH prettier in person!!! Also some people will want to buy it just because it is only available for one season.The TTA is great for a desk! Also for people who don't like to keep many things on their calender.
I thought the bamboo dry-erase and note holder were perfect for those people who show up at a show and say "I don't cook"

esavvymom said:
I thought the taupe was pretty, myself. But not what I would consider a "hot" color. But I have a few rooms painted that color, so I liked it. I prefer the cranberry.

This is what I learned about the Taupe from a higher up at conference..... apparently kitchen colors follow fashion colors but are about 6 months behind... why kitchen colors would follow fashion is beyond me.... but anyways nude and taupe have been on trend fashionably speaking for almost 2 seasons now. Hence, all the handbangs and shoes around the stoneware shelves in the product showroom at conference.... LOVED the Sam Edelman's with the spikes on the back.... anyways.... personally I wouldn't put Taupe stoneare in my kitchen because it is grey, blue, and white... but I'm sure some people out there are going to love it!

I'm SO impressed with the new handle for the Ultimate Mandoline - it's also not one of my favorites but I think a bigger round opening will be so much easier. The Simple Slicer is just what some of my customers have been asking for - an adjustable slicer! I am also excited about the Microwave Chip Maker. So many options for healthier snacks, both sweet and savory. The Pantry items are pretty impressive, too. Many in my group were wondering what the purpose of the Easy Read Strainer/Colander (I can't exactly remember what it was called) is, but I think it'll be great - probably since I'm a berry eater - I love blueberries, raspberries, etc. But you could use it for small vegetables, too - peas, green beans, edamame, etc. Overall I really like the new stuff!

I was excited about most of the products. I absolutely LOVE the taupe...it goes so well with the Cranberry and when you actually see the color up close, its so pretty. The bamboo products are great...the tta is definitely alot smaller than the black one. It would be great for a smaller kitchen. Love the pantry items, I just need to start selling more of them.

FATKAT55 said:
I was excited about most of the products. I absolutely LOVE the taupe...it goes so well with the Cranberry and when you actually see the color up close, its so pretty. The bamboo products are great...the tta is definitely alot smaller than the black one. It would be great for a smaller kitchen. Love the pantry items, I just need to start selling more of them.

I agree. It's a very nice complementary color with the Cranberry. They look pretty together.

I also totally get the color from a fashion viewpoint. We are in the middle of remodeling our kitchen (Thanks to TPC!) and all of the "in" colors when we've been choosing counter/backsplash/sink etc...have been more earth tones. My kitchen has been cranberry/cream/yellow - and it's going to be cream/taupe/black. So the new taupe stoneware is going to be beautiful in my new kitchen!

Taupe is for shoes and handbags & not stoneware! And they had some gorgeous examples flanking the stoneware! :)

I was curious about colors, you know how last winter they had eggplant, pumpkin and sage, and then went back to cranberry for the summer? Did they change up colors at all for the products like towels, paring knives, islice etc?

Those are still the same. The only change in colors is the addition of taupe for the glazed stoneware. The taupe is just for this season only.

I am super excited about the new chip maker. What a great way to have some good cooking time with your kids after school to make a healthy snack. Quick and easy and cross sell the simple slicer and the dripless oil and vinegar set.. They said in the demo room that you can do potatoes, sweet potatoes, apples, pears, jicama...anything with less water in it. Add some smoky BBQ rub or salt and vinegar and voila. Healthy chips!

chefa said:
Taupe is for shoes and handbags & not stoneware! And they had some gorgeous examples flanking the stoneware! :)

My thought exactly!!! When I saw "taupe," I thought "pumps." That is the only association I have with that color. Some great looking taupe accessories in the product showcase. It's a color that is on a lot of walls in people's houses. I'm still not convinced, but I don't have to love it, my customers do.

Well one thing is that it's only here for this season. So, if people love it, we can get them to buy as many pieces as they can so they can get a matching set if they prefer. If they don't like it, just wait till next season! :D

I love the new glass containers, but think at the price point they are going to be a hard sell. Just got an e-mail about this new product. Yes, they are oven safe to 400.

Ziploc® Brand VersaGlass? Containers

Can't wait to try the chip maker and the ridged baker.

I'm excited about the bamboo turn about, note holder, and message board. Also looking forward to the flavored vinegars.

the LIDS on our square and rectangle containers are LEAKPROOF and MICROWAVABLE. Something I don't believe the others offer....

lt1jane said:
the LIDS on our square and rectangle containers are LEAKPROOF and MICROWAVABLE. Something I don't believe the others offer....

The Glass-Lock ones I get at Costco are. Seriously, I looked over the ones in the product room really carefully, and then came home and looked at all of mine again, and I am pretty certain they are exactly the same - made by the same vendor.

I love the taupe, but they could have come up with a more enticing name, like cafe au lait or latte!

Oh yeah, that would have been way better names for the color!

Are the lids for the glass containers microwave safe? Oven safe?

I believe that I saw they are microwave safe but I doubt that they are oven safe.

They are oven safe up to 350! That's one of the selling points of them - prepare your meal the night before and take it right out of the fridge and into the oven (unlike stoneware that you have to bring back up to room temp).

wadesgirl said:
They are oven safe up to 350! That's one of the selling points of them - prepare your meal the night before and take it right out of the fridge and into the oven (unlike stoneware that you have to bring back up to room temp).

But are the LIDS oven safe?? I knew the glass was, but wasn't sure about the lids. I know the description says they have a silicone seal, but it doesn't mention the rest of the lid. Until we have the P.I.G, we won't know for sure. :) Ask that question again next week after folks start getting their S.A.T. boxes. ;)

esavvymom said:
But are the LIDS oven safe?? I knew the glass was, but wasn't sure about the lids. I know the description says they have a silicone seal, but it doesn't mention the rest of the lid. Until we have the P.I.G, we won't know for sure. :) Ask that question again next week after folks start getting their S.A.T. boxes. ;)

Ah!! I missed that part! The description in the new mini catalog says that the glass is oven safe to 350, freezer, dishwasher and microwave safe. I would assume that the lids would only be dishwasher safe.

I figured at MOST they might be microwave safe. But we'll have to wait and see when we get the info. I didn't get close enough to them at conference to be able to see.
MAN was it crowded in the product room- Every time I went!

I read it somewhere that they were OK for the microwave but they had to be unsealed before nuking. I was trying to find the picture again but didn't yet.

Yup. It was on one of Sheila's pictures. Glass and lids are microwave safe. Lids should be unsnapped first. Only the glass is oven-safe, the way it reads in the picture.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Admin Greg
  • Products and Tips
2 3 4
Replies
Views
pampchefrhondab
  • DebPC
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg