1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: New PC Logo??

1. SherryLynn

SherryLynn Member Gold Member

My hospitality director posted that we might not want to buy any logowear from Merrill until fall as there "may" be a new logo. Has anyone else heard that rumor? I wonder what they might change it to....

Last edited: Jun 29, 2015
    Jun 29, 2015
  2. raebates

raebates Legend Member Staff Member

Interesting. I hadn't heard that. Still, even if they do change it, the old logo will work. I still have some things with the old logo--a hen sitting on a chef hat.

Jun 30, 2015
    Donna McNally, Jasmine and baychef like this.
  3. DebPC

DebPC Legacy Member Staff Member

Haven't heard anything.

Jun 30, 2015
  4. baychef

baychef Senior Member Silver Member

Most likely, they will announce it at conference if this is the case. When they changed it one other time, it was very hush until conference.

Jul 4, 2015
  5. rockstarchef23

rockstarchef23 Novice Member Gold Member

There is a new logo! and its much different that what we have now!

SherryLynn, baychef and raebates like this.
  6. rockstarchef23

And i will not post in here what it is, i dont want trouble in PC land

baychef likes this.
  7. SherryLynn

SherryLynn Member Gold Member

Lol. I wasn't going to ask but I can't wait to see it. I guess that's why Merrill is having a sale and so little is on there right now.

Jul 7, 2015
    baychef and raebates like this.
  8. raebates

I'm also going to guess that the new logo is the big secret to the new demonstration cloth we can earn.

Jul 7, 2015
    SherryLynn and baychef like this.
  9. baychef

Week....now I getting more excited. I do like our logo now but it still is exciting!

Jul 7, 2015
    SherryLynn likes this.
  10. rockstarchef23

Hint: No Hat, there is a Spoon involved!

raebates likes this.
  11. esavvymom

esavvymom Legend Member Staff Member

Now that we have seen the new logo....Thoughts?

I still don't like that it looks nearly identical to AllRecipes .com's logo!! The only difference is that our spoon is "happier" than their spoon, and our spoon is in the middle of our two words, instead of at the end. I'm not sure that is a big enough difference legally to use another trademarked logo!

Plus, it just looks like we are copying them. I think we are too big for that! I actually emailed Home Office to ask. Before I invest in switching my labels and such, I want to be SURE they don't find out they screwed up.

(I googled "allrecipes logo"...here are the images.)

Jul 20, 2015
  12. baychef

Honestly, I did not like the logo at first, however, we need a fresh start. I will not be changing my logo things right away. Only a guess but I believe that they had to get legal approval for a logo change.

I think ours looks different enough. Think it is a good idea that you brought your concern to Home Office. We do need the confidence in our company going ahead and this clarification needs to be addressed.

Attached Files:

Jul 20, 2015
    Admin Greg likes this.
  13. raebates

I like it. I think it fits with the new focus and goals the company has set. If you haven't already, be sure to watch the video. I don't think we're in danger of our logo being confused with All Recipes'. It's clean and simple.

Jul 20, 2015
  14. esavvymom

esavvymom Legend Member Staff Member

I watched the video. Sure, we have a "story" that goes with it, but the logo is not that different. It's not about people confusing our name/brand with AllRecipes' name and brand. I don't think they would do that. BUT in the world of legal patents, copyrights, and trademarks, you can't be that close with a logo image and get away with it very often. We'll see what they say.

Jul 20, 2015
  15. raebates

I'd be shocked if the PC legal department hadn't approved this. I doubt we're in any jeopardy.

Jul 21, 2015
    chefjeanine and baychef like this.
  16. baychef

I agree, Rae. In the past, maybe, but I think our company is sharper now.

Jul 21, 2015
Have something to add?

Draft saved Draft deleted