• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Find New Posts Easily - Learn the Post Order on Forums

In summary, learning the post order on forums allows you to easily stay up to date on discussions and participate in conversations that interest you. The post order can typically be viewed in either chronological or reverse chronological order and can be customized on some forums. Using reverse chronological order can be beneficial in prioritizing new content and encouraging active participation. Additionally, most forums have a feature to mark posts as read for easier tracking.
ShellBeach
Quick question about the link to New Posts
(on the line that includes these other links:
Mark Forums Read....Search Forums....Watched Forums....Watched Threads....New Posts)Is it only pulling posts from top-level forums?Reason I ask, is after I post a reply, I would expect my reply to be at the top of the list, but it never is.
So, it must be some other order than most recent post at the top of the list.

I'm having trouble finding posts unless I search on a specific word that I can recall from the subject.

For example, after just making the post above, the "New Posts" link looks exactly as it did before I posted:
upload_2014-11-25_20-56-49.png

If I go to the Home link, the newest posts are shown in a section over on the right:
upload_2014-11-25_21-4-0.png

ShellBeach, I noticed that too. Sometimes after posting I like to check that it posted (and make sure I put it where it belongs-lol) and it was always easy just to hit new posts and see it. I think it has to do with "visiting" the page. I am thinking that since you posted, it is counted that page as visited by you and so it is no longer "new" to you. ?

kam said:
I am thinking that since you posted, it is counted that page as visited by you and so it is no longer "new" to you. ?
Until someone replies to your post

What is the purpose of learning the post order on forums?

Learning the post order on forums allows you to easily find new posts and stay up to date on discussions and conversations happening on the forum. This can help you stay engaged and participate in discussions that interest you.

How can I view the post order on a forum?

The post order on a forum is typically displayed in two ways: chronological order and reverse chronological order. Chronological order shows the oldest posts first, while reverse chronological order displays the newest posts first. You can usually change the post order by selecting the appropriate option in the forum's settings or by clicking on a button labeled "Newest" or "Oldest."

What is the benefit of using reverse chronological order?

Using reverse chronological order allows you to see the most recent posts first, making it easier to stay current on discussions and avoid duplicate posts. It also helps to prioritize new content and encourages active participation in ongoing conversations.

Can I customize the post order on a forum?

Some forums may allow you to customize the post order by selecting specific categories or topics to view. This can be helpful if you only want to see posts related to certain subjects or if you prefer to view posts in a specific order.

Is there a way to mark posts as read on a forum?

Yes, most forums have a feature that allows you to mark posts as read. This can help you keep track of which posts you have already read and which ones are new. Look for a button or option labeled "Mark as Read" or "Mark All Posts as Read" to utilize this feature.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DZmom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pamperedbecky
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Eftilly
Replies