• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Why am I not receiving Consultant News if I had a 'bad' month?

In summary, the new policies at HO discourage consultants from being active in order to receive the monthly CN.
kam
Staff member
OK, for some reason, this part of the new policy really irks me:

Active Consultant
A Consultant (of any level) is active in a month when he or
she submits at least $150 personal commissionable sales.
Privileges of Active Consultants
• Receive mailed version of Consultant News
• If you were active the prior month, you will be mailed
the next Consultant News.
• Place personal or sample orders.

So, if I submit like this:
June: $2000
July: 0
August: $3000

I am reading the policy to mean that I would not get a CN in the mail in the beginning of August since I was "inactive" the month of July....

I'm sorry, but the CN motivates and provides info and ideas on getting bookings and sales etc. If I have a "bad" month, then I DON'T get the CN??? So, I don't benefit from the articles to get me moving/motivated again???

I can understand removing the perks (personal orders/CN) if I become inacative for the 2 month time frame, but just to have ONE month and not get the next month's CN??

I know I can read it online...but it's not the same. Sorry.

I can get hot & cold. Some months I don't have anything to submit. I get really busy one month and then personal things take over the next month, so I don't push for shows. Also, just this year, NO ONE liked the March specials. I had a ton of February shows and when I pushed March shows, I got asked about the specials. Most were "no, I'll just book in the summer". Couldn't get a firm date. So, THEN I mentioned the April specials and I got some firm dates. So, here I am without a March show. I was not upset as I had a crazy February and I need to re-group.

EDIT: please note that this is just my interpretation of the new policy. I have not verified with HO.

Thats how I read it. You can always read it online too, its not like you are being withheld the information that they provide. They are probably just trying to save some money.

Where are you finding this information? I would love to go over it to see what other policies are changing. Is on the website??

Kelly V.

The new policies are on CC.

Yep, right on CC. I think the top item in the list on the right has the new policies eff 4/1/09. Consultant Policy Guide.

I have not read it all, I have just been skimming it when I have a few moments.

If there is a policy that you have issues with (like this one) please contact HO with your concerns. They need to hear what we think and they will change things if our reasoning is good and enough of us say something to them.

I'm not saying you can't express them here - just tell HO too!

BethCooks4U said:
If there is a policy that you have issues with (like this one) please contact HO with your concerns. They need to hear what we think and they will change things if our reasoning is good and enough of us say something to them.

I just emailed them about this and also asking about the new KE 3-month activity requirement (in another thread).

I'll post when I get an answer/confirmation.

But, I agree, if others have concerns about some of the items in the new policies, they should definitely email HO and let them know. They won't know there is an issue unless others voice concern too.

BethCooks4U said:

I totally agree with you!

Maybe they are referring to that "second month" of inactivity. Under the new career plan, the first inactive month is really no bid deal. It is the second month of inactivity that you lose your career sales, etc. Just a thought, but would still like a clarification.

pkd09 said:
Maybe they are referring to that "second month" of inactivity. Under the new career plan, the first inactive month is really no bid deal. It is the second month of inactivity that you lose your career sales, etc. Just a thought, but would still like a clarification.

No, as I read it, it is perfectly clear that if you are not active you do not get the next CN. Crazy.

That does seem a little "tight." I can see not sending a paper copy after the 2nd inactive month, but HO's justification is probably that we can all still download them.

Maybe they are trying to control expenses...mailing CN to consultants who don't stay active must cost them a lot. It always seemed when I was getting close to being inactive, they always mailed mine too late in the month to use. I like seeing it on line, which I can usually do earlier. They ought to give us a choice if we want to receive a mailed one.

Trish in Texas
Independent Consultant

Personally I think the entire CN should JUST be given out online. I mean really, you read it, it goes into a stack and then you save them ... FOR WHAT? I could see if you were "in" the magazine then to received a hard copy, but personally, I think CN to be mailed out to EVERYONE IS SUCH A WASTE OF PAPER AND RESOURCES.
**Disclaimer, this is just MY OPINION, you do not have to agree with me!**

I have already read mine online when I get it in the mail b/c it is always so late.

I like having the host and guest specials to rip out and put in sheet protectors to have for my shows. My printer doesn't do that nice of a job. Other than that, I'm fine with just looking online. Plus, my CN always comes so late, that I've already read everything online anyway, so it's old news to me. ;)

vwpamperedchef said:
Personally I think the entire CN should JUST be given out online. I mean really, you read it, it goes into a stack and then you save them ... FOR WHAT? I could see if you were "in" the magazine then to received a hard copy, but personally, I think CN to be mailed out to EVERYONE IS SUCH A WASTE OF PAPER AND RESOURCES.

Right on, sistah! I DO agree with you.​

vwpamperedchef said:

I ditto that! I just got mine today for March, the month is 1/3 over, I read it last week online. I keep them in a pile, but I rarely go back to find it, I just get on the computer to look it up if I question something.

I understand that many only look at the online version, but I actually LIKE getting the hard copy. I always SCAN the CN online for key information. But, if I am on the computer, I am always multi-tasking, so I don't really get to read-read the articles.

So, when I get the hard copy, I can sit, relax and read it when that is my only focus.

