• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Have You Heard About The New Pampered Partner Upgrades?

In summary, the email mentioned that Pampered Partner Plus is coming out in January and it has a lot of features that are going to make the business easier. Leaders will also receive the upgraded program in their spring paperwork package. There is also a video Quick Start Guide available for those who want to learn more about the program. There is also a Tech Talk area at Leadership Summit where consultants can get hands-on experience with the new Pampered Partner Plus.
I think this PP plus is great. Originally when I started, this was my biggest concern. The software was ridiculous, as far as learning as apects. I know we have our director to always turn to, but instructions or videos for most are always easier. This will be great. They are truly listening. I am very impressed!!!!!!!!!!!

web-based PP
ange13 said:
Maybe they will finally be offering a web based program!!!!! Then you wouldn't need to worry about MAC conversions?!

Lots of the other direct selling companies have web based programs and I know that PC has been testing things like this over the last few years--so maybe it will all finally happen!!!!!

Apparently a web-based version is in the works per HO. When I contacted them with a PP question after I first started this past fall, I threw the question out there about future Mac compatibility. The guy told me that they probably wouldn't make a Mac version, however they were working on a web-based version. I think it's great news for cross platform use. Now they just have to be able to make it workable offline so that one can still enter data at shows without having to be connected to the internet.

siderits said:
Apparently a web-based version is in the works per HO. When I contacted them with a PP question after I first started this past fall, I threw the question out there about future Mac compatibility. The guy told me that they probably wouldn't make a Mac version, however they were working on a web-based version. I think it's great news for cross platform use. Now they just have to be able to make it workable offline so that one can still enter data at shows without having to be connected to the internet.

It'll be great to have a web based version - I am looking forward to that!!

chefann said:
I've got three people to call from Leadership:
  • Carolyn in Florida
  • Gillian in Alaska
  • Laurel in California
(Plus my two recruits) What they do with the info is up to them! :D

Maybe we should start an official "phone tree" for Leadership info.

Yippee! Can't wait to hear from you!!!

pamperedgirl3 said:
Ok--have a PP question. I tried to make a password required on my laptop for PP, but it kept saying enter old password. I never had an old password, but if I leave it blank, it says invalid password. The other problem is apparently I clicked on the box to require a password. I didn't add one b/c it wouldn't let me & I exited out of the program. Now when I try to get back in, it is asking me for a password. I don't have one! Is there any way to get into PP on my laptop now? I hope so, b/c I only use it for shows! Oops!

Use "password" as the old one. That is (I think) the default that ships with the software.

chefann said:
Use "password" as the old one. That is (I think) the default that ships with the software.

Or try your password that you use to get into Consultant's Corner...I think I've read on the CC page that it is the same password you use to get into PP.

chefann said:

THANK YOU!!!!!!!:D :D That did it! I had tried my CC password & then I thought maybe I had put one in a long time ago but didn't require it to log in. So I was trying every name I could think of, etc. Whew! Thanks!!

Glad I could help. I remember having this same problem. :rolleyes:

Webbased versions are usually slower unless they update every 3 minutes. I hope this will not make a difference. Either way...all the new things sound great. I am very excited My first thought when I saw PP was that it needed to look better. The PC logo looks so great and looks so fresh that our software should look the same.

I hope that when HO uses the term "web based", they actually mean "browser based", which is any program designed to run within a web browser, whether the computer is hooked up to the internet or not. Most browser-based applications are cross-platform, meaning that they'll run on a Mac or Windows (hooray!).

But I really don't want to give up entering orders into PP at a show simply because I have to be connected to the internet in order to do anything.

chefann said:
But I really don't want to give up entering orders into PP at a show simply because I have to be connected to the internet in order to do anything.

Me neither! My DH just got me a laptop to enter orders at shows!

I also just purchased a laptop to enter my shows. I currently use a mac and have to go to a friends house to enter my orders on her PC. My new Dell laptop should be here January 3rd. Now my luck is, right after I purchase a dell to replace my mac they will come out with a mac version of PP!! That would be awesome for all of the mac users out there but a little irionic for me!

The updates sound great:)

I'd rather not everyone spill the beans here about the new stuff (aren't I a party pooper?!) I like the surprise of it all. My director is having a meeting the monday after she gets home to share it all. I like the suspense & finding out with the rest of my team. I can understand people calling directors & FD that can't go; but for the rest of us I think it's just more motivation to get recruiting so next year we can go & hear first;)

Good Thought!!!

chefann said:
I hope that when HO uses the term "web based", they actually mean "browser based", which is any program designed to run within a web browser, whether the computer is hooked up to the internet or not. Most browser-based applications are cross-platform, meaning that they'll run on a Mac or Windows (hooray!).