I am a computer programmer for my FT job. I am staring at the computer ALL day (and apparently I am on here at night too!). I certainly read good bit of documentation/info online all day - so it's not like I am not a "computer person".

So, when I have a chance to read something off-line, I enjoy it.

(Yes, I still read a daily newspaper and actually buy books and magazines). :)

vwpamperedchef said:

I agree with you 100%! (and so does my one recruit! We just had this conversation a week ago - hello, what happened to GREEN?)

kam said:
(Yes, I still read a daily newspaper and actually buy books and magazines). :)

See, I guess I'm used to reading my news online (I get the Wall Street Journal online for free through work, so why pay for the paper and fiddle with it at my desk only to throw it away at the end of the day?). I do buy books, but sell them back on Amazon after I read them, and hardly ever buy magazines anymore (any article I want to find on an interesting subject is online anyway). It's definitely a mind-set, though. There will always be people who prefer paper over "virtual".

vwpamperedchef said:

Well, I'll have to respectfuly disagree. I love getting my paper copy. I do keep them and have gone back to them several times to look for something that I remembered was good that I can use for training my team. I also love getting the photo quality host/guest/consultant/recruit specials to show people.

Everything these days is available online. I feel like I'm always reading my computer screen. A lot of things, I'd much rather have a paper copy of so I can read it in another part of the house or take to the pool or outside to read while my son is playing. I know I can print them myself, but I like the professional photo quality that HO provides to us.

pamperedlinda said:
Well, I'll have to respectfuly disagree. I love getting my paper copy. I do keep them and have gone back to them several times to look for something that I remembered was good that I can use for training my team. I also love getting the photo quality host/guest/consultant/recruit specials to show people.

Everything these days is available online. I feel like I'm always reading my computer screen. A lot of things, I'd much rather have a paper copy of so I can read it in another part of the house or take to the pool or outside to read while my son is playing. I know I can print them myself, but I like the professional photo quality that HO provides to us.

I am with you, Linda. I like my hard copy. You have to remember, not everyone has computer access. I have dial up, do you know how long it would take to read that thing!?! :yuck: Then we do have others that don't even have computers. They mail things in or go to the library to submitt.

I am all for green, though, if possible. Maybe they could do like credit cards do and offer a paperless option. Then you have the option of getting a hard copy or just getting it on-line.

pamperedlinda said:

I'm with you on this! I love being able to throw it in my tote and take it with me! I've had comments and inquiries from people who have seen me reading it. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have gotten them had I been reading a printout. :rolleyes:

And I love having the Host/Guest Special from the CN. I print them in b&w for my host packets, and it's nice to have the ones from CN for shows.

chefcharity said:
I am with you, Linda. I like my hard copy. You have to remember, not everyone has computer access. I have dial up, do you know how long it would take to read that thing!?! :yuck: Then we do have others that don't even have computers. They mail things in or go to the library to submitt.

I am all for green, though, if possible. Maybe they could do like credit cards do and offer a paperless option. Then you have the option of getting a hard copy or just getting it on-line.

That's a good idea!

I like the hard copy, I feel like I can lay on the couch and read it and relax if I want...not have to scan it on the computer. I think I pick up more info by taking my time reading the pages.

Thanks for those who agreed, and Linda I respect your arguement.

HO should make it an option.

There should be little steps to help make the planet a little greener...and with postage going UP again, it would help save $$ for the company as well.

Its a great topic of discussion and I hope someone from HO is reading this :)

Eliminating junk mail is one way I'd like to make the planet greener....does anyone actually open the envelopes full of coupons before placing them in the trash to places I never shop or eat at?

I do like the idea of registering for it as on-line or hard copy. I think that idea should be sent to HO.

Im torn, I prefer to get my copy online and would like to have more opportunities to be green. I think to have an option is a great green and economically sound idea! But as someone else mentioned, I really like to have the host/guest special flyers to show my customers. I wonder if there is a way to still get those whether it be monthly or quarterly and I wonder if that would just be more trouble than it is worth?

I think a paperless option like we have for many of our bills would be a great way to save $ and trees!

1. Why am I not receiving Consultant News if I had a 'bad' month?

The new policy states that in order to receive the mailed version of Consultant News, a Consultant must submit at least $150 personal commissionable sales in a month. If a Consultant does not meet this requirement, they will not receive the mailed version of Consultant News in the following month.

2. What privileges do Active Consultants have?

Active Consultants, regardless of their level, are entitled to receive the mailed version of Consultant News, as well as place personal or sample orders. They also have the benefit of receiving the next month's Consultant News if they were active in the prior month.

3. Will I receive the next month's Consultant News if I had a 'bad' month?

If a Consultant was inactive in the prior month, they will not receive the mailed version of Consultant News in the following month. However, they can still access the online version of Consultant News.

4. Why is the Consultant News important for my business?

The Consultant News provides valuable information and ideas on getting bookings and sales, which can help motivate and inspire Consultants to grow their business. It also keeps Consultants updated on new products, promotions, and company news.

5. What if I have a busy month followed by a slow month?

The new policy may affect Consultants who have inconsistent sales or busy schedules. If a Consultant is unable to meet the $150 personal commissionable sales requirement in a month, they will not receive the mailed version of Consultant News in the following month. However, they can still access the online version and benefit from the information provided.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • jrstephens
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
lacychef
  • LilChefBeth