All I understood from what tou typed was the part about not wanting to give up being able to enter orders at shows...LOL I am so NOT computer-literate. I bought myself a laptop this year and woudl HATE to not be able to use it at shows anymore.

BTW - anyone know where I can get a great bag for carrying my laptop...at a reasonable price? I find my PC briefcase is just overloaded now...

dannyzmom said:
BTW - anyone know where I can get a great bag for carrying my laptop...at a reasonable price? I find my PC briefcase is just overloaded now...

Try eBags.com. They've got a huge variety of bags and computer cases.

dannyzmom said:
All I understood from what tou typed was the part about not wanting to give up being able to enter orders at shows...LOL I am so NOT computer-literate. I bought myself a laptop this year and woudl HATE to not be able to use it at shows anymore.

Did you keep your conference bag from this year? That's what I use for mine. Fits perfectly.

chefann said:
Try eBags.com. They've got a huge variety of bags and computer cases.

Wow - they've got a HUGE selection!!! I wish I could touch and feel them all - I find it so hard to choose things online. Do they have a regular store? I love the Jansport one they have - I have a feeling I'll be ordering one from them this week- - thank you so much for the heads-up!!

pamperedgirl3 said:
Did you keep your conference bag from this year? That's what I use for mine. Fits perfectly.

I didn't keep it - it's REALLY not my style.

The messenger bag from last year would work. I found a cute one at WalMart the other day...more dressy, like a purse. My biggest concern is that most of those types of bags do not have a lot of padding, where my laptop bag that came with the laptop has a lot of padding...but, it is heavy and uncomfortable to carry.

Shawnna said:
The messenger bag from last year would work. I found a cute one at WalMart the other day...more dressy, like a purse. My biggest concern is that most of those types of bags do not have a lot of padding, where my laptop bag that came with the laptop has a lot of padding...but, it is heavy and uncomfortable to carry.

I would like one similar to the PC briefcase - with lots of pockets for my stuff - but that is well padded for my laptop. I saw one on eBags that I like a whole lot for $63 but I think i may go to Staples today and see what they have.

I put mine in the back pocket of my PC rolling bag
It travels fine, sometimes my barpan or SA platter is in there too, so I put a microfiber towel between them.
Teresa

Teresa Lynn said:
I put mine in the back pocket of my PC rolling bag
It travels fine, sometimes my barpan or SA platter is in there too, so I put a microfiber towel between them.
Teresa

That's where I put all the ctalogs and order forms for my shows...where do you put those?

I actually use the conference bag from 2003 as a laptop bag for shows. It's not padded, but my laptop fits in it perfectly. And I don't carry it around other than to shows.

dannyzmom said:
I would like one similar to the PC briefcase - with lots of pockets for my stuff - but that is well padded for my laptop. I saw one on eBags that I like a whole lot for $63 but I think i may go to Staples today and see what they have.

Carolyn,

Do you have a TJMaxx in your area? I'm like you, prefer to touch what I'm buying. Their stock changes all the time. They often have functional and fun bags for your laptop.

Your just a few days older than me, my b-day is the 19th of this month and I am also turning 29!!!!

PampMomof3 said:
That's my birthday! What a great day but I will be 29!:eek: I can't believe it!!!:rolleyes:

Good Luck! Hope you have a smooth delivery!:D

Okay, someone needs to email me the details too!!! I am so excited it is unbearable... :D

Bexs50 said:
I also just purchased a laptop to enter my shows. I currently use a mac and have to go to a friends house to enter my orders on her PC. My new Dell laptop should be here January 3rd. Now my luck is, right after I purchase a dell to replace my mac they will come out with a mac version of PP!! That would be awesome for all of the mac users out there but a little irionic for me!
This may be a goofy question, but when you take your laptops to your shows how do you give them a receipt? Do you go ahead and have them fill out an order form there?

Still have them fill out the three part order form...I use the write-in kind. Then instead of totaling the order with my calculator at the show and then going home and putting it into PP, I can just put it into PP right at the show and it will total it for me...it just skips a step thats all!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• danaher3
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • chefann
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
chefann
  • koeverson